Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    BANNED

http://www.newsarama.com/34194-c2e2-...big-thing.html

No comment on whether Peter Parker and Mary Jane are getting back together.
    Costa compared the reunion of Eddie Brock and Venom to Mary Jane and Peter Parker - but they're not getting back together, are they? No one on the panel addressed the comparison. That was the second mention of Peter and MJ in the panel.
    Here's the first mention:

Chip joked that he writes Mary Jane Watson "like my ex-wife...which I'm sure my current wife appreciates!"
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-22-2017 at 04:01 PM.

BANNED

This comment made by Zdarsky is very revealing IMHO;

"He compared the reunion of Eddie Brock and Venom to Mary Jane and Peter Parker - but they're not getting back together, are they? No one on the panel addressed the comparison. That was the second mention of Peter and MJ in the panel."

Why is he making it a point to bring up the marriage/OMD at this time...and leaving it as if it might very well be addressed? Again...we have a new writer, on a new Spider title telegraphing their intent.It should be quite obvious by now that these referances to the marriage/OMD are not "jokes".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As it's been pointed out several times in this thread, Spider-Man/Deadpool has not been the only book with callbacks to OMD lately. Daredevil and Silver Surfer had them too.

Why people ignore this is truly mind-boggling. Almost as if it's willful negligence of the facts because they want to tune out any remote possibility of the territory being covered again.

"Don't mention the war" in comic book form.

The outcome of a mainline OMD resolution may not result in the marriage returning (from the words of people with a reputation for misdirection), but I don't think spotting a concerted promotional effort to remind people of it is a case of "straw grasping".
    What is obvious is their Anti-Marriage/Anti-MJ bias...which they desperately wish to protect at all costs from ever being addressed in any shape,manner or form.They want the book to stay the way it is with a single and Playboy Parker, they want the book only the way they want it and refuse to seek any compromise, it isn't about what is exactly good for the brand and the fanbase as a whole.What other conclusion can one come to when it seems they are happy with a status quo that allows Mephisto to have the victory over our hero forever as long as it allows them to keep the status quo they want intact? IMHO....this is just self-serving and why they willingly refuse to acknowledge the writing on the wall that Marvel is clearly foreshadowing and telegraphing to the fans.I admit I am a fan of the marriage...however,I would be happy with just Peter and MJ in a simple relationship again that doesn't require the marriage as long as Mephisto's hold over MJ and our hero is resolved once and for all so that the divisions in the majority of the fanbase can be healed.

Incredible Member

I am writing the core Spider-Man title: ASM.

I will still be writing the core Spider-Man title after Secret Empire and into the Legacy era.

OMD is not getting reversed.

The marriage is not getting reinstated.

Peter and MJ can get back together as a couple. That is a possibility that is not off the table. But if they did (and that's a big "if"), they would not be back together as man and wife.

There. I don't think I can be any clearer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    ....Peter and MJ can get back together as a couple. That is a possibility that is not off the table. But if they did (and that's a big "if"), they would not be back together as man and wife.

Good, now hopefully this useless debate can end for awhile.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    What is obvious is their Anti-Marriage/Anti-MJ bias...which they desperately wish to protect at all costs from ever being addressed in any shape,manner or form.They want the book to stay the way it is with a single and Playboy Parker, they want the book only the way they want it and refuse to seek any compromise, it isn't about what is exactly good for the brand and the fanbase as a whole.What other conclusion can one come to when it seems they are happy with a status quo that allows Mephisto to have the victory over our hero forever as long as it allows them to keep the status quo they want intact? IMHO....this is just self-serving and why they willingly refuse to acknowledge the writing on the wall that Marvel is clearly foreshadowing and telegraphing to the fans.I admit I am a fan of the marriage...however,I would be happy with just Peter and MJ in a simple relationship again that doesn't require the marriage as long as Mephisto's hold over MJ and our hero is resolved once and for all so that the divisions in the majority of the fanbase can be healed.
    Or, y'know, maybe some of us don't take these things as seriously as you do. What you call "writing on the wall" seems to be you going all-in on a gamble you have a lot personally invested in. If you want to see "bias" look in the mirror.

For the record; I'm not anti-anything in Spider-Man. I don't care if Peter is friends, in a relationship, or married with MJ (or not). OMD was "meh" to me, but I don't think it's the crime against Spider-Mandom that some other people do. So when I comment about how I think some of you are reading too much into these supposed "clues," it's just skepticism for what I view as wishful thinking. I don't really give a crap either way, I enjoy reading Spider-Man regardless of his relationship status and if it is or isn't with MJ. I've read a lot of issues of Spider-Man over the years, some with and some without her in the picture, and I've enjoyed the majority of them. And will continue to do so regardless of what role MJ plays in Spider-books in the future.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I will still be writing the core Spider-Man title after Secret Empire and into the Legacy era.

Peter and MJ can get back together as a couple. That is a possibility that is not off the table. But if they did (and that's a big "if"), they would not be back together as man and wife.

