Default Guardians of the Galaxy vs The Avengers

Two scenarios:

1) TEAM VS TEAM

Both teams have their standard powers, weapons and equipment. No prep-time.

Fight takes place in Manhattan. Both teams start at opposite ends of the island. No ring-outs, D-dumps or BFR.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Starlord
    Rocket Raccoon
    Gamora
    Drax
    Groot
    Mantis
    Moondragon
    Bug
    Warlock
    Phylla-Vell
    Major Victory
    Jack Flag
    Angela
    Starhawk

THE AVENGERS

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    Hulk
    Hyperion
    Captain Marvel
    Shang-Chi
    Wolverine
    Spider-Man
    Dr Strange
    Spider-Woman
    Falcon

2) ONE ON ONE BATTLES

Fights take place in Manhattan. No prep-time. They start at opposite ends of the island.

Standard powers, weapons and equipment for all.

Starlord vs Black Widow
    Rocket Raccoon vs Hawkeye
    Gamora vs Shang-Chi
    Drax vs Wolverine
    Groot vs Hulk
    Mantis vs Spider-Man
    Moondragon vs Dr Strange
    Bug vs Falcon
    Adam Warlock vs Hyperion
    Phylla-Vell vs Iron Man
    Major Victory vs Captain America
    Jack Flag vs Spider-Woman
    Angela vs Thor
    Starhawk vs Captain Marvel

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The team battle is a win for the Avengers, with Hyperion and Thor blitzing most of the Guardians at the bell with massive energy attacks. Mantis is the only one they can't blitz, but she can't fly so they can play keep-away until the AoE's come.

For the individuals...

Starlord vs Black Widow - flight plus better weapon
    Rocket Raccoon vs Hawkeye - ditto - flight plus better weapon
    Gamora vs Shang-Chi - Gamora should be strong and tough enough to take this, even if it's just by waiting until the faster Shang gets tired.
    Drax vs Wolverine - I'm blanking on current Drax's durability - can he take claw-shots ?
    Groot vs Hulk - Hulk pounds Groot to kindling
    Mantis vs Spider-Man - Mantis is much faster and capable of destroying Spidey in HtH
    Moondragon vs Dr Strange - Strange has the Bands, and the willpower to resist telepathy long enough to use them. Plus he can go astral, teleport, use magic illusions, etc.
    Bug vs Falcon - Bug usually carries guns, so he's got the edge I'd guess. Bug without guns gets sliced to ribbons, given Sam's ability to go junior-archangel with his wings these days.
    Adam Warlock vs Hyperion - Hyperion blitzes and hits with planet-holding force.
    Phylla-Vell vs Iron Man - Phylla-Vell with Quantum Bands ought to smear unprepped Tony. Tony ought to take an un-banded Phylla.
    Major Victory vs Captain America - TK blasts for the win
    Jack Flag vs Spider-Woman - He turns into her lapdog, if she so wants it, and that's before her superhuman strength & reflexes, venom blasts, etc.
    Angela vs Thor - Thor in a stomp - too fast, too strong, too durable, too versatile. Granted, this seems likely to change soon, as it seems Marvel's going to turn Angela into an Asgardian, and sister of Thor. I wish I were kidding.
    Starhawk vs Captain Marvel - Given the usual performance of people called Starhawk, Carol should take this. Given the performance of the guy who started the War of Kings, that guy should take it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The team battle is a win for the Avengers, with Hyperion and Thor blitzing most of the Guardians at the bell with massive energy attacks. Mantis is the only one they can't blitz, but she can't fly so they can play keep-away until the AoE's come.

For the individuals...

Starlord vs Black Widow - flight plus better weapon
    Rocket Raccoon vs Hawkeye - ditto - flight plus better weapon
    Gamora vs Shang-Chi - Gamora should be strong and tough enough to take this, even if it's just by waiting until the faster Shang gets tired.
    Drax vs Wolverine - I'm blanking on current Drax's durability - can he take claw-shots ?
    Groot vs Hulk - Hulk pounds Groot to kindling
    Mantis vs Spider-Man - Mantis is much faster and capable of destroying Spidey in HtH
    Moondragon vs Dr Strange - Strange has the Bands, and the willpower to resist telepathy long enough to use them. Plus he can go astral, teleport, use magic illusions, etc.
    Bug vs Falcon - Bug usually carries guns, so he's got the edge I'd guess. Bug without guns gets sliced to ribbons, given Sam's ability to go junior-archangel with his wings these days.
    Adam Warlock vs Hyperion - Hyperion blitzes and hits with planet-holding force.
    Phylla-Vell vs Iron Man - Phylla-Vell with Quantum Bands ought to smear unprepped Tony. Tony ought to take an un-banded Phylla.
    Major Victory vs Captain America - TK blasts for the win
    Jack Flag vs Spider-Woman - He turns into her lapdog, if she so wants it, and that's before her superhuman strength & reflexes, venom blasts, etc.
    Angela vs Thor - Thor in a stomp - too fast, too strong, too durable, too versatile. Granted, this seems likely to change soon, as it seems Marvel's going to turn Angela into an Asgardian, and sister of Thor. I wish I were kidding.
    Starhawk vs Captain Marvel - Given the usual performance of people called Starhawk, Carol should take this. Given the performance of the guy who started the War of Kings, that guy should take it.
    So as a team Avengers is better right?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Power View Post
    So as a team Avengers is better right?
    Better for what - pure butt-kicking? Sure - they've got a superspeed planet-buster with energy attacks (Hyperion) and a fast-enough guy who's not all that much weaker, is just as durable, and who adds 99 other powers (Thor).