Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091
Results 1,351 to 1,359 of 1359
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    True...and if it was up to us marriage fans we would have undone OMD a long time ago for sure.RYV's is Marvel's attempt to shut the pro-marriage fans up who want to see a resolution to OMD in current 616 continuity IMHO. Although I read and buy RYV's and think its great their are many other fans of the marriage who don't because to them it doesn't count as being real in comparison to the 616...and they don't buy it.I want to see a resolution to OMD and Peter and MJ back together again in the main 616 [personally, and no matter how good RYV's is it will never be good enough for me to tell you the truth.It will never stop me from wanting a resolution to OMD in the 616 with Peter and MJ back together again in some form or manner. RYV's is simply a device which is being used by Marvel to not just compromise with but to also stall them from having to deal with OMD in the 616. It is a band aid that will not fix issues the pro-marriage and pro-MJ fans have...and sooner or later Marvel will have to acknowledge that whether they want to or not. And it will get harder from them to ignore as long as DC shows that these types of storylines can be done in a popular and profitable way.IMHO...I don't think we have that long to wait for some type of resolution to OMD and Peter and MJs relationship status.
    Regardless of if RYV is meant to shut up pro marriage fans and pander to that audience, the creative team they put behind that book has made it into one of Marvel's gems and even if its not canon, RYV is the best Spider Man book out there with the best depiction of Peter Parker. It is EXCELLENT! I understand the feeling that RYV is a remedy and not a solution but that doesn't take away from just how good RYV is on its own and it being an AU means it won't be creatively constrained or interrupted by main universe stuff.

Yes, I also believe RYV is more of a remedy (a damn good one) than a solution. For me, RYV is how I would solve the OMD spider marriage problem by weaving it into continuity. RYV IS everything I want for Spider Man as it contains the Spider Marriage, no devil deal, a cute little Spider Daughter, excellent characterizations for Pete, MJ and Annie and just his natural progression. All I really need to do is make it canon. RYV is what we would've gotten if OMD had never happened. Its Peter's ideal status quo without having been interrupted by an OOC deal with the devil, and his undisturbed natural progression.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Regardless of if RYV is meant to shut up pro marriage fans and pander to that audience, the creative team they put behind that book has made it into one of Marvel's gems and even if its not canon, RYV is the best Spider Man book out there with the best depiction of Peter Parker. It is EXCELLENT! I understand the feeling that RYV is a remedy and not a solution but that doesn't take away from just how good RYV is on its own and it being an AU means it won't be creatively constrained or interrupted by main universe stuff.

Yes, I also believe RYV is more of a remedy (a damn good one) than a solution. For me, RYV is how I would solve the OMD spider marriage problem by weaving it into continuity. RYV IS everything I want for Spider Man as it contains the Spider Marriage, no devil deal, a cute little Spider Daughter, excellent characterizations for Pete, MJ and Annie and just his natural progression. All I really need to do is make it canon. RYV is what we would've gotten if OMD had never happened. Its Peter's ideal status quo without having been interrupted by an OOC deal with the devil, and his undisturbed natural progression.
    Maybe with the events resulting from Secret Empire they will use Kubik to "fix" Marvel's continuity....thus in the process undoing OMD and restoring Peter and MJ's marriage? Just some wild speculation...I'm pretty sure this won't happen but it is fun to speculate though.

Incredible Member

Maybe with the events resulting from Secret Empire they will use Kubik to "fix" Marvel's continuity....thus in the process undoing OMD and restoring Peter and MJ's marriage? Just some wild speculation...I'm pretty sure this won't happen but it is fun to speculate though.
    Such a change in Spider Man's status quo will not happen outside the pages of ASM. Secret Wars could've retconned OMD as well seeing as how RYV first appeared there but it changed nothing. All Secret Wars did was bring Miles and Old Man Logan into continuity and get rid of the F4.

BANNED

Such a change in Spider Man's status quo will not happen outside the pages of ASM. Secret Wars could've retconned OMD as well seeing as how RYV first appeared there but it changed nothing. All Secret Wars did was bring Miles and Old Man Logan into continuity and get rid of the F4.
    No doubt...this Secret Empire stuff and its resolution makes me wonder how this will effect Peter Parker and his world by the time we get through the Secret Empire Tie-Ins and Legacy. Any thoughts Unknown? IMO I think this will somehow possibly lead in to some resolution to OMD...along with Mephisto's recent schemes he has for Peter that are playing out currently in Deadpool/Spiderman.
    Last edited by Timmyb52; 06-07-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Incredible Member

No doubt...this Secret Empire stuff and its resolution makes me wonder how this will effect Peter Parker and his world by the time we get through the Secret Empire Tie-Ins and Legacy. Any thoughts Unknown? IMO I think this will somehow possibly lead in to some resolution to OMD...along with Mephisto's recent schemes he has for Peter that are playing out currently in Deadpool/Spiderman.
    All I think is that Secret Empire will factor into Parker Industries demise. I don't think anything OMD related will be tackled. Spider Man/Deadpool's story is a self contained one that Slott doesn't have to address. He has his own stories to tell.

BANNED

I am hoping Mephisto will continue to play a major role in Spider-Man/Deadpool even if he's switched gears and targeting Wade for the assist in giving Peter some form of ''win'' against him [the fact this ''win'' fell on the anniversary week of the marriage should not evade anyone's glance], sadly I think plans are sort of tied up for most of the summer as it pertains to Spidey.

Something MIGHT change with Legacy and we still have four months of solicitations to go, I'm also hoping for some news by Friday or the weekend, but right now the biggest developments with Peter and MJ seem to be tied more with the RYV versions and whatever MJ's role is in the mainline event Venomverse
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-08-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Em, what????????
    In one of the Spiderman/Deadpool comics Deadpool talks him into going on a date. The date is named Jenny. Jenny happens to be a super strong demon and the cousin of Shiklah. But it's really a setup so that Deadpool can trick Thor into fighting Jenny. There's only 2 or 3 pages that resemble romance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    In one of the Spiderman/Deadpool comics Deadpool talks him into going on a date. The date is named Jenny. Jenny happens to be a super strong demon and the cousin of Shiklah. But it's really a setup so that Deadpool can trick Thor into fighting Jenny. There's only 2 or 3 pages that resemble romance.
    OH I remember. Then Thor and Shiklah or Jenny sat down to watch Peter and Deadpool entertain them or something?

OH I remember. Then Thor and Shiklah or Jenny sat down to watch Peter and Deadpool entertain them or something?
    Yeah, pretty much. IIRC you don't actually see Shiklah in that one, but she gets talked about.

Interestingly, you see Jenny in a lot of other issues, but only as a background character.