Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What do you think of beasts role in IvsX

Beast spent the war caged and pretty much missed the whole event but he set the event in motion. What do you think of his role in IvsX? Was he right or completely wrong or partially right for taking such a stance? Did he really help at all in any way or was he just in the story as a plot device to precipitate the conflict? Do you feel its unjust use of the character or do you see him turning dark beast in the next arc to give Emma company?

Partially right also partially wrong. If this turns him evil that would be unjust use of his character.

someone need ScapeGoat
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revoirver2 View Post
    someone need ScapeGoat
    I think one could argue as most X-men fans do that Emma frost was the real scapegoat of the story.

I understand his choice but that killed the character for some fans.

The fact is that even before IvX Beast was being portrayed as a hypocrite and asking the X-men to abandon their home to not start a war with the Inhumans or the fact that he threatened to warn the Inhumans did not do very well for the character.

IvX tried to improve his image at the end with Storm apologizing after Emma became the scapegoat but think many readers preferred that Beast continues with the Inhumans and considers him a traitor. On the other hand we do not know his fate after IvX since he is in no team.

In the end compared to Emma the character ended without further damage.

I guess meh. He really was only involved for the #0 issue to discover the issue and then informing the X-men of the problem in the first issue. Beyond that he remained in a jail cell the whole time until the final issue where he's probably leaving both the Inhumans and X-men, if I had to guess I'd say he's probably going one of the various Avengers groups.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

He didn't say to Medusa that the mist will kill the mutants, but he refused to help the X-men to destroy them. He was not evil in this event, but he was wrong, like always. Beast was one of my favorite character, but I don't understand him anymore.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    He didn't say to Medusa that the mist will kill the mutants, but he refused to help the X-men to destroy them. He was not evil in this event, but he was wrong, like always. Beast was one of my favorite character, but I don't understand him anymore.
    It was on purpose so the readers would be trapped to Beast of the O5 as well as the rest of the young time-travelers mutants.

Beast needed to be in there to be the voice against going to war with the Inhumans. SOMEONE had to at least say it even if it would obviously be ignored, and Beast is as good a person as any since he had a working relationship with the Inhumans.

It had to be either him or Rogue (since she's leader of the Unity Squad which ideally is suppose to bridge such conflicts).

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    He SHOULD have told Medusa about the mist killing all mutants in 2 weeks. He like all the rest of the mutants allowed their fear to get the better of them. Not that I entirely fault them for not telling Medusa... but in hindsight at least it's very obvious that would have been the right and best thing to do. But hindsight is always 20/20 I suppose.

Fantastic Member

realistically, once he realized the deal with the mists, he should have conference called the x-men and medusa all at one and told them, which would have made this event 1 issue.

However, I do enjoy that he felt enough loyalty to tell the x-men first.

Mighty Member

Beast is garbage, so the real question is, is it actually possible that they could have made him MORE garbage than they already have? Yes. Yes it is. Is that really an issue? Imo, throw all the garbage on Beast. Make Beast the garbage collector that protects other mutants from garbage plot points. Since there's two of them it's fine to sacrifice this man to the trash gods.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    realistically, once he realized the deal with the mists, he should have conference called the x-men and medusa all at one and told them, which would have made this event 1 issue.

However, I do enjoy that he felt enough loyalty to tell the x-men first.
    It was probably fear as much as loyalty that motivated Beast to tell the X-Men first but yeah... in hindsight NOT telling everyone was a mistake. I think the X-men by this point were so paranoid and scared (and who can blame them), that they ended up making a mistake.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Beast is always burdened with finding the cure to extinction plots because he is the brains. I think he does get thrown under the bus alot and has become a Pinata for X-fans to vent frustration with (some of it warranted) I have a degree of Sympathy for Beast because ever since Grant Morrison run i have suspected that he is one of those X-characters that writers take serious liberties with. Beast is a tragic character to me that is doomed to failure and hatred. I remember Beast trying to find a cure to M-day it was a sad journey.

The main issue i have with Beast now is that when asked to help destroy the cloud he refused. With the stakes that were on the line, i consider that a very treacherous betrayal of every mutant on Earth, just so he could have one last moment of self righteousness. As the watcher said Hank Mccoy you disgust me right now.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 03-10-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    the fact that he threatened to warn the Inhumans did not do very well for the character.
    He did not threaten anyone with anything. He was going to tell the Inhumans next anyway.