Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm just interested in how drunk Gambit was that he couldn't dodge a Loganarang, seeing how he's got a pretty decent history of bullet-time feats.

Note: I'm not discounting the possibility that Gambit was, in fact, really drunk in that scene.
    hence why the request context.

although, i'd accept the "remy being drunk" explanation.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    the prophecy has been fulfilled.

And in Contest of Champions, Panther attempting to take Logan from stealth got him onto his ass and barely fending Logan off for his troubles, otherwise needing distraction from the Thing to get loose from his own notes. I'm dubious on showings where the guy just dominates by contrast.
    In all fairness, as has been noted, the Contest of Champions scene had BP holding back against Logan, though that really shouldn't knock the part of the feat where Logan was physically overpowering T'Challa.

Also in all fairness, the more recent feat only involves surprising Logan with his speed and tossing his stocky ass hard enough to not particularly harm the people with normal human durability that he impacted, which is a decent comparative speed feat, but not even remotely a game winner in a battle involving peak humans who don't even have unbreakable bones or healing factors. Did the fight continue from then, and was Logan being depicted as a skilled fighter this week or was he in one of his "Rawr-Rawr, Slashy-Slashy" days?

In either case, both of them probably have feats putting them more or less on par with each other in strength and speed, and roughly on par with most of the other peak humans out there.

Let's be honest though: this fight will end up in an armbar-off, with each competitor showing off their best armbar on themselves while Squirrel Girl and Silver Surfer provide color commentary in the style of nature documentarians studying the respective mating displays of the animal-themed costumed hero.

In all fairness, as has been noted, the Contest of Champions scene had BP holding back against Logan
    I'm similarly dubious on Panther holding back post "why do you use your claws!" as Wolverine, is, you know, straight up slashing at him, considering he himself notes that.. Wolverine is straight up slashing at him.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm similarly dubious on Panther holding back post "why do you use your claws!" as Wolverine, is, you know, straight up slashing at him, considering he himself notes that.. Wolverine is straight up slashing at him.
    His own thoughts indicate that he was still befuddled at the concept that Wolverine was actually trying to kill him. OTOH, his thoughts also indicate that Logan was at least a match for him in speed (by inference of the fact that Logan reacted and turned the tables on him when T'challa tried to blitz him from stealth) and was overpowering him when it came down to the grapple and he ended up getting out of that position by landing a sucker-kick while Logan was distracted by talking to Thing who was casually trying to talk him down.

EDIT: Of course, that does bring up the question as to whether Logan was actually seriously trying to murder a fellow hero, or if he was just being a bit intense as is his wont, like how he recently dragged a bunch of rookie X-students into the Savage Land and played up how it was so super dangerous that they would all die if they didn't work together and set off a carnivore rampage and ninja vanished so they would have to deal with it all by themselves, but the flashbacks show him telling Beast how any one of those kids could easily solo a trip to the Savage Land so it wasn't like they were in any real danger during this team building exercise. Did it ever go into any detail about why Wolvie was a stabbity towards T'Challa? Maybe he was friends with Captain Mar-Vell or something?
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-19-2015 at 10:09 PM.

EDIT: Of course, that does bring up the question as to whether Logan was actually seriously trying to murder a fellow hero, or if he was just being a bit intense as is his wont
    How best to put this. Wolverine had barely been around by that point (7 years as an active character, if that), and he was still quite often a pretty thoroughly unlikeable bloodthirsty dick.

His own thoughts indicate that he was still befuddled at the concept that Wolverine was actually trying to kill him.
    It's a leap from that to "therefore I will not try to avoid getting clawmurdered as hard as I could" is what I'm saying as far as the holding back argument, particularly when yes, he's otherwise marvelling that Wolverine's ending up being as fast as him at the like.

BANNED

Wolverine wins both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Wolverine wins both.
    Don't know much about Panther do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Why do you think Panther wins ? Especially the second round

Logan's HF should see him outlast Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I do. Care to discuss his defeat at the hands of Erik Killmonger?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I do. Care to discuss his defeat at the hands of Erik Killmonger?
    One low showing does not a character make.

What happened in the Killmonger fight?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    What happened in the Killmonger fight?
    A big man (probably CBPH) wearing a spiked belt gave Black Panther a whupping and then threw him off a cliff. The next time they fought, same thing, except that an enraged boy ran up and pushed Killmonger off the cliff, saving Black Panther. That was from the excellent Panther's Rage storyline by Don McGregor. During the Priest run, Killmonger was mentioned more than once as the opponent that T'Challa could never beat, and Killmonger did beat BP again during a ritual combat.

Wow, big deal.
    Every hero has some opponent he could never beat in a straight fight (Morlun for Spider-Man pops up my head, or Reverse Flash for Flash), I don't see how that is a 'low showing' or 'lowballing' for Black Panther.
    What, is he supposed to be absolutely invincible?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Wow, big deal.
    Every hero has some opponent he could never beat in a straight fight (Morlun for Spider-Man pops up my head, or Reverse Flash for Flash), I don't see how that is a 'low showing' or 'lowballing' for Black Panther.
    What, is he supposed to be absolutely invincible?
    I don't think the Killmonger fights are necessarily a low showing for Black Panther. They just establish that BP is a highly-skilled CBPH, not superhuman. Well, maybe his senses are heightened enough to be in the low-end superhuman range, thanks to the heart-shaped herb that he taken. BP is also a brilliant scientist and competent tactician/strategist, but his recent gear is lacking consistent portrayal and therefore falls short of the Rumbles default for standard equipment.