Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Hey, a spooky ghost girl that tries to kill you is better than dealing with good ol Bruce

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Hey, a spooky ghost girl that tries to kill you is better than dealing with good ol Bruce
    Bad as Bruce is, Steph is the only one who gets to say that. Because while Secret only tried to kill her, Bruce directly caused her death. (Yes I know that was retconned, I don't care. F**k War Games)

For real though, Secret was a great character. I wouldn't want to see her story tarnished, but I wouldn't mind seeing Greta hang out with Cissie and Cassie as a civilian.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'll just have this book dedicated to Conner, Cass, Tim and Bart. Tanya could join later.

My second idea would be like the show making this book a team of youngsters being trained by the justice league. Black Lightning, Red Tornado and Black Canary would be the leaguers to help them.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 03-13-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

The pitch ... well, the cast of characters would be pretty obvious. A holistic hodge-podge of power hitters from both the Young Justice original comic and the Young Justice cartoon show.

The "Big Four" Originals:
    1. Tim Drake. From the Batman Family, brains, leadership, tech guy, Robin # 3.
    2. Cassie Sandsmark. From the Wonder Family. Do something holistic, take elements from her iconic stories, ditch the rest.
    3. Connor Kent. From the Super Family. Probably he'd be the most "canon mystery" element because he's so rooted in the retcon games. Kind of the punk/black leather/tough kid.
    4. Bart Allen. From the Flash Family. Similar to Connor in that there's retcon mysteries, but much simpler to clean up. Diversity note: If Bart is from THAT FAR in the future he should be like ... EVERY mixed race at that point. And because he's a speedster from the future, he should be pansexual, too, so he can have a relationship with just about anybody.

The Important Cartoon Additions:
    5. Tigress. Artemis Crock. Semi/sorta from the Arrow Family. Bring back the Cheshire connection from the show, so that Artemis can be mixed-race Asian.
    6. M'gann M'orzz. Miss Martian. Another female, from the "Mars Family". Subvert expectations with her.
    7. Rotating spot here. Aqualad is on the Teen Titans, Wally is on the Titans, Dick is on the Titans, gotta keep that "middle child group" thing going. So I'm of two minds. We need more diversity because the team is looking a bit "white kids" in spite of Artemis/Tigress. So I'd say either add Bunker, Power Girl II, or Jaime Reyes.

The pitch itself? Well Tim is himself and healthier and more social, but still kind of operates in a Bruce-like way, so he'd probably put this "Not-Titans" team together the same way Bruce built The Outsiders. And so they'd actually operate a LOT like the TV Show Young Justice's "The Team", doing a lot of covert missions, And with Tim, Megan, Tigress, there's good "covert" candidates.

They'd definitely fit into the graduating high school/college freshmen" category of teenager-ness, while the Titans fit the more "college/young adult" mold, and the Teen Titans are more youthful. Foes they would face would be representative of that transitional time of life when you have to start making decisions about what direction you want to aim your life into.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 03-13-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    The pitch ... well, the cast of characters would be pretty obvious. A holistic hodge-podge of power hitters from both the Young Justice original comic and the Young Justice cartoon show.

The "Big Four" Originals:
    1. Tim Drake. From the Batman Family, brains, leadership, tech guy, Robin # 3.
    2. Cassie Sandsmark. From the Wonder Family. Do something holistic, take elements from her iconic stories, ditch the rest.
    3. Connor Kent. From the Super Family. Probably he'd be the most "canon mystery" element because he's so rooted in the retcon games. Kind of the punk/black leather/tough kid.
    4. Bart Allen. From the Flash Family. Similar to Connor in that there's retcon mysteries, but much simpler to clean up. Diversity note: If Bart is from THAT FAR in the future he should be like ... EVERY mixed race at that point. And because he's a speedster from the future, he should be pansexual, too, so he can have a relationship with just about anybody.

The Important Cartoon Additions:
    5. Tigress. Artemis Crock. Semi/sorta from the Arrow Family. Bring back the Cheshire connection from the show, so that Artemis can be mixed-race Asian.
    6. M'gann M'orzz. Miss Martian. Another female, from the "Mars Family". Subvert expectations with her.
    7. Rotating spot here. Aqualad is on the Teen Titans, Wally is on the Titans, Dick is on the Titans, gotta keep that "middle child group" thing going. So I'm of two minds. We need more diversity because the team is looking a bit "white kids" in spite of Artemis/Tigress. So I'd say either add Bunker, Power Girl II, or Jaime Reyes.

