Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Wow. You don't even need him to be a half decent actor? By the way, have you ever see him act?
    So this was about acting skills? Interpreted your post wrong then.

El Niño, yes. And I liked him good enough. Compared to other suggestions for the role I have seen if only looking at acting skills, though as we know appearance is so important to comic book fans even if not as much to WB, he might not be the best choice but he is a choice. Though I have to say, the suggesstions made who do have the - in my opinion - good acting skills are all around their thirties to fourthies. So a young actor? So far they are all seem mediocre to me. The thing is the nightwing movie is if it really comes years, so all of them have time to improve.

Do you have a young actor in mind who performes so well, that you would say: "This is it"?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Scott Eastwood :P

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It worked for The Rock, who campaigned to be in the DCEU. I like the guy, he's a fun actor, but he's not exactly on Denzel's level of acting talent.
    It worked for The Rock because he is the type of person DC or Marvel would give their right arm to attract. Have you seen his box office figures and his fan base? These people making these video's aren't The Rock.

It also kinda worked for Donald Glover but he very talented, well known and proven.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It worked for The Rock because he is the type of person DC or Marvel would give their right arm to attract. Have you seen his box office figures and his fan base? These people making these video's aren't The Rock.

It also kinda worked for Donald Glover but he very talented, well known and proven.
    Dick Grayson is a tough role to cast, it's a very specific look and a very specific range of acting talent. If someone qualified shows up doing one of these vids/social media campaigns, I think it matters.

Some of you guys have forgotten Dick would be in his late 20's at the youngest, early 30's at the oldest. Keeping that in mind, I'd say Christian Howard only because he looks really cool and knows martial arts, but I'm not certain about his acting abilities.

And I know Tyler Hoechlin is Superman on Supergirl, but he has the booty necessary and the personality, so I'd be happy with that.

Dick Grayson is a tough role to cast, it's a very specific look and a very specific range of acting talent. If someone qualified shows up doing one of these vids/social media campaigns, I think it matters.
    A specific look. Good looking, blue eyes, dark hair, nice butt though we can pad it, wig it, contact lens it if you haven't got it. The moves can be taught all that matters is the acting chops and these videos rarely in fact never show us the actors true range.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Some of you guys have forgotten Dick would be in his late 20's at the youngest, early 30's at the oldest. Keeping that in mind, I'd say Christian Howard only because he looks really cool and knows martial arts, but I'm not certain about his acting abilities.

And I know Tyler Hoechlin is Superman on Supergirl, but he has the booty necessary and the personality, so I'd be happy with that.
    I don't think they care about his age. Harley Quinn, according to this timeline, would have been a teenager when she first met and fell for Joker. It doesn't make sense, they'd easily cast a 22 year old as Dick if it fit their vision for the film.

BANNED

Double post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    A specific look. Good looking, blue eyes, dark hair, nice butt though we can pad it, wig it, contact lens it if you haven't got it. The moves can be taught all that matters is the acting chops and these videos rarely in fact never show us the actors true range.
    Swap "good looking" with "ridiculously, impossibly handsome" and you've got it. Dick is not some run of the mill decent looking hero, he's famous for being attractive. Like, 11/10 levels of attractive. How many actors can you name who look as good as Dick and also have the chops to play him?

I don't think they care about his age. Harley Quinn, according to this timeline, would have been a teenager when she first met and fell for Joker. It doesn't make sense, they'd easily cast a 22 year old as Dick if it fit their vision for the film.
    This is a very good point. I actually haven't though about it like that, so there goes every potential choice I've looked at.

I still don't like choices like Logan Lerman and Dylan O'Brien because they feel too "small" to be Nightwing, and I mean that in just appearance, not notoriety. Like, they look like teenagers, more like Robin than Nightwing, but then again, if they wanted a 21 year old Nightwing like in Rebirth, then they'd fit pretty well. At least they have some fangirls so that'll get covered, all they really need is to work out their glutes, I guess.

Swap "good looking" with "ridiculously, impossibly handsome" and you've got it. Dick is not some run of the mill decent looking hero, he's famous for being attractive. Like, 11/10 levels of attractive. How many actors can you name who look as good as Dick and also have the chops to play him?
    This movie is happening in the wrong era, tbh, we should've had a young Leo or Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, you know?

BANNED

This is a very good point. I actually haven't though about it like that, so there goes every potential choice I've looked at.

I still don't like choices like Logan Lerman and Dylan O'Brien because they feel too "small" to be Nightwing, and I mean that in just appearance, not notoriety. Like, they look like teenagers, more like Robin than Nightwing, but then again, if they wanted a 21 year old Nightwing like in Rebirth, then they'd fit pretty well. At least they have some fangirls so that'll get covered, all they really need is to work out their glutes, I guess.

This movie is happening in the wrong era, tbh, we should've had a young Leo or Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, you know?
    Yeah, is it just me or are the young, 20 something actors less hot than they used to be? I blame the Disney Channel and One Direction for screwing up our perceptions of attractive males.

None but I'm willing to skimp on the ridiculously good looking and settle for just plain good looking if the acting chops and charm was there. those are the most important things. I want a good Nightwing movie if I wanted to look at a ridiculously good looking man I'd just look at pictures of Dick Grayson.

The acting, story, film making and capturing the personality of Dick Grayson will make this movie not the actors ridiculous level of beauty.

Though the actor has to be hot

All-New Member

If only James Marsden was 10 to 20 years younger. Seriously, he nails the looking department perfectly (5'10, lithe and muscular, nice dark hair, stunning blue eyes, chiseled face, bright friendly smile) and possesses the acting range to pull off both the serious side and the light-hearted side of Dick. Besides, he has Broadway-level singing skill and can also dance.

If only...
    Last edited by Dawnlit_Waters; 03-13-2017 at 09:45 AM.

I want someone relatively young and completely unknown

Astonishing Member

Yeah, is it just me or are the young, 20 something actors less hot than they used to be? I blame the Disney Channel and One Direction for screwing up our perceptions of attractive males.
    Tattoos may work for some people but it doesn't for me.