Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I see Marvel making an Incredibles comic being far more likely then just shoving them into the Marvel universe to replace the FF.

I mean, would Disney even sign off on that ?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No they are not.

General audiences do not CARE if Johnny Storm was black nor Sue Storm being played by Jessica Alba. Alba's film made a billion dollars. Jordan's movie was hampered by Fox and crybaby comic book nerds who cherry pick rage.
    You can't scream respect the source material when other films have not followed them-especially Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Batman vs Superman, Captain America, Thor and others.

It is not general audiences calling for boycotts nor violence (like shooting up theaters) towards movies like FF. Nobody cared about FF until that movie started casting. The same folks screaming and complaining never touched the comic book. Now that they are gone-suddenly folks want to care. They were called dull, boring and everything else in the book.

If X-Men fans were really mad at Marvel-I should not see any X-Men related book selling.
    Well, I don't disagree with you, but you can't deny after the Fox movies and the fact Marvel don't have access about all the resources of the F4, that not easy for them, I mean they can't exploit the franchise like they wish, the general audience is already tired to have seen these movies, see the box office of the last F4 movies; it's a complicated situation, why Marvel don't have tried to make a new Ghost Rider if it was not because of the audiences fatigue with the previous movies ?

The X-men fans buy the x-men comics because they are fans, but they take all their time to destroy the reputation of Marvel (if they deserve that or not it's another debate); they hate the MCU, maybe it's a vocal minority, I don't know, but that clear that Marvel is not a in good situation and have a poor reputation in the media because of that, for me to cut directly is more logical that let the hate spread like that; it's like today we have two Marvel, two separate entities for movies, with the same logo and Fox can keep the things like that forever.

I really don't understand how Marvel have accepted the deal with the tv show, specially after the Quicksilver fiasco, they clearly have gained nothing from them (just some money), the tv show are not set in the MCU; no F4, no fox characters for them, no crossover with fox franchises; the mutants fans hate them more than forever, everybody seem to wish their lost, so why continue like that ? they should simply replaces them with "clones" from the 90's Image comics for the mutants or the Incredibles for the F4, that shouldn't be worst that today; and they could use these characters in every media.

We should understand something, the comics is no more for Marvel the main source of profits, they can stop publishing comics, specially the monthly comics, without too much consequences, the comics sales are bad since 20 years.
    Last edited by Bolo; 03-13-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

If Marvel ever does this...

They should do it. The Incredibles are the more interesting and dynamic team/family anyway.

*triggers people, flies away, laughs like a supervillain in his secret hideout while coming up with evil plans*
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

maybe they could meet in a crossover and see what they make of each other like DC is doing with its heroes meeting the loony toons characters but they just can't replace ff just as the ff dont fit in their world. a visitation would be the best course for both.

i want to see The U-Foes try to be heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    A random thought i had yesterday. The Incredibles, as we all know, are the only good Fantastic Four type movie despite not being the Fantastic Four. And given Disney has the rights to the Incredibles, should they be introduced in the Marvel comics universe as a potential replacement for the void left by the Fantastic Four?
    How would that work as a story? Would it be a normal crossover and ends with them being stranded in the 616?

BANNED

I'd love to see an Incredibles comic, and even maybe a crossover. But replacing the FF? No.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i want to see The U-Foes try to be heroes.
    They did.....sort of.....when Norman Osborn was in charge of the Avengers Initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    They did.....sort of.....when Norman Osborn was in charge of the Avengers Initiative.
    we didn't really get to see it. The U-Foes are a family unit. we don't get to see much of it, though (except in that Spider-Man Breakout mini).

Nah. I'd rather have an All-New Fantastic Four with Ghost Rider (Reyes), Chulk, Wolverine (Laura) and Silk.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

As much as they get compared by people who don't seem to really enjoy anything FF, I have to wonder if there really is much crossover appeal in a big way.

There's Incredibles fans. There's FF fans. There are people who like both for different reasons, but other than "there's four main ones, and they're a family," there's not anything in common. God, the plot has more in common with Watchmen, than it does with anything Fantastic Four. Not that I'd mind if they swapped out recent Watchmen-related stuff for Incredibles' characters, instead. But, that's a whole other kettle.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    As much as they get compared by people who don't seem to really enjoy anything FF, I have to wonder if there really is much crossover appeal in a big way.

There's Incredibles fans. There's FF fans. There are people who like both for different reasons, but other than "there's four main ones, and they're a family," there's not anything in common. God, the plot has more in common with Watchmen, than it does with anything Fantastic Four. Not that I'd mind if they swapped out recent Watchmen-related stuff for Incredibles' characters, instead. But, that's a whole other kettle.
    Thing > Bob
    Susan > Violet
    Torch/Franklin > Jack Jack
    Reed > Helen

They're literally the same characters with their family roles swapped, it's why the meme exists that Disney have showed how to make a good Fantastic Four movie because they made The Incredibles already.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Thing > Bob
    Susan > Violet
    Torch/Franklin > Jack Jack
    Reed > Helen

They're literally the same characters with their family roles swapped, it's why the meme exists that Disney have showed how to make a good Fantastic Four movie because they made The Incredibles already.
    Uh huh.

So, no one has the same powers, really, except the stretchy one, and none of them have the same personalities, and none of them have the same dynamics, but they're... the same.

Again, I can't see that coming out of anything but a) ignorance or b) stretching. Really stretching.

None of those characters behave anything like the each other. Bob is not in any way, in personality or personal dynamics, like the Thing. He's just a big guy.

Violet really isn't much like any version of the Invisible Woman, either in persona or in her personal dynamics with other characters.

Jack Jack is... a fast kid. Torch is a young adult who lights himself on fire.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Invincible Member

I'm not sure what the point in replacing the FF with the Incredibles would be. Movie rights? Why not make movies with other characters then...which is exactly what they're doing.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing an Incredibles/FF team up comic. I'd get Kurt Busiek to write it. I'm not sure who could do the art...Marc Bagley? Alan Davis? It'd have to be someone with an old school feel.