Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

Romulus was really when Marvel jumped the shark with Weapon X

I just wish they'd simply bring him back - just for Apocalypse to show up and squish his head like a grape and to just tell us that Romulus was a fan of Wolverine and wanted Apocalypse to make him in Wolverine's image. He then just got caught in the delusion. But in the end - he was a nobody...a STAN...just a joke gone to far.

Then I'll forgive Marvel for hiring Daniel Way

Eh enough Wolverine....Apocc would be sorta a "who cares" moment...you'd think Apoccy would chose better powers /skills to saddle up on Wolverine. the self healing and adamantium skeleton just seem so basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Like what the movies are doing?
    Not really but idk what exactly the movies are doing just yet. But experimenting on mutants and enhancing them is his thing, and it makes sense for him to have the knowledge and sort of be the catalyst of Weapon X taking interest in mutants in the first place. I mean who else would've known to do those things? It has his name written all over it imo.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He really was. I vote for him to be retconned as an experiment of Sinister's who escaped and went mad, believing himself to be some immortal lupine mutant who predates Logan and Creed. This is because he was created from their DNA, so he's fixated on them and Weapon X.

Something like that, and at the end Logan decapitates him like a boss.
    I like this retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He really was. I vote for him to be retconned as an experiment of Sinister's who escaped and went mad, believing himself to be some immortal lupine mutant who predates Logan and Creed. This is because he was created from their DNA, so he's fixated on them and Weapon X.

Something like that, and at the end Logan decapitates him like a boss.
    Is an interesting idea, could be evolved even further. Romulus could have been an "handyman" created by sinster when he was working for Apocalypse based on DNA of Logan or Creed left around to run the project weapon plus, weapon X in particular, but once not controlled he gone insane and overtook the project, and it is ad this very moment that project weapon X go by its own road and become the total mess we know. Romulus insanity could explain the whole Logan escaping fromt he compund(in the mythic orignal wepaon X saga was hinted that Logan was still partial under control of someone when run away slaughtering everyone...and only an insane maniac would do that, ruining pretty muhc the whole weapon X thing). Eventually sinister and Aopcalypse check how things are going and discover their administrator did comeplete mess. But is not just that, is why he did everything. To create an assassin for killing god. To kill Apocalypse! At this point they release another clone, Remus, this time based also on the dna of Rose(see Wolverine Origins), to hunt down Romulus before he make another disaster(explain why no one had heard him before, Remus prevented him to become a real big player, always being one step behind and forcing him to stay in the shadows or be killed). Project Weapon X become sort of grim dark joke, changing leadership and purpose on regular basis, last being hijacked by a sentient bacteria(that was probably another "control" tool of the Celestial, so sort of "cousin" of apocalypse.
    Really could come out a nice story. It would end up with Romulus completely gone, not accepting who he really is, and wolveirne not killing him like a boss, but more out of mercy, realizing that he couldhave ended up like that insane by all the mind control and fake memories he had been given. A somber scene showing that Wolverine is the Ogami Itto of the MU, not Frank Castle.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Eh enough Wolverine....Apocc would be sorta a "who cares" moment...you'd think Apoccy would chose better powers /skills to saddle up on Wolverine. the self healing and adamantium skeleton just seem so basic.
    Apocalypse is less concerned w/ powersets and more concerned with those who have the qualities of survival of the fittest. Wolverine would survive in any world imagined/ruled by Apocalypse. Always a nice, subtle connection there

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Call me crazy, but I don't have the hate for Romulus that everyone else does. He served his admittedly limited purpose, unlike Remus. I still don't remember the point of her character...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Is an interesting idea, could be evolved even further. Romulus could have been an "handyman" created by sinster when he was working for Apocalypse based on DNA of Logan or Creed left around to run the project weapon plus, weapon X in particular, but once not controlled he gone insane and overtook the project, and it is ad this very moment that project weapon X go by its own road and become the total mess we know. Romulus insanity could explain the whole Logan escaping fromt he compund(in the mythic orignal wepaon X saga was hinted that Logan was still partial under control of someone when run away slaughtering everyone...and only an insane maniac would do that, ruining pretty muhc the whole weapon X thing). Eventually sinister and Aopcalypse check how things are going and discover their administrator did comeplete mess. But is not just that, is why he did everything. To create an assassin for killing god. To kill Apocalypse! At this point they release another clone, Remus, this time based also on the dna of Rose(see Wolverine Origins), to hunt down Romulus before he make another disaster(explain why no one had heard him before, Remus prevented him to become a real big player, always being one step behind and forcing him to stay in the shadows or be killed). Project Weapon X become sort of grim dark joke, changing leadership and purpose on regular basis, last being hijacked by a sentient bacteria(that was probably another "control" tool of the Celestial, so sort of "cousin" of apocalypse.
    Really could come out a nice story. It would end up with Romulus completely gone, not accepting who he really is, and wolveirne not killing him like a boss, but more out of mercy, realizing that he couldhave ended up like that insane by all the mind control and fake memories he had been given. A somber scene showing that Wolverine is the Ogami Itto of the MU, not Frank Castle.
    No. Even putting hi in charge of the Weapon X program and making a mess out of it makes him too important.