Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

As I said before, these were just my thoughts. Don't mean to be all "silly" for stating things I thought. In fact, even for being silly, I apparently did get things right and some wrong. Then again, we will never get all the information about the origin of the marriage since the story seems to change constantly depending on who you speak to and what time frame.

Everybody is entitles to their own opinions and feelings and I am more than happy to be wrong and corrected, there's no need to be so brash good sir.

Also, how'd you get that name? I thought sites like these wouldn't allow people to have usernames of a real person, specially one working on the comics presently.

Incredible Member

I'm Dan Slott.

More important than all of this:

Why won't Marvel and DAN SLOTT do the right thing and incorporate the character Sleepwalker into the Spidey stories for a major storyline in which Cobweb is the big baddie?!?!?!?!

I'm almost to point of boycotting Marvel. Either give me a Cobweb story that also involves the Harrah Harrah spider demon things from Spider-Man: Fever or I'm done giving Marvel my hard-earned money!

-Pav, who knows he's speaking for everyone...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    More important than all of this:

Why won't Marvel and DAN SLOTT do the right thing and incorporate the character Sleepwalker into the Spidey stories for a major storyline in which Cobweb is the big baddie?!?!?!?!

I'm almost to point of boycotting Marvel. Either give me a Cobweb story that also involves the Harrah Harrah spider demon things from Spider-Man: Fever or I'm done giving Marvel my hard-earned money!

-Pav, who knows he's speaking for everyone...
    Please don't speak for me, thanks.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I'm Dan Slott.
    Yes, you are.

Like you, I'm not touching this thread with a ten-foot strand of webbing. I feel the topic has been beat to death at this point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

All it takes is the right person in the right position of power.

Right now the people who grew up with a single Spider-Man are in power, but someday fans of the marriage will be in a position to bring it back if they choose to do so.

It will happen someday since OMD is often in the top five of a top ten list of worst comic stories.

For me personally I'm never reading a Spider-Man book again(with the exception of RYV)till Peter and Mary Jane are reunited.
    As a customer I feel that OMD was a betray of my trust.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

At this point I think sins past will be retconned long before one more day is but even sins past is still in continuity in many ways it's far worse than one more day.

iMan 42s

Yes One more day will be invalidated at some undetermined point in time. Unless someone from the future points out to me it wont, it holds a chance of being removed from continuity.
    If Ben Reilly can become a bad guy, if decades of story can be changed without explanation, if magic had some small role in Spider-man's origins, and Norman Osborn could've had sex with Gwen Stacy, anything is possible, and by extension anything is possible in comics.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    At this point I think sins past will be retconned long before one more day is but even sins past is still in continuity in many ways it's far worse than one more day.
    Sins Past is indeed a travesty, that is all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I'm Dan Slott.
    For some reason, I found this reply far more hilarious than it should have been.

And Dan? I feel for you. You're telling people in literally the most direct way you can on a message board that this will never happen and they're still going "Okay, but what if ...?" I can just picture you banging your head against the wall with every reply.

Also, I really miss your old Thing series.

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    All it takes is the right person in the right position of power.

Right now the people who grew up with a single Spider-Man are in power, but someday fans of the marriage will be in a position to bring it back if they choose to do so.

It will happen someday since OMD is often in the top five of a top ten list of worst comic stories.

For me personally I'm never reading a Spider-Man book again(with the exception of RYV)till Peter and Mary Jane are reunited.
    As a customer I feel that OMD was a betray of my trust.
    Reversing One More Day would have to be a decision made by multiple people in power, just as the various attempts to undo the marriage (The Clone Saga, One More Day) were, and just as the marriage was.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think Marvel will allowing OMD to be undone; they've invented way too much in convincing us it was a good idea to give up now. Besides the main architects of OMD are still in power.
    On top of what you said, Marvel has found that they make a money stream by using an alternate universe to show the marriage in effect, and make an additional income stream, such as Spider-Girl lasting over 10 years and RYV having a good start. On one hand, you are guaranteed someone in favor of the status quo. On another, Marvel sees alternate universes as essentially dodging a restoration of the status quo in the main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Some people who didn't like Marvel's decision to get rid of the marriage seem to think it only happened because Joe Quesada didn't like the marriage, neglecting two more important factors (there are clearly articulated reasons for preferring Spider-Man in the comics to be single, many others in the industry have pushed for it.) This misunderstanding can lead to a belief that change is likelier than the reality.

For a reversal to happen, someone in a position of power pushing for it will have to articulate their reasons for preferring the new status quo (I'm not denying the existence of such reasons) and persuade a lot of others that it's a better course of action than the alternative.

Since he's worked at Marvel for over a decade, Slott probably has a good sense of the ratio of people in positions of influence who prefer Spider-Man to be single, and why a reversal won't happen.

Maybe he's a bit wrong to express absolute certainty, but if the odds are pretty low he'll be closer to the truth than someone who thinks it's a 50/50 situation.

It seems to me that the main circumstance under which the marriage might be restored is if Marvel were planning to bring an end to the classic Marvel Universe, given all the ways the world has changed since those foundational Silver Age comics. The likeliest outcome would be a new version of Peter Parker, who probably won't be married.
    But the decision isn't one person in authority, it's multiple of them. It couldn't have been just Joe Quesada since he is no longer EIC, unless that has changed.

always a little suspicious of any comment that claims to talk on behalf of "the fans" or "majority of".

and why would writers, editors or a publisher wants spidey to remain unmarried as a property? probably for the same reasons we'll never see sherlock holmes, doctor who or mickey mouse most likely won't end up in wedlock. DC seems to be giving it a decent go with superman, but the fact that they've been on and off again on the topic shows that there is a strong belief in the validity of having an unmarried franchise character.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    always a little suspicious of any comment that claims to talk on behalf of "the fans" or "majority of".

and why would writers, editors or a publisher wants spidey to remain unmarried as a property? probably for the same reasons we'll never see sherlock holmes, doctor who or mickey mouse most likely won't end up in wedlock. DC seems to be giving it a decent go with superman, but the fact that they've been on and off again on the topic shows that there is a strong belief in the validity of having an unmarried franchise character.
    Part of it is how successful the alternate universe of RYV is so far. I mean, if you make multiple successful revenues, Marvel reasons they can tell different stories for multiple streams. I don't hate RYV, but it is my observation that they set that up to defer the status kind of like DC back in the older days had those alternate universe "imaginary tales".