Page 19 of 91 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

With how passionate Marvel apparently is about never reverting OMD could it be that the person in charge of Marvel is actually... MEPHISTO!? (dun dun dun)
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

BANNED

don't even joke about it or he will come after your virtue soul or whatever catches his fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    This whole thing just got me curious on what Marvel plans to do in order to boost sales besides return the marriage. It may be the best selling Marvel cape book, but people don't seem to be digging the ANAD direction too much compared to what Slott has previously done on the book, though we do have Spectacular coming.

I started reading comics during BND so I have no feelings towards the previous era, though I hope RYV can stick around. It seems as though there are some people who will never follow the book again until the marriage comes back to the main reality, but based on what we've learned in this thread it seems as though they will never come back. I understand why the people involved don't want it, but it kinda stings seeing both Superman and Batman with families, in addition to how fun Conway and Stegman are making it look.
    A Super Family crossover with Bats, Supes and Spidey would be the best~
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

BANNED

is it me or is the peter/mockingbird shipping similar to s/w shipping with superheroes paring up although of course spiderman doesnt have the history that Supes has with WW.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    is it me or is the peter/mockingbird shipping similar to s/w shipping with superheroes paring up although of course spiderman doesnt have the history that Supes has with WW.
    No, Parker does not have any such level of history with Morse. Even then, some things are best left to AUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Still Dead Adult Jean Grey says hi. And Death of X solidified the Scott Summers & Emma Frost relationship introduced in Morrison's run (New X-Men was also the start of Cyclops moving away from his previous Boy Scout persona).
    That's fair, although a story ending with the rebirth of the Phoenix in the future certainly allows for the return of the character in the hands of future writers.

Ensemble books do allow for greater change, with more moving pieces available.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    No, Parker does not have any such level of history with Morse. Even then, some things are best left to AUs.
    morse? for one second I thought you were referring to inspector morse. Anyway no peter doesnt have the history big blue has with WW but then given mockingbirds convoluted history perhaps thàts a good thing for their relationship. whether it sustains itself after slott has left the title remains to be seen.

Fantastic Member

Well it's not like you need that type of history to start a relationship.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    Well it's not like you need that type of history to start a relationship.
    Also I thought that Marvel said that peter can't have a relationship that lasts, and also it can't be with a super heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Also I thought that Marvel said that peter can't have a relationship that lasts, and also it can't be with a super heroine.
    pretty sure it's just mawwiage
    troo fan or death

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

This is why I'm enjoying reading the stuff at the Alternate History Forums, they write some interesting alternate timelines, sometimes.

In an 'alternate game console dev' tl, I saw how a licensed 90s Spider-Man game starring Reilly became so popular east and west that Marvel decided to cement him as Spidey, allowing Pete and MJ to remain married and editorially umolested.

In another 'alien space bat' tl where, at the turn of the millenniun certain companies and individuals magically receive comprhensive samples of media circa 2015 that only they can view privately, it led to zingers like Brian Singer recasting Storm, Quesada jumping ship to DC (taking Bendis with him), and him later writing the OMD thing to remove the marriage of LOIS AND CLARK. Hilarity ensues.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    At Marvel, virtually no hero they have presently has a relationship that 'lasts'.

Even when the marriage was allowed to stand in 616, Peter and MJ were amongst the last of a dying breed.

The one 616 couple to survive the purge of all the iconic pairings over the last several decades don't even have a book published anymore.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-17-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    At Marvel, virtually no hero they have presently has a relationship that 'lasts'.

Even when the marriage was allowed to stand in 616, Peter and MJ were amongst the last of a dying breed.

The one 616 couple to survive the purge of all the iconic pairings over the last several decades don't even have a book published anymore.
    Not forever, but at least for a long time. People grew up over the period that Peter and Mary were married.

BANNED

People grew up over the period that Peter and Mary were married.
    And I'm one of them.

Just pointing out that Marvel throwing most of their 616 pairings under the bus, including other marriages, was going on long before they turned their attention to Peter and MJ, and that it didn't stop with them either.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-17-2017 at 07:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    With how passionate Marvel apparently is about never reverting OMD could it be that the person in charge of Marvel is actually... MEPHISTO!? (dun dun dun)
    Ike-Mephisto?

Though I seriously doubt Perlmutter gives much of a rat's arse what the comics line does creatively.

On another note--I constantly see the justification for doing something as "Well, Stan did it / said it". Stan also built up Mary Jane as the ultimate romantic match for Peter, with Aunts May & Anna trying to pair them up for years.

And though Stan had mostly taken leave of the comics line at the time, Spider-Man's co-creator also wanted them married, and so it was done.