Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
True...and if it was up to us marriage fans we would have undone OMD a long time ago for sure.RYV's is Marvel's attempt to shut the pro-marriage fans up who want to see a resolution to OMD in current 616 continuity IMHO. Although I read and buy RYV's and think its great their are many other fans of the marriage who don't because to them it doesn't count as being real in comparison to the 616...and they don't buy it.I want to see a resolution to OMD and Peter and MJ back together again in the main 616 [personally, and no matter how good RYV's is it will never be good enough for me to tell you the truth.It will never stop me from wanting a resolution to OMD in the 616 with Peter and MJ back together again in some form or manner. RYV's is simply a device which is being used by Marvel to not just compromise with but to also stall them from having to deal with OMD in the 616. It is a band aid that will not fix issues the pro-marriage and pro-MJ fans have...and sooner or later Marvel will have to acknowledge that whether they want to or not. And it will get harder from them to ignore as long as DC shows that these types of storylines can be done in a popular and profitable way.IMHO...I don't think we have that long to wait for some type of resolution to OMD and Peter and MJs relationship status.
Regardless of if RYV is meant to shut up pro marriage fans and pander to that audience, the creative team they put behind that book has made it into one of Marvel's gems and even if its not canon, RYV is the best Spider Man book out there with the best depiction of Peter Parker. It is EXCELLENT! I understand the feeling that RYV is a remedy and not a solution but that doesn't take away from just how good RYV is on its own and it being an AU means it won't be creatively constrained or interrupted by main universe stuff.

Yes, I also believe RYV is more of a remedy (a damn good one) than a solution. For me, RYV is how I would solve the OMD spider marriage problem by weaving it into continuity. RYV IS everything I want for Spider Man as it contains the Spider Marriage, no devil deal, a cute little Spider Daughter, excellent characterizations for Pete, MJ and Annie and just his natural progression. All I really need to do is make it canon. RYV is what we would've gotten if OMD had never happened. Its Peter's ideal status quo without having been interrupted by an OOC deal with the devil, and his undisturbed natural progression.