Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1289
    All-New Member

65360FE7-3161-4BA0-BCFE-4DA626AEAACD.jpg

My Batman & Superman volumes

All-New Member

B7E2A11D-A93B-45CE-AA69-DD8133241A5B.jpg

And Death Metal, happy to share more if anyone is interested

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wow, those are all beautiful Kristian! Binding that many books is a huge undertaking; kudos to both you and Mr. Grayson.

Out of curiosity, what material is contained in your Superman volumes?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

When I see the beautiful work done here, I am tempted to try(and then realize the time commitment and get scared away).

I do love vicariously seeing what everyone is doing!

All-New Member

Thanks so much, lots,of hard work went into these, the pics on Superman were just the dust jackets. I got the books done from Spink & Thackray in the UK. For all my volumes I get them quarter bound with blue buckram underneath. I then in collaboration with Dick Grayson make the dust jackets for each and then get them printed from a printers nearby. I’ll try and post some better pictures.

All-New Member

It is true, it does take time, however for me that’s the fun of it, mapping what goes in which volume etc. I would not let that scare you off it. I think the rewards are worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kristianstone View Post
    Attachment 110782

One of my Predator volumes
    I'd hide that one quickly before the lawyers see it

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kristianstone View Post
    65360FE7-3161-4BA0-BCFE-4DA626AEAACD.jpg

My Batman & Superman volumes
    Whoa! This is amazing!

I am still salty with DC for not releasing the final volume of the pre New 52 run.

Excellent work, and I am green with envy

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I am still salty with DC for not releasing the final volume of the pre New 52 run.
    If you just have a stack of trades, I can definitely see the frustration and annoyance. If you're looking at from the perspective of a binder though, it's no big deal, because those single issues (minus the double-sided ad pages) in a bind volume will look awfully close to trade paperback of the arc. Some bind single issues, some bind trades (I tend to bind trades into new volumes when possible), but either way, with double-sided ads removed, you're gonna get trade-like experience.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Really beautiful volumes
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

All-New Member

Hello.
    After moving to Europe to be with the woman who is now my wife of nearly 18 years, my parents scanned my comic book collection for me. Recently, however, I've come to miss holding physical copies of them in my hands. I'm considering custom binding. Is it possible to create a custom bound volume from a PDF? Is there a binder who ships worldwide and accepts Paypal? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Crom1973; 08-16-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Any tips on how to get a custom dust jacket printed? I know even if you have the file you can't just take it to UPS store or Kinkos or Fedex due to copyright issues. I have the file for one (Justice League omni vol 1 (original blueish/purple one) with the std silver age silver DJ).

That's my main question - what company could I talk to to physically print it for me and ship it to me?

Other question would be how to get a new omni dust jacket - such as Cap vol 3 so that the spine is the old font/look vs. the new tiny font. thanks!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Any tips on how to get a custom dust jacket printed? I know even if you have the file you can't just take it to UPS store or Kinkos or Fedex due to copyright issues. I have the file for one (Justice League omni vol 1 (original blueish/purple one) with the std silver age silver DJ).

That's my main question - what company could I talk to to physically print it for me and ship it to me?

Other question would be how to get a new omni dust jacket - such as Cap vol 3 so that the spine is the old font/look vs. the new tiny font. thanks!
    I have no idea for sure, so I'm just guessing, but:

1. Contact one of the binderies that does custom binds with dust jackets, etc. I'm sure they'd do it for a price if they have no problem printing copyrighted material for other people's custom binds.

2. Try a local, independent print shop. Unlike one of the shipping places, I doubt they'll ask too many questions.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Hey guys! It's been a while... Life got in the way and I haven't been posting on this website in general. I want to thank you guys for keeping this forum alive and posting those great pics of your beautiful books! That being said, while I haven't actually had anything bound in a while I did get some volumes done last year and realized I didn't post them here. It's been awhile since I've posted pics so I'm going to do this very slowly lol. First up here's a couple of pics of my Detective Comics rebirth run by James Tynion including the night of the monster men Crossover with Batman and Nightwing, and the annual, done in two volumes. These were done at a local Bindery here in Ontario Canada: 20210828_195649.jpg20210828_202014.jpg
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8