Amazing Member

Default Batman Beyond Universe #9 Discussion

Preview

Not sure anyone else is reading this, but the new Justice Lords Beyond story is off to a pretty great start. The history behind the last few decades for the Justice Lords and Wonder Woman is interesting and leaves a decent mystery in terms of who this current Wonder Woman who returned is. I also like that Gage and Higgins keep that the Justice Lords aren't straight up evil versions of the League so much as they are corrupted versions created by certain events, choices, and beliefs. Higgins does well in illustrating this with by showing us the Terry from the Justice Lords universe who is Jokerz but still clearly feels the guilt of his actions. There was also a nice surprise with the new Justice Lords with Curare being a member and revealing an unexpected tie to Kai-Ro. Should be interesting to see how much more in depth they go with her and the other Justice Lords members.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eivion View Post
    Not sure anyone else is reading this
    I am! I am!

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I am! I am!
    Thanks for letting us know. Care to elaborate?

Amazing Member

I am! I am!
    Me too! I think it's miles better than Forever Evil - it's a much tighter story, it's not drawn out and the Justice Lords are more three-dimensional than the cartoon characters from the New 52 Crime Syndicate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Me too! I think it's miles better than Forever Evil - it's a much tighter story, it's not drawn out and the Justice Lords are more three-dimensional than the cartoon characters from the New 52 Crime Syndicate.
    ...and it comes out on time...

BANNED

...and it comes out on time...
    haha yeah, one of the best parts. and everyweek there is a new part of the story.

i have been enjoying it, hope they won't blow up WW character.

Dexter Soy art is really good

Fantastic Member

I jumped on with this arc, reading the digital chapters. It's been a really fun story so far; certainly more engaging than many things in the DCU proper right now.

Amazing Member

Glad to see others are reading this. It has been one of the better DC titles the last few months and the Justice Lord Beyond story feels like it could lead to even better things.

I love this title. I wait for the print version every month and it's well worth the wait. I also found that I'm already enjoying the Justice Lords more than the Crime Syndicate. It was a strong lead off issue, especially coming off a big Brainiac arc. It's one of those books that I look forward too. I suspected that Wonder Woman was the Justice Lords version as it was fairly obvious. Though I didn't expect her to be JL Supes wife. It's a solid book with great writing and art. One I'm glad I pick up.