Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man Max

BANNED

Default Spider-Man Max

Would a series like that be something you would like?

I don't know what that is so I can't really say whether I would like it or not.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I don't know what that is so I can't really say whether I would like it or not.
    I believe he's referring to the Marvel MAX line of comics for "mature audiences," like Alias (which launched Jessica Jones) and Punisher.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Many, many years ago i brought up this idea. I mentioned having Peter actually age in real time and also have him be married and have a child and retain the Max quality at the same time. I was shot down real quick.

I think with the right pitch, a project like this could be really special. But I wouldn't hold my breath. Marvel has, for very understandable reasons, been very forthcoming in saying we won't see such a thing.

I don't think the spirit of the Spider-Man mythos fits the Max description, unlike, say Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I believe he's referring to the Marvel MAX line of comics for "mature audiences," like Alias (which launched Jessica Jones) and Punisher.
    Oh well definitely not then, I don't see any need for it aside from a prospective that appeals to certain fans who may want to see some "T and A" from MJ or see Peter Parker acting out of character by dropping the "F-bomb" or other choice swear words.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Oh well definitely not then, I don't see any need for it aside from a prospective that appeals to certain fans who may want to see some "T and A" from MJ or see Peter Parker acting out of character by dropping the "F-bomb" or other choice swear words.
    Or ripping someone's face off, a la Kaine.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think the spirit of the Spider-Man mythos fits the Max description, unlike, say Punisher.
    Back in black was pretty hardcore for a spiderman title.

Peters said the f word before. In ultimate spiderman i believe, it wouldnt be ooc to cuss.

iMan 42s

Spider-man can be mature without having to resort to swearing or heavy violence. Max based off of what I understood was that it was more uncensored rather than a playground for hyperviolence and swearing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Spider-man can be mature without having to resort to swearing or heavy violence. Max based off of what I understood was that it was more uncensored rather than a playground for hyperviolence and swearing.
    No. It was pretty much hyper violence and swearing. Lots of swearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or ripping someone's face off, a la Kaine.
    I thought Kaine was just being playful and giving his friends makeovers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I have seen marvel zombie spiderman with peter killing with tons of gore scenes, i really want to see the character get r rated for a change where kids literlly cant see this guy with there parents anymore.

It would also make spiderman fill a niche for adult fans who get tiredof the same satus quo of spiderman being a unlucky smoe who never learns and acts like a kid.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 03-13-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Peter does not have to be vulgar and swear. In fact, this version of MAX could be different because the most vulgar thing to do with Peter would be to have him be successful, have a wife and children and still be spider-man. all of that is too much for spider-man fans and therefore the most vulgar spider-man and most vulgar MAX book to date.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Peter does not have to be vulgar and swear. In fact, this version of MAX could be different because the most vulgar thing to do with Peter would be to have him be successful, have a wife and children and still be spider-man. all of that is too much for spider-man fans and therefore the most vulgar spider-man and most vulgar MAX book to date.
    OMG best post ever. To use a Pro Wrestling term I marked out big time while reading this lol. The vulgarest Spider-Man is an emotionally stable, successful, contented Spider-Man who has finally grown up. Damn, that was clever.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-13-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."