Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Thread Drift: Will One More Day ever be reversed?

Funny how Slott claims no reversal of omd. Seems like he was protesting too much. Slott seems to deny one thing, then the opposite happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think Marvel will allowing OMD to be undone; they've invented way too much in convincing us it was a good idea to give up now. Besides the main architects of OMD are still in power.
    I believe they will reverse it someday, though. It'll be a "bigly"-hyped story that reunites Peter and MJ finally, or at least addresses the 1000-pound gorilla in the room of OMD.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I believe they will reverse it someday, though.
    Believe all you want.
    It AIN'T happening.
    I've told people this for 9 years.
    Me pitching RYV and getting permission from the Powers That Be to do it-- and it selling well enough to merit an ongoing-- is as good as you're going to get (so please keep the sales for Gerry & Ryan's book up, up, UP!).
    Every single editorial team since the marriage worked hard to undo it.
    You will not see the marriage restored in the core continuity ever.
    It's far more likely that you'd see a line-wide reboot that reset Spider-Man to high school years (and on model with the creators' original intent) then the marriage being restored. And THAT is never going to happen either.
    Again, believe all you want. Put MJ and her wedding dress or showing off her wedding ring in EVERY message board avatar in the world. Still never happening. Ever. Ever. Ever.
    I'm sure I'll be here next year telling you the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Believe all you want.
    It AIN'T happening.
    Me pitching RYV and getting permission from the Powers That Be to do it-- and it selling well enough to merit an ongoing-- is as good as you're going to get (so please keep the sales for Gerry & Ryan's book up, up, UP!).
    It's far more likely that you'd see a line-wide reboot that reset Spider-Man to high school years (and on model with the creators' original intent) then the marriage being restored. And THAT is never going to happen either.
    Again, believe all you want. Put MJ and her wedding dress or showing off her wedding ring in EVERY message board avatar in the world. Still never happening. Ever. Ever. Ever.
    Ok,

Except the current writers / editorial don't own the character, Marvel does. If Marvel eventually wants them reunited, it will happen.

And yeah, Conway and Stegman are killing it on RYV, that book is a blast!

Incredible Member

Ok,

Except the current writers / editorial don't own the character, Marvel does. If Marvel eventually wants them reunited, it will happen.
    Not happening. Over a quarter of a century has been spent by Marvel to undo it. The change from 2007 is the one where they put their collective foot down. It ain't happening. Sorry. Ever. It's not a question of "current writers" or "current editorial". Marvel wants it to stay undone. Could the CHARACTERS come back together in the core continuity in a relationship that's not a marriage? Sure. But the marriage is NEVER being officially restored.

And yeah, Conway and Stegman are killing it on RYV, that book is a blast!
    Agreed!

BANNED

Im the only one who finds ryv overrated? Its not best spidey story because its not about Peter Parker alone and mj and mj jr look lame in spider costumes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Dear Dan Slott,

I enjoy your comics a great deal - Spidey, She-Hulk, GLA - all really pleasing reads.

Keep up the good work!

-Pav, who appreciates friendly communication...
    Thank you.

BANNED

Not happening. Over a quarter of a century has been spent by Marvel to undo it. The change from 2007 is the one where they put their collective foot down. It ain't happening. Sorry. Ever. It's not a question of "current writers" or "current editorial". Marvel wants it to stay undone. Could the CHARACTERS come back together in the core continuity in a relationship that's not a marriage? Sure. But the marriage is NEVER being officially restored.
    Respectively, Dan, never say never.

I think we've gone over your track record for fibbing already in this very thread, and I very much believe that YOU believe to your core that Marvel would never OMD.

But times change, and Marvel staff come and go. There may very well be people in charge someday who DO want to see things reinstated and OMD undone.

There was a time when I bet there was an embargo on Ben Reilly as well, and lo and behold, he's back now as another "bad guy who thinks he's doing right" a'la Regent.

If it's a story Marvel thinks could be a good one, and effective for the time it is deployed, they will deploy it .

Believe all you want.
    I'm sure that the creators original intent was for the character to grow and evolve since Peter was only in high school for the first 28 issues.

I'm sure that the creators original intent was for the character to grow and evolve since Peter was only in high school for the first 28 issues.
    I'm sure the creators intent was more along the lines of "Let's tell some stories for a couple of years before superheroes lose popularity and he's forgotten."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm sure the creators intent was more along the lines of "Let's tell some stories for a couple of years before superheroes lose popularity and he's forgotten."
    Yeah, no one at Marvel at the time would've imagined comics would last so long. They would've stretched out Peter's time in HS school a little longer otherwise. They definitely didn't rush to get him out of college!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Stan is on record as saying if he knew how long the series was going to run, he would've left Peter in high school a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, no one at Marvel at the time would've imagined comics would last so long. They would've stretched out Peter's time in HS school a little longer otherwise. They definitely didn't rush to get him out of college!
    Stan is on record as saying if he knew how long the series was going to run, he would've left Peter in high school a lot longer.
    And thank goodness they didn't .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    actually, Stan Lee said multiple times that if he knew Spidey would have lasted this long it would have never moved him to college.

Believe all you want.
    It AIN'T happening.
    With all due respect, you don't know. Sure, you're in the bullpen now but you can't predict what will happen in 10 or more years. The current administration will leave their posts someday and an editor in chief may want Peter and Mary Jane back together. It also just feels wrong for the writer of the book to shoot down fan theories and thoughts like this on a board in such a matter of fact way about the future.
    The book is not better without Mary Jane. She was an integral part of the book for 20 years of the marriage, and a well loved supporting cast member before that. Now we're lucky to get her in once or twice a volume.
    I think many fans would be happy to just have the deal with Mephisto be undone. It doesn't feel right for a character to make a deal with the devil and it still be in place. There have been hints in Spidey/ Deadpool about Mephisto and the marriage, and I hope they fix this flaw.

Dan, you've said before that the marriage feels like a "been there, done that story." But you just came off a third Clone Saga. What's the difference?

BD
    www.spidermancrawlspace.com
    Last edited by Spider-Man Crawl Space; 03-11-2017 at 11:28 PM.