Page 20 of 91 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    don't even joke about it or he will come after your virtue soul or whatever catches his fancy.
    Nah, he'll just take the marriage. Or a puppy. Souls are so last century.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And I'm one of them.

Just pointing out that Marvel throwing most of their 616 pairings under the bus, including other marriages, was going on long before they turned their attention to Peter and MJ, and that it didn't stop with them either.
    And getting rid of any offspring to boot!

Seriously, what's with Marvel and their problems with their characters in committed relationships? Marvel used to be regarded as the more realistic superhero industry, yet there is no substance any longer when everyone is punching one another over politics.

Right now, Jessica and Luke are separated and their baby Dani is nowhere to be found. Only an AU future version of their daughter remains. Is this like law in Marvel land? That if you have a baby it must be chucked through a time vortex into the future? I call it Cable Law !

Characters like Jessica Drew and the Richard's family have their comics retired or cancelled, thus we will probably never see their kids again.

Meanwhile, DC is just giving everyone a dang wedding and a baby.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    pretty sure it's just mawwiage
    I am also pretty sure he can never make it to marriage with anyone. I doubt that Marvel's policy is just Mary Jane, it is rather a matter of they don't let him get married because he isn't going to grow up with his audience and worry about getting depends, cancer, or retirement.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post

Seriously, what's with Marvel and their problems with their characters in committed relationships? Marvel used to be regarded as the more realistic superhero industry, yet there is no substance any longer when everyone is punching one another over politics.

Right now, Jessica and Luke are separated and their baby Dani is nowhere to be found. Only an AU future version of their daughter remains. Is this like law in Marvel land? That if you have a baby it must be chucked through a time vortex into the future? I call it Cable Law !

Characters like Jessica Drew and the Richard's family have their comics retired or cancelled, thus we will probably never see their kids again.

I am sad about the loss of the Fantastic Four as a title, but unfortunately, they were stuck in the 30s of thousands range on sales, so when it came to movie rights and a sucky movie, they were screwed. If they were raking in money like Spider-Man was, even a sucky movie would not get Marvel to cancel their title and hold on to the rights. But they will come back, just a question of when, to be honest. As far is Marvel is concerned though, they just feel that their audience can do their own growing up. They basically see their characters like Sesame Street where big bird and the other muppets stay kids, and they figure that the audience, as they age, can go get a life on something else.

As a final side note, maybe you are right, maybe they might pull some crazy continuity reset button on the Fantastic Four when they do get rebooted in some form, but if comics really suck to me, I can go get my entertainment somewhere else, and someone else can give them a try instead of me.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    lol you forgot the virtue part which also a demon may steal to corrupt a body but maybe he has given up that gig and has decided to put marriage counsellors and divorce lawyers out of business erasing marriages and tailoring reality for your pleasure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post

surely not batman under any circumstances although I do recall a story when dick married and got divorced in an annual. Anyway the children counsellors and the marriage counsellors must have busy practices if all couples children get lost in future or past and their alternate timeline selves get to come here like Franklin and Rachael.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And I'm one of them.

Just pointing out that Marvel throwing most of their 616 pairings under the bus, including other marriages, was going on long before they turned their attention to Peter and MJ, and that it didn't stop with them either.
    Don't look for any conspiracies here. It's been going on since they started pairing people. Even the "safe" marriage of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman has been broken up a time or two.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Or a Doughnut...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Or a Doughnut...
    he will have to choose between a doughnut and a cup of coffee to go with it? tough choice which may just give him a nervous breakdown and quit and go into some another gig like sandman or grim reaper.

I'd love to find out why Mephisot wanted the marriage only to see it was some throw away useless reason.

"Sattanish bet me I couldn't. Well, he was wrong now he owes me a Shasta."

Or maybe he just collects things like this. He's got Spider-man's marriage on a shelf in his room right next to D-man's winning lottery ticket, and the time Cyclops and his brother both got adopted by a loving family. Admittedly the marriage isn't that impressive but he needed to complete his set.

"Steal superhero marriage and see what happens" also could have just been on list of things to do when you're bored. Next time he gets bored, he's going to retcon Ghost Rider's origins again.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    he will have to choose between a doughnut and a cup of coffee to go with it? tough choice which may just give him a nervous breakdown and quit and go into some another gig like sandman or grim reaper.
    latest.jpg

Screwed over by the devil just to get a donut
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-17-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Wow, i thought that this thread was death.

But answering the question, yes it would be reversed in some point, thanks to the nostalgia cycle, is how this things work, in some point somebody that grew up with the marriage is going to be in charge and would probably reversed it,maybe in 5 or 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wow, i thought that this thread was death.

But answering the question, yes it would be reversed in some point, thanks to the nostalgia cycle, is how this things work, in some point somebody that grew up with the marriage is going to be in charge and would probably reversed it,maybe in 5 or 10 years.
    Then why are people who work for Marvel saying that that's an impossibility?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Then why are people who work for Marvel saying that that's an impossibility?
    from what slott tells us, it's because it's systemic and goes beyond the influence of any one fan who "rises from our ranks to use the power of the matrix" etc etc.

you would need one of those nostalgia driven fans strategically placed in every position of power and influence not just in the comics office but in all the higher up positions of marvel entertainment in order to have a chance of changing that policy.

i guess we'll have definitive proof in...what? 10 years? that's about the window for marriage nostalgia fans to jump in to a decision maker's chair before the fan base is mostly just post-marriage readers.
    Last edited by boots; 03-17-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Too many people make a histrionic fuss about him making a deal with "the devil" and ignore the lengths of self-sacrifice Peter made to save a life, which is still pretty moral despite who he had to deal with - and I really don't care about devils like some campy entity in red pajamas is somehow the worst thing ever, so whatever about the nebulous bone to pick about "morals" on that front. People try and paint him saving Aunt May's life as "selfish", but how is it any less selfish than keeping a marriage of all things? Aunt May got to experience love again thanks to Peter's actions, and it's not like MJ disappeared. People just care about their fave Spidey pin-up girl and bend the events of the story around. Fan logic at it's best.
    That's because the roots, and not the branches, of the problem was the fact that Peter Parker blew away his secret identity. It was stupid considering that after all the times people he knew, or even himself, had been threatened, hurt, or dead from knowing his own secret identity, that he wouldn't do it.

As for Aunt May, nobody gives a hoot what a person might wish if they have a lot of emotion going. My mother in law tried, and failed, to save the life of my father-in-law last year in spite of his already being essentially on his way to die as was from current health issues. What he wrote up to that time said he was ready. It didn't matter how doomed he was, or if it was going to save him, she tried. I at least thought about it for a bit and figured that I probably couldn't just sit around if it was the wife, mother, or father of my own who was in danger of dying like that. It made me think a lot about what it would mean to just let someone in your family die.

But let me emphasize it again, the stupidity of unmasking himself was IMO, the most stupid, thoughtless action I ever saw Spider-Man take.