Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Ben Reilly's history lives on in X-23...

Given the news of X-23 becoming the All New Wolverine Post Secret Wars, I would love to refer back to the original CLONE hero replacement: Ben Reilly.

I mean we all knew his time as Peter's replacement, right ?

We all knew his adventures as Spidey. Right ?

Doesn't anyone remember when Ben Reilly, the clone of Spider-man, became Spider-man ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 06-09-2015 at 06:36 PM.

Mighty Member

Considering the clusterfuck of the clone saga, that could have been any number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given the news of X-23 becoming the All New Wolverine Post Secret Wars, I would love to refer back to the original hero replacement: Ben Reilly.

I mean we all knew his time as Peter's replacement, right ?

We all knew his adventures as Spidey. Right ?

Doesn't anyone remember when Ben Reilly, the clone of Spider-man, became Spider-man ?
    He "officially" became Spider-Man (and not just Scarlet Spider) in the spider titles cover-dated Jan 1996.

iMan 42s

I remember Reilly. A lot could be avoided in spider lore with him. It makes unmasking have a scapegoat, easy drama, easily created villains via Jackal, and instant satellite title.

Yeah I remember Reilly. I also seem to remember hearing about how Marvel tried to make him the real Peter Parker or at another point trying to phase Peter out for Ben. With X-23 in the modern day where Marvel is for the most part financially secure it probably won't be a big deal. Still the board will probably light up with people unable to accept change and make the return all the quicker because it isn't there wolverine despite the other charaecter still being around and still relevant to Marvel' s interest.

The same concept applies here like with Ben but I hope X-23 and her fans don't get the same treatment as Ben fans once this is all said and done.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

The title of this thread is somewhat right to me.

616 Ben Reilly the clone of 616 Peter Parker, was indeed the hero replacement of 616 Spider-Man

counterpart of 616 Laura Kinney clone DAUGHTER of 616 Wolverine, just like 616 Longshot is the clone SON of 616 Benjamin Russell the bi-sexual Shatterstar is indeed the hero replacement of 616 Wolverine.

Unlike 616 Ben Reily, the counterpart of 616 X-23 will also probably have a father-daughter relationship with 616 Wolverine's counterpart Old Man Logan.
    To me, that is nice.

BANNED

Yea, but the relationships were different. Ben's and Peter's relationship was hard to describe. Not to mention that him taking up the mantle felt unnatural. I view Logan and Laura as father and daughter, and because they developed that relationship it made her taking up the Wolverine mantle very natural.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Yea, but the relationships were different. Ben's and Peter's relationship was hard to describe. Not to mention that him taking up the mantle felt unnatural. I view Logan and Laura as father and daughter, and because they developed that relationship it made her taking up the Wolverine mantle very natural.
    Yeah, but given their attitude and histories towards each other, it would also make Logan and Laura's relationship a bit complex.

BANNED

Yeah, but given their attitude and histories towards each other, it would also make Logan and Laura's relationship a bit complex.
    Complex? Maybe, but their relationship is still more easily defined that Peter's and Ben's.

Given the news of X-23 becoming the All New Wolverine Post Secret Wars, I would love to refer back to the original hero replacement: Ben Reilly.
    Actually, there were a few characters who replaced Steve Rogers as Captain America in stories written prior to the introduction of Spider-Clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, there were a few characters who replaced Steve Rogers as Captain America in stories written prior to the introduction of Spider-Clone.
    I think what I meant was the original CLONE hero replacement in Ben Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Complex? Maybe, but their relationship is still more easily defined that Peter's and Ben's.
    Ben and Peter came to see themselves as brothers. Nothing difficult to define there.

And yeah, I still remember Ben. He's still my favorite comic book character of all time.

Not sure there's really much to say, though, regarding X-23 replacing Logan as Wolverine in comparison to Ben replacing Peter as Spidey. Maybe Marvel will be more successful this time?

-Pav, who misses the original Scarlet suit...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I think what I meant was the original CLONE hero replacement in Ben Reilly.
    Probably, but it's sloppy not to say it if that's what was intended.

Or, the poster could be one of those who thinks anything that happened in comic books before they started reading qualifies as "ancient history".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Ben and Peter came to see themselves as brothers. Nothing difficult to define there.

And yeah, I still remember Ben. He's still my favorite comic book character of all time.

Not sure there's really much to say, though, regarding X-23 replacing Logan as Wolverine in comparison to Ben replacing Peter as Spidey. Maybe Marvel will be more successful this time?

-Pav, who misses the original Scarlet suit...
    Exactly! I also miss the original Scarlet suit

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Probably, but it's sloppy not to say it if that's what was intended.

Or, the poster could be one of those who thinks anything that happened in comic books before they started reading qualifies as "ancient history".
    or it could be that the poster's command of english isn't as good as yours. it's the www after all.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    or it could be that the poster's command of english isn't as good as yours. it's the www after all.
    I don't know if leaving out a key word would be quite as likely to happen if English isn't a first language, though.