Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1289

Also did a 3-Volume bind of Warren's twenty-nine issue run of 1984/1994 Magazine which ran from 1978-1983. It was their effort to compete with Heavy Metal. Wasn't as good as Heavy Metal but had some really great art by artists like Rudy Nebres, Alex Nino, Esteban Maroto a lot of the Warren stable... Richard Corben's "MUTANT WORLD" and Frank Thorne's GHITA also ran in it's pages.

If you've never seen it, you can check out some interior shots of the magazine on HARDCOVER HEROES

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Oh wow....Thwizzit....those books are absolutely gorgeous!! Enjoy! ����
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Oh wow....Thwizzit....those books are absolutely gorgeous!! Enjoy! ����
    Thanks :-) Aside from almost being finished reading Volume 1, I've been taking photos of all the amazing art contained in all nine volumes. Not quite finished yet but I've uploaded a few hundred images so far, so if there are any Heavy Metal fans, or just fans of amazing illustrated and sequential art (and have the time to peruse hundreds of images) you can check them out HERE :-)

Because Marvel for some reason still hasn't collected 90's ghost rider, I had to get these done last year. I got the blaze issues ready to go but had to spend that money elsewhere so I'm going to wait until the New year to get those done. 20201104_163019.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBlazed21 View Post
    Because Marvel for some reason still hasn't collected 90's ghost rider, I had to get these done last year...
    They look very nice. Ghost Rider particularly has some nice covers to pick from. How did you decide to split them up btw, is it by arcs or creator runs ending etc?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBlazed21 View Post
    Because Marvel for some reason still hasn't collected 90's ghost rider, I had to get these done last year. I got the blaze issues ready to go but had to spend that money elsewhere so I'm going to wait until the New year to get those done. 20201104_163019.jpg
    Those books look great! I was disappointed they only got through two volumes of the 90's Danny Ketch series. Considering the immense popularity of the character at the time, you'd think sales of the trades would have been enough to continue. :-/

I'm crossing my fingers that we get "Siege of Darkness" collected in its entirety under the Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme banner (either via Epic Collection or omnibus).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    They look very nice. Ghost Rider particularly has some nice covers to pick from. How did you decide to split them up btw, is it by arcs or creator runs ending etc?
    Thanks!
    Vol 1 is 1-20 + Hearts of Darkness
    Vol 2 is 21-40+ the first annual and X-Men 9
    Vol 3 is 41-61 + the second annual
    Vol 4 is 62-80 + Ghost rider Crossroads
    Vol 5 is 81-94 + Werewolf by Night 6(where Ketch pops up as king of hell) and Spiderman 93
    Siege of Darkness is the complete crossover
    Midnight massacre is the complete crossover
    Spirits of Vengeance is the complete run

My SAVAGE SWORD of CONAN binds were delivered today and the quality is even better than I expected. Houchen is really crushing it lately. My last few binds with them have been off the charts.

At some point this week will be able to get a bunch of interior shots and pics of the Extras and post them on Hardcover Heroes, though I really didn't do much design work on the Extras for this project. It was mostly just Extra Material added in, like articles from magazines about Conan (Back Issue, Alter Ego etc). but I did do a 30-Page Pin-Up gallery of cool images that were in issues not included in the bind and I also did a 27-Page Cover Gallery of all 235 covers from every issue and a few other little things but no Title or Contents pages

SPINES

COVERS: VOLUMES 1-2-3

COVERS: VOLUMES 4-5-6
    Last edited by Thwizzit; 01-06-2021 at 01:34 AM.

This may not be the place, and if not, I apologize, but I'm looking to buy some binds of Legion of Super-Heroes, specifically the issues AFTER the Great Darkness Saga of LOSH v2, and then all of v3 (Levitz/Giffen runs). I have started to research how to do bindings, and it seems too much for me to handle, plus I'd still need to find and buy the bulk of the issues in question. But, with DC's current state of affairs, I think the odds to get this material collected in ANY form is very slight to nonexistent, which is why I'm thinking about custom binding for this material.

If anyone has any of this material already bound and wants to sell or trade for other books, etc..., please private message me. thanks!
    Last edited by Rimmer; 01-06-2021 at 07:09 AM.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thwizzit View Post
    My SAVAGE SWORD of CONAN binds were delivered today and the quality is even better than I expected. Houchen is really crushing it lately. My last few binds with them have been off the charts.

At some point this week will be able to get a bunch of interior shots and pics of the Extras and post them on Hardcover Heroes, though I really didn't do much design work on the Extras for this project. It was mostly just Extra Material added in, like articles from magazines about Conan (Back Issue, Alter Ego etc). but I did do a 30-Page Pin-Up gallery of cool images that were in issues not included in the bind and I also did a 27-Page Cover Gallery of all 235 covers from every issue and a few other little things but no Title or Contents pages

SPINES

Wow, wow and wow. That looks absolutely spectacular. Makes me want to get into binds almost.

Spectacular Member

SPINES

WOW! I am not a Conan fan, honestly, but those are beautiful. Well done.

Gorgeous books Thwizzit!

My SAVAGE SWORD of CONAN binds were delivered today and the quality is even better than I expected.
    They turned out excellent Thwizzit, look great.

All-New Member

Default Batman bind

Hello,
    I'm planning to get the same Batman / Detective run bound into hardcover. Are you still available to assist with cover art, etc.?
    Thanks in advance!
    -Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I've also started binding books for others. I do cover/table of contents design, prep work, and work with the bindery. That way folks who either don't have time or just don't have the graphic design skills, and/or don't want to worry about messing up their books trying to prep them, can just send me the books and leave it to me. My favorite designs for others so far was a Bronze age Batman set I did for a member of this board actually:

Of if folks just want some art designed, I can do that. So if that's something anyone here would be interested in, feel free to check out my site (or if you just want to see more pics!) www.comicbindingpro.com or PM me (END OF ADVERTISEMENT!)

But yeah, binding is the best. I much prefer a pretty shelf and easy to access hardcovers to longboxes and dealing with bags and boards. There is no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by brentmcd View Post
    Hello,
    I'm planning to get the same Batman / Detective run bound into hardcover. Are you still available to assist with cover art, etc.?
    Thanks in advance!
    -Brent
    Absolutely! Looks like because you’re a new board member I can’t PM you, but just email me at comicbindingpro@gmail.com.