I appreciate that you are coming on here and being so blatantly honest about this. It's actually painful for me to see how many conspiracies about OMD getting reversed there are knowing that there absolutely no plans to reverese it. I can imagine from the inside it gets frustrating knowing what you know and see people spend so much time and effort arguing and hoping for it to be undone.

A few years ago I had wondered in the back of my mind if Marvel were playing a game with fans with OMD and would suddenly reverse it as some big conspiracy saying "Ha, we were always planning this" but I've seen enough to know this is absolutely not the case and a complete fantasy. I think people need to move on because it's just not a realistic expectation to have and I think you've made that quite clear which I'm thankful for.

I'm very happy that we have a great title for the marriage fans today with Renew Your Vows and hope it lasts a good while and satisfies readers in that section of the fanbase. And I do hope that one day we see Peter and MJ reunite in the main title. But it's good to know that I should not put any hopes in seeing a marriage come out of it in the core book. The best to hope for there would be a very strongly written and fulfilling committed relationship for Peter with the woman he loves. Thanks for being open and honest on this subject.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Whatever you say man. Btw you never did answer my question really: Is it efter Secret Empire/ during Legacy you expect it to come back, and if it does not will you stop saying the writing is on the wall?

BANNED

What got me curious about Dan's response was he's now saying there's only a slim chance of Peter and MJ reuniting as a couple in the main books...a while back he was hypothesizing that somebody who took over the book could reunite the two and resolve OMD without bringing back the marriage...now there may never be a chance for them to reunite in any way at all? If I'm misinterpreting him, sorry in advance, I just wonder what's changed lately....unless of course it doesn't fit with the stories he's aiming to continue or to begin in the Legacy era.

Maybe it's all down to how Chip writes the relationship over in Spectacular, I know Chip has his own love interest to develop, so maybe he wants to give Rebecca London's story a long-term crack at the whip

Since this is pretty news-worthy, I've made Dan's confirmation of his ASM future it's own thread so people can discuss it further without getting mixed up in Peter/MJ politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Good, now hopefully this useless debate can end for awhile.
    "Peter Parker is never coming back"-Superior Spider-Man.
    "Who would want to write about Spider-Dad?"-Married Peter Parker with Child
    "I can't work with Goo"-Ben Reily

Gee, I wonder who said all of this?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-23-2017 at 06:47 AM.

@Miles To Go

C'mon now are you saying a comic book writer would mislead the readership about upcoming storylines/events, shame on you.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

COME ON, Can we at least get a mini-series that ties into your Amazing and undo OMD in that series ?

BANNED

An ABC article on Legacy, with Axel Alonzo interviewed

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=46936769

"With 'Legacy,' we want to tell stories that are accessible to all, but remind readers of Marvel’s rich history,” he said. “To drive that point home, a number of our titles will return to their original series numbering, and our stories will invoke that history, reminding readers of connections between characters they may have forgotten about, and ushering in the return of some big characters who’ve been missed. Above all else, we want to inject our comics with a massive dose of fun."
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-23-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    What got me curious about Dan's response was he's now saying there's only a slim chance of Peter and MJ reuniting as a couple in the main books...a while back he was hypothesizing that somebody who took over the book could reunite the two and resolve OMD without bringing back the marriage...now there may never be a chance for them to reunite in any way at all? If I'm misinterpreting him, sorry in advance, I just wonder what's changed lately....unless of course it doesn't fit with the stories he's aiming to continue or to begin in the Legacy era.

Maybe it's all down to how Chip writes the relationship over in Spectacular, I know Chip has his own love interest to develop, so maybe he wants to give Rebecca London's story a long-term crack at the whip

Since this is pretty news-worthy, I've made Dan's confirmation of his ASM future it's own thread so people can discuss it further without getting mixed up in Peter/MJ politics.

"Peter Parker is never coming back"-Superior Spider-Man.
    "Who would want to write about Spider-Dad?"-Married Peter Parker with Child
    "I can't work with Goo"-Ben Reily

Gee, I wonder who said all of this?
    I don't think anything's changed.

"A reunion is possible at some point in the future without them married" and "A reunion is unlikely right now" are not mutually exclusive ideas.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think anything's changed.

"A reunion is possible at some point in the future without them married" and "A reunion is unlikely right now" are not mutually exclusive ideas.
    Perhaps.

It's kind of darkly humorous how at one point it was said (also by Dan I believe) Peter and MJ could be reunited "in an instant", and then we got comparisons between them and the Venom/Eddie relationship the other day by Mike Costa at C2E2...as earlier this week, it was Eddie and the Symbiote that were reunited in a very breakneck manner.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-23-2017 at 09:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Whatever you say man. Btw you never did answer my question really: Is it efter Secret Empire/ during Legacy you expect it to come back, and if it does not will you stop saying the writing is on the wall?
    I answered you already. But it looks like you decided to change your question a little bit here by asking me if I will stop with saying "the writing is on the wall" as it concerns Marvels constant call backs to OMD and the marriage.But it isn't me you should be asking to stop but Marvel who keeps "teasing" these things.