Spectacular Member

Default Magical selection...

You are born as one of these magical folks, but you're not a chosen or super. You're just one of the regular folks and would live in the respective universe. Which would you choose?

1. A White Court vampire from the Dresden-verse.

2. A muggle-born wizard in the Potter-verse.

3. A witch from the Charmed-verse, with Phoebe's power of premonition but no levitation or empathy.

4. A mage from the Malazan world. Access to one non-elder Warren of your choice.

5. A third-age elf of Middle-Earth.

6. A Styric magican from Eddings' Elenium/Tamuli.

Mighty Member

Potterverse wizard. There is not much in the way of pervasive evil in the world, so you can generally just learn your magic and then return to the muggle world with immense power and little danger. You can't go overboard for fear of Azkaban, but other than that things are pretty sweet for you. It helps when your source material is not about global wars or a monster of the week tv show.

BANNED

Potterverse as well. By far the safest option.

Yeah, none of these thrill me, but Potterverse seems the least lethal of the lot.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    You are born as one of these magical folks, but you're not a chosen or super. You're just one of the regular folks and would live in the respective universe. Which would you choose?

1. A White Court vampire from the Dresden-verse.

2. A muggle-born wizard in the Potter-verse.

3. A witch from the Charmed-verse, with Phoebe's power of premonition but no levitation or empathy.

4. A mage from the Malazan world. Access to one non-elder Warren of your choice.

5. A third-age elf of Middle-Earth.

6. A Styric magican from Eddings' Elenium/Tamuli.
    I gag at the thought of choosing Potter-verse....

...though being a 3rd Age Elf in Middle Earth isn't a bad thing. One can always just up and leave and live for the rest of the universe's natural life in Valinor.

Wouldn't be fun without my wife, mind.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

just wait until "new world" hits the shelves. you'll have a better option then.

Spectacular Member

If we remove the Potter-verse option, what would the runner-up be?

Third-Age Elf, really. There's nothing preventing you from leaving Middle Earth and voyaging to Valinor, then living until the end of the universe in paradise.

I mean, if you wanted to stick around and help against Sauron, then it won't be quite so easy. But with that, the worst that happens in that case is that you die horribly, your spirit goes to the Halls of Mandos, it sits there for a while coming to terms with the death business, you get rehoused in a body....and live until the end of the universe in paradise.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-22-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I gag at the thought of choosing Potter-verse....
    what's so bad in your opinion about the magic there?

It's a general dislike of the Potter-verse.

...specific to your question, I don't much like the magic and mages. The magic is powerful and all - no question - but I find it both irritatingly 'special' and pedestrian, and without consequence.

Loads of people love it, so mileage may vary. :) I shouldn't have written the comment that way.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-22-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    Why are we here?