Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Miles will beat Rachel in a clean straight up fight, causing the x boards to crash.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    LMAO, this thread has convinced me that it could very well be SvX that's next.

It wouldn't have quite the same point as one of the main Marvel-owned brands beating down the X-Men, but perhaps it would be a sign that the Marvel-Sony Spider-Marriage is strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Miles will beat Rachel in a clean straight up fight, causing the x boards to crash.
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm going to go with Asgardians. Loki, Odin, and that bunch will lead to the near extinction of mutants.

And possible leave some or all of them stuck in Asgard for a while after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm going to go with Asgardians. Loki, Odin, and that bunch will lead to the near extinction of mutants.

And possible leave some or all of them stuck in Asgard for a while after that.
    Isn't the Phoenix trying to destroy Asgard or whatever? I bet Marvel will realize that making the X-Men the victims won't make them look bad, so now they'll make them have all asgardians killed just so they can keep their pet chicken. As Marvel would say, it's part of their culture.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Isn't the Phoenix trying to destroy Asgard or whatever? I bet Marvel will realize that making the X-Men the victims won't make them look bad, so now they'll make them have all asgardians killed just so they can keep their pet chicken. As Marvel would say, it's part of their culture.
    That's pet COSMIC chicken to you, mister!

(Lol.)

So is that what QQ is up to in Thor's book? I haven't been paying attention. Buuuut yeah, I suppose Asgard would be the next logical group to take a swipe at the X-Men. Perhaps they'd even drag the GotG in on their side of the fight thanks to the Angela connection. Somehow.

AsGvX, anyone? :P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Playing it serious for a second, I'm surprised there hasn't been a generational conflict in the X books yet.

Like 0G+All New all different+80s vs. New Mutants/Generation X/New X-men etc.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think they will introduce a cure. A complete cure that wipes away the X-gene in a person this cure can be applied at birth. So that even in the womb the X-gene can be removed. This offers people a choice instead of forcing it on people. This could highlight the fears many people have and some fears that mutants have of the X-gene. It would also be a in-universe way of making sure large amounts of mutants are not running around in Marvel comics, since that was a problem that brought about Decimation. I think this would be a interesting long term issue that the X-men would have to deal with. Some mutants may be inclined to take the cure to have more stable lives, others might see it as a threat to mutants.

It could make many mutants and humans decide if they want to risk carrying the X-gene and the unpredictable nature of mutant abilities manifesting. How about a story with mutants deciding if the cure is best for them or if they want to take the risk of being a mutant.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 03-12-2017 at 05:06 AM.

Playing it serious for a second, I'm surprised there hasn't been a generational conflict in the X books yet.

It seems that most of the younger generations have abandoned the X-books for the rest of the MU.

Actually, most of the New Mutants were in agreement with Cyclops' revolution.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Phoenix Force is the mutant race culture and future, you can't go around and ask people to give up their culture. If Asgardians don't want to die because of the Phoenix....then they shouldn't get killed! Is easy like avoiding peanuts.

Fantastic Member

I think the next big thing for the X-Men and marvel heroes as a whole after secret hydra is there will be no distinction between powers or mutants or inhumans. They will just be seen as humans that can develop powers.

So any hero can join any group, just depends what your beliefs are about. Equality (x men) Prevention and Governing (Avengers) Helping the little guy (defenders) Dealing with space and cosmic events (ultimates, ff and gotg)

Think this has to be the course that marvel goes in the future. Show in world that humans are starting to see powers as the same. Stop with extinction story line as humans will always be able to develop powers. Change context and continue from there
    Last edited by Shriveling_memo; 03-12-2017 at 08:16 AM.

I just want to see the surprise of the X-fans when they announce Avengers vs X-mes II or Guardians of the Galaxy vs X-mens .

BANNED

the next big fight for survival will be between the externals lead by canonball mutants led by apocalypse and the eternals lead by sersi for the celestials have decreed only one race/species will survive. it will be contest of champions 3 with more deadly stakes. I know externals and celestials are dead but they will be revived for this arc specifically.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-12-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    The Phoenix Force is the mutant race culture and future, you can't go around and ask people to give up their culture. If Asgardians don't want to die because of the Phoenix....then they shouldn't get killed! Is easy like avoiding peanuts.
    The event ends with Jean Grey hanging out with Scott on the Hellfire Club, with a shard of Thor's hammer after she pushed a button to destroy the Phoenix. And there'll be a panel with Quentin and Hope crying because they won't be able to become Phoenix anymore.

Fantastic Member

I kind of want to see SvX after reading this thread.

One thing I've enjoyed is how Champions has been taking on current issues and wouldn't mind seeing one X-writer or another take a page from that, maybe tying that into the next extinction threat. Even at the risk of having anti-SJW shade thrown at X-Men, which it has surprisingly dodged for the most part.