View Poll Results: Which ResurrXion Title will sell the most?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Astonishing X-MEN

72 43.37%
  • X-MEN: BLUE

18 10.84%
  • X-MEN: GOLD

43 25.90%
  • Weapon X

1 0.60%
  • Generation X

4 2.41%
  • Jean Grey

6 3.61%
  • Iceman

0 0%
  • Cable

1 0.60%
  • All New Wolverine

6 3.61%
  • Old Man Logan

8 4.82%
  • Other Unannounced ResurrXion

7 4.22%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

-OML has Logan so it will sell well, but I'm not sure how much longer it was last
    - Gold has the most popular characters
    -Astonishing is probably the most appealing team book to a lot of comic fans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Really? OML sells well granted. But i see no proof that Rogue sells more then Psylocke or Gambit, being used more does not automatically = sells more.
    Rogue is definitely a bigger character these days than Gambit...Psylocke is always around though.

BANNED

I think Gold and Astonishing have a similar degree of star power, it's mainly just big in the 80s vs big in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Rogue is definitely a bigger character these days than Gambit...Psylocke is always around though.
    As much as it pains me to admit this, this is most likely true Rogue has had a ton of exposure and development while gambit had Limbo... Luckily Rogue is awesome and should pull some to this book and I love the character... Still love me some Gambit though so I'll take what I get.
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 03-15-2017 at 04:23 AM.

I think all team books will do ok to good/great. I'd rank them in this order:

1-Astonishing( Soule being the writer really puts me off this book,though)
    2- Gold
    3- Blue
    4- Weapon X
    5- Generation X( Hope this book find its following)

As for solos, I can't really say. But I really want all of them to be good sellers, because I don't see Marvel giving these characters another shot at solos ever again if they fail. Really looking forward to Jean and Bobby's solos.
    Last edited by Warund; 03-15-2017 at 06:46 AM.

I think we'll see more solos unless the entire crop faceplants out the gate, and the only one I recall doing so in anything like recent memory is SWORD (possibly because it wasn't marketed as having close ties to the X-Men books). Marvel knows that most of these books are destined for two trades, then a wrap. If they get a happy anomaly like Bunn's Magneto solo, awesome, but they'll be planning accordingly otherwise.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I'm curious how Blue will do compared to the others. ANXM sold reasonably well regardless of a lot of the hate for the 05 and Bunn is the best writer on the X-Books (in my own opinion), plus its continuing his stellar run with Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What are you talking about? The O5 are working on their own with Magneto. The two books(Gold and Blue) are not connected.
    I feel like you didnt even read my post here Wiccan... I said specifically, that I KNOW they arent ACTUALLY connected in story. What i meant was that they are associated by title. Please re-read.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    As much as it pains me to admit this, this is most likely true Rogue has had a ton of exposure and development while gambit had Limbo... Luckily Rogue is awesome and should pull some to this book and I love the character... Still love me some Gambit though so I'll take what I get.
    Annoying part about this is, we still don't know who's a steady part of this book and who'll just be in it from time to time. It's kind of ridiculous and tells me, Marvel didn't really have this book in the original slate. By this time, after the first slate of books were announced we had a lot more info. It's been two weeks since we got a cover and we don't even know the roster.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Should be Astonishing but who knows? Soule does not seem to get the XMEN, and IvX proved he thinks minorities who rebel against the establishment are bad people.

He also seems to love trolling x-fans, and with all the hate he's received via IvX, he might troll us even harder.

However, if Bunn had that cast, I'd expect it to be one of the highest selling Marvel books while also receiving acclaim.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Annoying part about this is, we still don't know who's a steady part of this book and who'll just be in it from time to time. It's kind of ridiculous and tells me, Marvel didn't really have this book in the original slate. By this time, after the first slate of books were announced we had a lot more info. It's been two weeks since we got a cover and we don't even know the roster.
    Agree with this 100%. I think Astonishing X-Men was a last minute pitch in response to the rather lackluster reaction of the initial ResurrXion titles. In the new video posted by Marvel to promote these new titles, Astonishing X-Men was the only book without any sneak peek of the panels, just like how we have yet to see the corner box art as well. Also, I stated this in the Romy thread but I think Duggan had to retract the whole Deadpool/Rogue thing that he has been hyping up from the start maybe because of the sudden decision to place her in AXM with Remy, which probably explains why she didn't appear in his Valentines issue despite the official solicits. And the fact that it's a cast and not a team tells me that some, if not most of the characters are just appearing for certain arcs and I'm pretty sure Rogue doesn't have a huge role in this title either, the cover is probably just a bait and switch. I'm saying this mainly because she's still central in Uncanny Avengers (ugh enough with the Avengers **** and just come back) post Secret Empire and I honestly don't think they'll be giving her two important roles simultaneously (I mean, it's not like she's Old Man Logan or something). If anything, I think the regular characters in AXM would probably be Betsy, Warren, Bishop and Remy.

