Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Also, he does have a point; "knowing" and "proving it" are two entirely different things.
    Yea, but some will perhaps be wondering (when they shouldn't so much) why more don't go after Bruce (and the Manor and the fam) personally more, more upping the ante there (is everyone gonna have to presume every villain doesn't really "care" about Bruce and are just preoccupied with his role as Batman and etc?). I love Snyder and Morrison and etc, but you can have too much erosion of Batman's secret ID, a classic comic book convention.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-16-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Although, I don't believe that Tetch knew Batman is Bruce, and it was all in Batman's head, I do agree with you here.
    On twitter yesterday, Snyder said: Attachment 46717
    which might rub some people the wrong way, but it is kinda bad ass. Also, he does have a point; "knowing" and "proving it" are two entirely different things.
    And that's a decent enough explanation, if that's what he wants to go with. The problem is the answer exists on Snyder's twitter account, not in anywhere in the actual stories he has written.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Snyder did mention Ra's is coming up in All Star on Twitter. And we haven't seen him yet.
    So I'm guessing Catwoman and Ra's together are for next issue, and to close out this arc?

I'm definitely curious to see Snyder's take on them, particularly Selina.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Usually Bruce just wallops Dick with his fists and knuckles--clobbering him with a flamingo is very creative.
    It's certainly a 1st. Good to see they are getting creative

BANNED

I feel like Snyder was trying to accomplish more than he was capable of with this issue. He had a couple good moments of surrealism in his main run, but it kind of fell flat here. I think the problem was lack of a satisfying resolution to the insanity. The opening scene with the Blackhawks was probably the best part.

And the girl in the backup was more charismatic and likable than the supposed "star" if the backup. I have the feeling every other We Are Robin kid is more deserving of a push than the one who's actually getting one.

Duke reminds me of Miles from Spiderman, they are not bad but not that distinct.

I'd be cool with the WAR kids popping up here and there like Barbara try and mentor Riko. If Snyder ever does something with Joe Chill Dax has to be in that story.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Duke reminds me of Miles from Spiderman, they are not bad but not that distinct.
    Ugh. Duke is nothing like Miles at all
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, me too (and I just suspect Snyder did want to tackle Ra's in his time on Batman, as many writers like to offer a Ra's story given he's such a huge and popular rogue, especially since Begins). If you're taking that "&" to perhaps mean a villain team up, while that could indeed be the case, I would doubt it given where Selina is at now.
    Yeah your probably right, but doesn't All Star exist in a different time period than the main books...I kinda feel like it was in between Bloom and I Am Gotham ...Or u might have more clarity on that?
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Good issue, as always I like the choice of gadgets Snyder uses, this must be the most badass use a flamingo ever written and a good reason to use capes.

I also liked the backup pages, it's nice to see the WAR was not forgotten, I just wish the others would show up too, they could form a surprisingly strong support cast for his solo adventures. And this point I don't even care for a name anymore, he is Duke, period.

While this is the usual Batman on acid trip story, I enjoy it very much. The art by Camuncoli is nice and getting insanity angle quite well. I reread it after reading Snyder's interview. The issue actually has Batman starting to use "you" instead of "I" when he started to question his own sanity.

The Duke backup is ok. So he's probably be some early bird and work in the daylight right?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I'd be cool with the WAR kids popping up here and there like Barbara try and mentor Riko. If Snyder ever does something with Joe Chill Dax has to be in that story.
    Duke is not even on the same PLANET as Miles.

Miles has dealt with more in 6 years than every DC teen put together.

Miles took on Doom, Green Goblin & Venom. ALONE.

Call me when Duke takes on the Joker one on one.

And the girl in the backup was more charismatic and likable than the supposed "star" if the backup. I have the feeling every other We Are Robin kid is more deserving of a push than the one who's actually getting one.
    Despite being promoted as a Duke book-it was really about the others.

I would say the Aisan girl-who went over to Gotham Academy was the star.

I think she would be great for a Tim Drake or Stephanie Brown book.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Duke is not even on the same PLANET as Miles.

Miles has dealt with more in 6 years than every DC teen put together.

Miles took on Doom, Green Goblin & Venom. ALONE.

Call me when Duke takes on the Joker one on one.
    I feel like every Robin's gotten a one-on-one Joker moment (Jason's the only one I can think of where it really went badly). Either him or Two-Face.

If Duke had Harper Row's tazer, he could probably mow through Batman's Rogues Gallery as easily as Miles takes people down with his Venom Blast .