Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Bleeding Cool spoils Amazing Spider-Man 25 Backup

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...secret-empire/. Seems like Otto will be a part of Hydra. Looks like my theory on Otto using the proto clone to pose as Peter Parker to retake Parker Industries may come true.

Yep, The Superior Spider-Man is back.

Okay sure, he's calling himself the "Superior Octopus" but he's sporting Peter Parker's physique and probably his face too under that mask. Was Clone Conspiracy just supposed to be a sendoff of the classic Doc Ock look before they make him "younger and sleeker?"

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Well, this is um... I don't know exactly what to think of this. It is rather interesting to see Otto siding with Hydra... Or even playing a role at all, I figured he'd be the type of guy who'd think it is all beneath him. LOL

Also, the event is actually tying in to ASM? This is rare, I wonder if Peter will indeed play a larger role on this one.

Ha, I'm glad to hear this news. There's a thread on Reddit asking what the next arc would be after Osborn. I said it would probably be Secret Empire, and someone replied saying ASM definitely wouldn't be tying in. I pointed out that we only have solicits for half the event. And sure enough, this proves me right.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...xt_in/det8hjl/

We did have those teasers with different adjectives (and X-Citing for X-Men), and one of them did say Amazing. So it was easy to see a tie-in coming.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    Well, this is um... I don't know exactly what to think of this. It is rather interesting to see Otto siding with Hydra... Or even playing a role at all, I figured he'd be the type of guy who'd think it is all beneath him. LOL

Also, the event is actually tying in to ASM? This is rare, I wonder if Peter will indeed play a larger role on this one.
    Otto would team up with anyone if it serves his purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    And it's not like his methods haven't been all that different from Hydra's at certain points.

At least now he gets free henchmen .

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

True, he even just did with Ben. Though he probably does think he's above them all. LOL

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    True, he even just did with Ben. Though he probably does think he's above them all. LOL
    I think the Peter in ASM 25 is doc Ock in the proto clone body and will take over Parker Industries while the real Peter Parker is busy fighting Norman Osborn. Kingpin may have been working wit Otto since he is a Hydra agent as well.

BANNED

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...secret-empire/. Seems like Otto will be a part of Hydra. Looks like my theory on Otto using the proto clone to pose as Peter Parker to retake Parker Industries may come true.
    Well, before you call it "your theory', a few people were quick to make that same speculation about Ock - including this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Speaking of Ock, I'm especially fascinated by what's going to happen to him. With Ben, it seems like he's going to carve out whatever new path he wants to be on. But with Ock, revenge on Peter is certainly going to be on his mind. He won't give up on being the Superior Spider-Man so what's his next move?

I suspect that this might be the way that Parker Industries collapses - that Ock will try to infiltrate Peter's life and business and either bring it all crashing down around him or attempt to take it over for himself.

And as for the idea of Ock being a part of Hydra - cool. As someone else noted, Ock will throw in with anyone if it suits his purposes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, before you call it "your theory', a few people were quick to make that same speculation about Ock - including this guy:

And as for the idea of Ock being a part of Hydra - cool. As someone else noted, Ock will throw in with anyone if it suits his purposes.
    Fair enough.

I called it, well along with pretty much everyone else here lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm kind of hoping that after this, even assuming Slott is still on the boo, we get a big break from Doc Ock.

He's practically become the deuteragonist of the book at this point.

I'm actually surprised the main book is going to tie-in to Secret Empire, I had guessed there was going to be a separate mini-book like what Spider-Man got for Civil War II. But that's still cool, interested to see what exactly Ock will do, and how or if Ben Reilly gets involved in all this (either during or after).

BANNED

does Otto get parker industries in hydras secret empire and will be a part of villain uprising or is he going to betray them when their motives do not coincide and try to recruit peters aid as he once did in goblin nation. I think it will be same old same old seeing superior ock vs parker for the umpteenth time so maybe a team up is in order after the obligatory fight.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

The outfit is fine, very Hydra-like.

Don't like the name though, doesn't roll off the tongue and how can he be superior when we don't even have an Octopus to be Superior of like we had Spider-Man?