BANNED

I don't think Astonishing was a last minute thing. They plan these comics WAY in advanced. For them to be releasing Astonishing in July, means they were planning it already before reactions to the first wave of announcements came out. And yeah they didn't have previews because it's the only one that doesn't come out til July. Iceman barely had one preview in there I think, and that was the first comic announced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I don't think Astonishing was a last minute thing. They plan these comics WAY in advanced. For them to be releasing Astonishing in July, means they were planning it already before reactions to the first wave of announcements came out. And yeah they didn't have previews because it's the only one that doesn't come out til July. Iceman barely had one preview in there I think, and that was the first comic announced.
    I think that we have this book only because Marvel Now 2 is not very popular with people. Marvel and DC sold equal number of books in fabuary. Avengers, Champions and most of new books have some problems in diamond comics. They even sent free X-men books in January.

Marvel made some changes to many books involved with Secret Empire. All issues of UA in this year (19,20,21) were delayed. Cap America Steve Rogers was delayed.

I know that they plan in advance but sometimes they need to make changes. I think that strong Rebirth and weak Marvel Now forced Marvel to increase X-men books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That's not really what he said. He said he doesn't want the stories to be bogt d down in too much continuity, so new readers can't understand what's going on. That might end up meaning he ignores continuity or it might mean, he just won't spend a lot of dialogue explaining past stories.
    Here is the tweet.

https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...36348475752448

You want it more clear than that? It's fine for me to make something accesible to new readers, the first Astonishing did it, but Whedon got the characters right. Soule probably never read an X-men comic, IvX proves it.
    Last edited by lollie_poppy; 03-17-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Agree with this 100%. I think Astonishing X-Men was a last minute pitch in response to the rather lackluster reaction of the initial ResurrXion titles. In the new video posted by Marvel to promote these new titles, Astonishing X-Men was the only book without any sneak peek of the panels, just like how we have yet to see the corner box art as well. Also, I stated this in the Romy thread but I think Duggan had to retract the whole Deadpool/Rogue thing that he has been hyping up from the start maybe because of the sudden decision to place her in AXM with Remy, which probably explains why she didn't appear in his Valentines issue despite the official solicits. And the fact that it's a cast and not a team tells me that some, if not most of the characters are just appearing for certain arcs and I'm pretty sure Rogue doesn't have a huge role in this title either, the cover is probably just a bait and switch. I'm saying this mainly because she's still central in Uncanny Avengers (ugh enough with the Avengers **** and just come back) post Secret Empire and I honestly don't think they'll be giving her two important roles simultaneously (I mean, it's not like she's Old Man Logan or something). If anything, I think the regular characters in AXM would probably be Betsy, Warren, Bishop and Remy.
    I'm with you on this too little info and lots of subtle changes hints this is being shoe horned in. I don't have much expectation about Gambit or Rogue in this book esp with comments Zub is making around Rogue and Johnny. I think it's just a bid to get numbers and a hail Mary that it sticks. Duggan looks like he had to compromise a few things through this run due to feedback. UA9 felt forced, disappearance of Rogue from his valentines Deadpool. He gave a subtle FU to Gambit fans setting up expectations for the defeat of the skull saying Gambit offered his axe. The Deadpool go fetch Mags and Gambit panel and hint at Gambit in the solicits to be hit with a bait and switch no show again. I think he is starting to hate the character for influencing his story in unwanted ways. And his answer seems a quiet and denialable FU by messing with expectations. Starting to not appreciate his antics.