Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Secret Empire and X-Men Gold

We have a solicit for the X-Men Gold Secret Empire TPB, thanks to Amazon.

X-Men: Gold Vol. 2 Paperback – November 28th $17.99

What does the Secret Empire event have in store for the X-Men? Find out what the new landscape of the Marvel Universe looks like for Kitty, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rachel Grey and Old Man Logan. Will they be able to survive in a world dominated by Hydra?

COLLECTING: X-MEN: GOLD 7-12

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...re-x-men-gold/

I wonder if the other books are part of this as well.

Ugh.. I hate when books tie in to events so early on in their stories. AvX absolutely killed WatXM and Gillen's Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I wonder if the other books are part of this as well.
    I would expect Blue to be. Weapon X definitely isn't, that book is doing a crossover with Totally Awesome Hulk instead.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Default X-men gold will tie into secret empire.

If this article and the trade information for the second volume of X-men gold provided by Amazon is to be believed X-men gold will tie into secret empire and honestly I'm not surprised since guggenhiem did mention how the X-men gold team will have a much bigger and significant role within the rest of the marvel landscape going forward and we already know the X-men will have some sort of involvement in secret empire.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...re-x-men-gold/

BANNED

maybe oml and shadowcat contact cable and go back into past and kill cap before he ushers in secret empire only to usher in the age of red skull. A new crossoer storyline will begin only in all the x books resulting in them being relaunched and x men being kept away from secret empire if marvel goes by past form of including x men in linewide crossovers.lol.

So much for resurrexion, well no thanks, i wont be reading Gold tie ins, i just hope cable and Gen x do no suffer the same fate.

Mighty Member

Good, now I can skip this. Was going to read it for the cast, but knowing it ties in to Spencer's garbage makes it much easier to just not bother. Thanks Marvel!

Niffleheim

Tying to an event at the beginnings of an ongoing is just soooo underwhelming. By the way "much bigger and significant role" translates to "Flagship" which means is where boring resides.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I think that's why they're doing 2 issues a month for the book, so they can have the 5 issues cover the first volume and be out by June so the second volume (and presumably next 4-5 issues) will cover the Secret Empire event.

Why does marvel want these books to fail so bad omg

Gods, that's disappointing.

Feel like Blue may be as well, on account of Bunn's tweets in response to the Magneto controversy.

BANNED

It's double shipping so it will only tie in for 2 months max. Who knows, maybe a political setting like Secret Empire might make this book not look like utter milquetoast.

I mean in the OML universe, it looks like Magneto joins hydra.
    I could be wrong though, but secret empire looks a little bit like the uprising of the super-villains. Just like in the OML universe.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I mean in the OML universe, it looks like Magneto joins hydra.
    I could be wrong though, but secret empire looks a little bit like the uprising of the super-villains. Just like in the OML universe.

Just a bit ?.

To me, it's look like it's going to be "what if Old Man Logan had never killed the X-men".