Page 66 of 91 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Oh, and don't forget Peter and MJ's deja vu of the battle against Regent from Dan's version of Renew Your Vows...still waiting on an explanation for that one
    And with the hints Slott gave us I think those answers are coming soon and will play into the resolution of OMD.

BANNED

According to Zradsky on tumblr, Peter and MJ have apparently mended their friendship

http://zdarsky.tumblr.com/post/15997...d-c2e2-about-u
    Yes...things are shaping up better and better for a reconciliation between their characters and to finally see that awful OMD story to be put to sleep once and for all.

BANNED

And here's Pete and MJ enjoying lunch together in Spectacular

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...omic-book-day/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Because Spider-Man outdoes a majority of all things DC right now, plus he is Marvel's top dog as is (ASM) probably because of what they are doing with his villains. Marvel is more concerned with everyone else who is below Amazing Spider-Man. To them, Spider-Man with the alternate universe plus the success of Amazing Spider-Man means they are fine right now with having him as is.
    The numbers do not support this statement at all. Marvels recent decision to have it's own Rebirth 2.0 with Legacy and a return to a more "back to basics"shift...clearly says that Marvel is not happy with "the way things are" nor want things to stay" "as is" and want to make the attempt to heal the divisions within the fanbase by giving everyone what they want.10 years of this BND status quo has reached a point of stagnation, along with most of Marvels titles...Marvel now seems to recognize it's time for real change, and that goes big time for Spiderman!
    Last edited by Timmyb52; 04-27-2017 at 11:06 PM.

BANNED

And here's Pete and MJ enjoying lunch together in Spectacular

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...omic-book-day/
    Really,really nice!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    I call him that because he just has a bunch of empty relationships with women whom don't mean anything to the progression of his character.They come and go...with no real purpose or impact rather than to serve some middle aged fanboys desire to live vicariously through a comic book character and see Peter hook up with as many "hot chicks" as possible. Who's Peter going to hook up with next? Who cares...it doesn't mean anything at all if Marvel won't allow Peter to have mature and meaningful relationships that allow his character to grow,learn and mature {age!}.Do you really want to see Peter just go from one meaningless relationship to the next for another 10 years,or 20? This is stagnation of the character...just because Marvel has the dumb and outmoded concept that Peter Parker should stay eternally young and inexperienced and that somehow allowing his character to have any real progression means death for his character...DC has proven that Quesada's validation for OMD nonsense to be very wrong! Fans don't want to see a stagnant character that never goes anywhere or progresses...people will not continue to keep buying a comic that apes a Saturday Morning Cartoon and has their favorite character constantly just running in place.And yet you validate the reasons that Superman and Batman can have children and real relationships that progress the character but deny those same things to Peter simply because thats how you "want it" and "prefer it"...while ignoring what is best for the brand and the character itself as a whole?Isn't that a little selfish? Marvel cannot continue with this status quo...it is unsustainable.
    Again: "A bunch"... No not really. Your definition of a bunch is clearly different then mine.
    And I have no problem with Peter dating other characters. I dont read Spider-man comics for MJ I read it for Spider-man.
    The rest I dont really see a point in adressing since we have discussed this several times now and the only thing thats clear is that you and I wont agree on this.
    Except the last sentence. The fact that you spend endless amount of times saying how "Spider-man is not Batman or Ironman because..." but suddenly now you want Spider-man to be exactly like Batman and Superman is extremely funny to me. But please keep going. I will say this: We agree that Marvel is going to emulate DC by going more for the "iconic status" again. What we disagree on is that you under the perception that that includes MJ and Peter to be married. That I disagree with. In a comitted relationship? Maybe. Not married.

Fans don't want to see a stagnant character that never goes anywhere or progresses...people will not continue to keep buying a comic that apes a Saturday Morning Cartoon and has their favorite character constantly just running in place.
    Stop using the word "fans" when the word you mean is "I".

BANNED

Marvel have included a representative for the marriage era in their line up of "True Believer" reprints...McFarlane's Spider-Man#1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...an-homecoming/

Brand New Day's first issue is also amongst them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    We agree that Marvel is going to emulate DC by going more for the "iconic status" again. What we disagree on is that you under the perception that that includes MJ and Peter to be married. That I disagree with. In a comitted relationship? Maybe. Not married.
    Gonna have to disagree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Stop using the word "fans" when the word you mean is "I".

I'm not sure if he's 100% right, but he's also not alone.

BANNED

There are fans who want him married
    There are fans who want him single

They're all fans at the end of the day, and they're all a collective of thoughts, opinions and preferences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you there.
    And thats fine. But in the end it doesnt matter whether you or I think of this compared to what Marvel sees it as. And if what Slott says its true, and I think it likely is, then that is them not being married.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    And thats fine. But in the end it doesnt matter whether you or I think of this compared to what Marvel sees it as. And if what Slott says its true, and I think it likely is, then that is them not being married.
    Are we talking about the ASM series on it's own, or the franchise as a whole here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Are we talking about the ASM series on it's own, or the franchise as a whole here?
    ASM /main universe. Meaning the "mainstream version". I think there is room for RYW or Spider-Girl or whatever where they are married, but as we already talked about in Marvel's eyes other rules apply for 616 version.
    Whether that is smart or not is debateable.

Personally, OMD was probably the biggest joke of the comic industry. It was a slap in the face to long-term fans and those that have any sort of intellect. However, it happened and there is nothing we can do about it. It's a done deal. With that being said, can it be reversed and can we have a married Peter Parker again? Oh hell yeah we can. The biggest problem is that readers kept reading the book after OMD. If everyone actually put their wallets to where their mouths were, then MJ and Peter would have had a second honeymoon in a few months. Simple as that.

If everyone stopped buying ASM and made it known that it was because of OMD, then there there is a chance it could be reversed. The way things are going it's probably not going to be reversed, unless there is a regime change at Marvel. Personally I think that's what should happen, but what I think should happen and will happen are in two different spectrums.

Either way, do I think OMD will be reversed anytime soon? Nope. Can it be reversed? Yup. Just need enough people to stop buying the book.

If everyone actually put their wallets to where their mouths were, then MJ and Peter would have had a second honeymoon in a few months. Simple as that.

If everyone stopped buying ASM and made it known that it was because of OMD, then there there is a chance it could be reversed.
    The problem here is that not everyone cares enough about the marriage to stop reading Spider-man and many people actually liked the fact that it's gone. "Everyone" is not going to stop reading because of this or it would have already happened.

The way things are going it's probably not going to reversed, unless there is a regime change at Marvel.
    It would have to be a regime change where every single person in change at marvel and Disney left at the same time. That's probably not going to happen, much in the same way one person probably won't win the lottery, be struck by lighting, get elected president, and win the WWE Championship belt all on the same day.

Technically yes, it could happen, but it's not worth wasting time talking about.