Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightwing

All-New Member

Default Nightwing

With the announcement of the Nightwing movie a lot of actors are starting to be compared. IDK about you guys but this kid has my vote!!

https://www.prlog.org/12624911-actor...nightwing.html

I vote for Oscar Isaac.

And for those who don't want to click the link above, the OP was suggesting Chris Warren.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-11-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I vote for Oscar Isaac.

And for those who don't want to click the link above, the OP was suggesting Chris Warren.

Oscar is vey talented I agree. However, I want to see them bring someone in like marvel did with Tom holland. He was cast not only because of his acrobatic background but because his acting ability even though he wasn't known. I think it brings a different dynamic. Would be awesome to see

BANNED

Chris Warren and Oscar Isaac look too old for the role, Isaac is a great actor but I don't think he's right for Dick.

My top pick is Logan Lerman. He's young, handsome, does drama well, and can do action well too with the right director. Dick would be his most challenging role by far but I think he can do it.

I think Dylan O'Brien from Teen Wolf would be a good option as well. Brenton Thwaites definitely has the look for the part but I have no idea if he has any acting talent at all. For a short career that kid has done a LOT of bad movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I think Dylan O'Brien from Teen Wolf would be a good option as well.
    I think his Teen Wolf Co Star Tyler Posley looks more like Dick ...

Do these things ever work? What happened to just getting one's agent to try and get you an audition or simply going to auditions. I know auditions are tedious and you have to wait your turn but this trying to get attention via social media or trying to pressure studios by doing a plea on online is getting a bit much. And it's always with Superhero movies.

But I suppose it's the age f social media but you never the Denzel's doing this it's always the Tyrese's and he is what springs to mind whenever I see these.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Do these things ever work? What happened to just getting one's agent to try and get you an audition or simply going to auditions. I know auditions are tedious and you have to wait your turn but this trying to get attention via social media or trying to pressure studios by doing a plea on online is getting a bit much. And it's always with Superhero movies.

But I suppose it's the age f social media but you never the Denzel's doing this it's always the Tyrese's and he is what springs to mind whenever I see these.
    I personally wish we could go back to the days where there wasn't social media. Unfortunately it's a huge part of the world we live in now a days. Especially in that Industry. It is nice however to see a young actor put in what appears to be a lot of work. I think it's a good way to get recognized now a days even if they aren't successful in getting that role

I hope see a GOOD NIGHTWING.

I really really wouldn't mind Jesús Castro as Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I hope see a GOOD NIGHTWING.
    Well, with two Nightwing movie threads now, it must be good!

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO View Post
    I personally wish we could go back to the days where there wasn't social media. Unfortunately it's a huge part of the world we live in now a days. Especially in that Industry. It is nice however to see a young actor put in what appears to be a lot of work. I think it's a good way to get recognized now a days even if they aren't successful in getting that role
    I curse social media while using it the irony . But I have a problem with such campaigns cos while it's great to see young actors do video that give us fab glimpses of what they would look like as our favourites once you get the masses involved in the selection process everything turns to shit.

You get the great unwashed picking sides or rooting for who they like based on stuff like looks and how well they fight I know it's just comic movies but an actor needs more than looks like the character fights like the characters to make a role.

Look at BVS. The two universally loved things about that movie are Batfleck and Gadot. Look at Chris Evans. Based on their looks and if they did a fight video before filming started you and I would never have pick em. Trainer, fight coordinators and makeup artists can the very things actors highlight in these type of campaign video and the very things that fans judge these videos on.

I say let the cast directors do their job away from the eyes of the public. You are correct that these video's are fun to watch and a good way to to bring an unknown to the public's attention but studios should never make decisions based on these and it's a good thing they don't.

Speaking of Nightwing I can't think of any actor off the top of my head I just hope they make the right choice.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-12-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I really really wouldn't mind Jesús Castro as Nightwing
    Ahh Jesus Castro, the only actor with Romani ancestors that tumblr has managed to find in the whole big world.

He looks the part, black hair, blue eyes, white... but with th right mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Ahh Jesus Castro, the only actor with Romani ancestors that tumblr has managed to find in the whole big world.

He looks the part, black hair, blue eyes, white... but with th right mother.
    You are right. Black hair, blue eyes and the right mother is enough for me. Then again I don't have anything against an accent as well. Gadot proofed that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    You are right. Black hair, blue eyes and the right mother is enough for me. Then again I don't have anything against an accent as well. Gadot proofed that to me.
    Wow. You don't even need him to be a half decent actor? By the way, have you ever see him act?
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 03-12-2017 at 09:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

It worked for The Rock, who campaigned to be in the DCEU. I like the guy, he's a fun actor, but he's not exactly on Denzel's level of acting talent.