Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is true?

Question This is true?

Today I found that:

http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/91120049

>Dark Days and Snyder's Metal event will bring in characters from the multiverse and past timelines
    >story is that there's a rift in time, and alternate (and evil) versions of characters will try to take over prime earth for themselves
    >big status quo changes coming
    >characters from other universes that will remain on prime earth: power girl, a bunch of speedsters, mar'i grayson, lady blackhawk, and (yes, for real) superboy prime
    >in september, every book will have a special one-shot that transitions the timeline one year forward

new books (not all have creative teams yet):

>Justice Society - with Power Girl, Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Johnny Thunder, Red Tornado, Dan Abnett will be writing
    >Legion, written by James Tynion
    >Speed Force - yes, a Wally book, with Jesse Quick, Max Mercury, and Impulse (Bart Allen from another timeline), written and drawn by Brett Booth
    >Outsiders - led by Red Robin, will feature other characters freed from Oz's prison
    >World's Finest - team-up book with a different Batfamily and Superfamily character every month, written by Tim Seeley
    >Shazam/Cyborg - team-up written by John Semper, Cyborg solo will be canceled
    >Checkmate, written by Tom King

major changes/storylines:

>Detective Comics roster will see Batman, Batwoman, Azrael, and Batwing return. New members will be Duke, Harper, and Anarky (!). Clayface will have retired during the timeskip
    >Nightwing will be recruited by Spyral to search for Mar'i Grayson
    >Burnside Batgirl is over, Rebirth sales were poor. Barbara will go back to being Oracle, she'll have a heroic sacrifice in Metal and be back in the wheelchair, both Batgirl books will be canceled and relaunched
    >Batgirls, with Barbara (as Oracle) mentoring both Stephanie and Cassandra as new Batgirls, written by Genevieve Valentine
    >Birds of Prey, with Oracle, Canary, Huntress, and Zinda, same writers as before
    >Red Hood, Artemis, and Bizarro will split up, and the latter two will return to Wonder Woman and Action Comics, respectively. Red Hood will be relaunched as a solo series, Lobdell still writing

>Green Lanterns will go monthly, same team
    >Hal Jordan and the GLC will relaunch as just Green Lantern Corps, with Hal leading
    >Kyle is dead, having sacrificed himself during Metal
    >new monthly Yellow Lanterns will feature John Stewart and Soranik, Cullen Bunn is writing

>Superwoman will be canceled
    >Superboy Prime will be featured in Superman, and Clark will try to redeem him
    >Martian Manhunter will be the leader of JLA. Dark Days will reveal that the "Batman" leading the team is actually J'onn in disguise

>Blue Beetle is cancelled, will join Teen Titans
    >Cheshire will return in Titans to torment Roy Harper
    >In Deathstroke, Slade Wilson has disappeared, Rose will take up the Deathstroke mantle and try to find him

Consequences of the button and AC 976? OR THE DREAMS OF ONE FAN AND ALL IS FAKE? In the past I found here the solicitations... I donīt know about this place..

DAMNIT... I LIKED RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS.. DUKE AND HARPER IN DETECTIVE COMICS?

This BATGIRLS is like a DREAM for me...
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-29-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Reads like someone's trolling that board.
    Or reading tea leaves.

However, some (like King on Checkmate, which I even suggested) are good ideas.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I figured that... but..

Even if I am inexpert in DC... After what happened in AC 976 and the button, I think that the universe can change completely.

However... The Red Hood change is stupid.. They are the best Outlaws.. Bizarro en AC.. For work for Luthor again?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Hmmm.

I really doubt DC will put Babs back in that chair so, no, probably not true.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Hmmm.

I really doubt DC will put Babs back in that chair so, no, probably not true.
    Maybe this is too crazy to be true..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-29-2017 at 01:59 AM.

BANNED

As awesome as many of those ideas sound, the idea of Brett Booth both writing and drawing the Speed Force book completely destroyed my interest in it being true. Please, God, no.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Obviously, I don't know if any of this is true, and have no idea how we could find out aside from the good ol' "Wait and see" approach.

A lot of it sounds really good to me, so I'd be pretty happy if most of it ends up happening.

The one thing that gives me pause, however, is the idea of putting Barbara back in the wheel chair. DC has been pretty dogged in their efforts to make Barbara into the "one true Batgirl." It just seems strange that they would abandon that initiative in this fashion.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Superboy Prime being redeemed? Nah it's fake.

(I hope)

penetrator of things

putting Cullen Bun on a book after his previous massacre is just awful
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Reads like someone's trolling that board.
    Or reading tea leaves.

However, some (like King on Checkmate, which I even suggested) are good ideas.
    This is basically how I feel. Some of these ideas are super solid, but not all of them.

Batgirls would be a dream, and was already hinted by Simone though.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yeah, this definitely doesn't sound true, especially given the Barbara stuff. I don't think DC wants to muck up the universe too much with alt universe characters like Superboy Prime yet, not until the Mr. Oz stuff starts to fully culminate.

Anyway, getting King back on another spy book would be fantastic. While I'd personally like more of an Superman character focused anthology book, World's Finest being a Bat/Super team up book would be a good way to use those Superman characters that probably won't have books for much longer, and could give us some interesting team ups(Batwoman/Lana Lang, Tim Drake/Kenan Kong, Clayface/Atomic Skull). I think splitting up the Outlaws this soon would be a bad idea, I'm not opposed to it eventually going to just a Red Hood solo but we've barely scratched the surface with this group yet.

This sounds like a bunch of wishful thinking. LOL
    Some of the changes I'd really love, like Martian Manhunter replacing Batman in JLA, Hal Jordan & GLC getting a name change, new Legion, JSA and Outsiders books etc, but very few of them seem likely (besides new LoSH and JSA).

Spectacular Member

There's like a 1% chance that some promotional materials leaked and this is true. Otherwise its wishful thinking. Even some editors wouldn't know all of this stuff because they are only made aware of whats happening with their books. There are very few people at DC who would know both the publishing schedule of Green Lanterns and the creative team for a new speedster book and they don't hangout on 4chan generally.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

To be honest, a "One Year Later: Redux" doesn't sound like that bad of an idea either...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

OK... 100% FAKE.. For that I put this tittle.. I doubted about this..

The end of burnside and the BATGILS was too good to be true...
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-29-2017 at 06:07 AM.