Default George Perez Appreciation Thread

An appreciation thread for George Perez, one of the people who has done Diana justice.

LOL there's so much I love about the Perez run it's easier to list the things I didn't love.

My favorite part of the Perez' run were the Kapatelis, especially Vanessa's development and how Julia was Diana's family while she was away because I am sentimental :'). Loved the first Silver Swan (post-crisis) and her ending and how it showed Diana's compassion.

Astonishing Member

Yay for Perez! An all-time classic!

I need to reread that run soon.

I loved this era as well.my only wishes was for him to incorporate NUBIA and DONNA TROY into the series sadly it never happened but it was my favorite era of WONDER WOMAN.

Well, Donna and Diana DID meet in the run, they just weren't sisters

Incredible Member

This run is everything wonderful about the character to me. I really am in awe of how George carefully plotted and developed so many returning favorites and new creations. He made Diana someone you could love and look up to without ever being annoyed by her for being boring or too good. She wasn't hip - she was just honest. I'm going to have to reread this sometime because I just don't think we'll see another run like this for a female superheroine ever. This really reads like nothing else DC has ever done since.

Empty is thy hand!

He's still my absolute favorite artist and I love his renditions of any and all characters. I'm a WW fan as well and I've never read his run, but it's definitely on my list and I'm looking forward to it.