The pitch itself? Well Tim is himself and healthier and more social, but still kind of operates in a Bruce-like way, so he'd probably put this "Not-Titans" team together the same way Bruce built The Outsiders. And so they'd actually operate a LOT like the TV Show Young Justice's "The Team", doing a lot of covert missions, And with Tim, Megan, Tigress, there's good "covert" candidates.

They'd definitely fit into the graduating high school/college freshmen" category of teenager-ness, while the Titans fit the more "college/young adult" mold, and the Teen Titans are more youthful. Foes they would face would be representative of that transitional time of life when you have to start making decisions about what direction you want to aim your life into.
    The YJ4 obviously have to be there. And I totally agree with you that Bart should be pansexual. Partially because it just makes sense given his upbringing, but also because, for me, Bart has been a character I relate to more than almost any other, and I'm pansexual, so that connection would be really cool to have.

Like I've said in other posts, Miss M is the cartoon member I could most see joining the group, and I'd only be okay with Artemis taking Arrowette's spot if Cissie was still a supporting character in the book.

Jaime is joining the Teen Titans, and I'm personally hoping Bunker and Powergirl II are never given important roles in anything ever again. If you want a 7th spot, I think it should go to a classic YJ member like Empress or Slo-Bo.

Can't say I'm too big a fan of your pitch, but that's mostly because, much as I still like it, I think the comic is superior to the TV show in just about every way. I don't want to see them on covert ops missions, I want to see them going to other worlds, and playing baseball against a group of aliens, so that Doiby Dickles can become king.

And yes, that really happened, and it was awesome.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The Justice League are the world's premiere superheroes, fighting threats that could well destroy the world or even the universe. The ideal team for me would be Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Jessica Cruz, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, and Cyborg.

The Titans do similar things, though at the same time they are actually more grounded and centered on individual and localized threats. They are, above all else, childhood friends - or family. The ideal team would be Nightwing, Troia, the Flash (Wally), Starfire, Tempest, Omen, and Arsenal. Basically the current team, plus Starfire.

Young Justice are a young super team (around college aged) that have been sanctioned by the League to deal with all kinds of threats when neither the League nor the Titans are available to deal with them. This team is comprised entirely of Leaguer sidekicks, or former sidekicks. Red Robin, Kon-El, Impulse, Wonder Girl, Miss Martian, Power Girl, and Aqualad as the outlier.

The Teen Titans are the group of ragtag misfits who, while having some tangential connections to the League, are ultimately their own thing and they like it that way. They are friends, but they're also still trying to find their places in the world and they want to be their own thing. The team would be Robin, Beast Boy, Raven, Kid Flash, Terra, Blue Beetle, and Red Arrow (Emiko)
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Tim finds out Oz took him off the board because he's acting as a shatter point for a generation of heroes that Oz effectively tired to mutate into something they weren't. Tim manages to get free long enough to futz with Oz's equipment, bringing in his New 52 Teen Titans teammates, but as each one enters, they all experience a weird mental fit as Pre-Flashpoint memories are shoved in their heads. Tim effects their escape, but Superboy, wracked with confusion about who and what he is thanks to the New 52 but knowing he's helping his friends, holds the line to allow everyone to get away, giving him an effective hard reboot compared to them. Tim is a hybrid of his Pre-Flashpoint cowled self with his parents alive but his old history hand-waved into place (just have his parents in WP or injured all those times he's solo). Cassie is a Demi-God, though I'd still have her steal and win some of her powers from Zeus as a sign of teenage rebellion and maturation. Bart escapes the Speed Force as Impulse, now really curious where the heck Max Mercury is since Max helped him survive and thus must be alive as well.

Those four gather afterwards, wanting to reconnect and really curious where Superboy is, since they still remember him as a friend, even though no-one else will. They figure out his timeline's been reset even harder; he's just been created by Cadmus. They bust into Cadmus and free him, so the first thing a reborn Kon knows is that these people are his friends, even if he can't remember them. They are assisted in rescuing him by another Cadmus prisoner, a White Martian Miss Martian. After getting out, they set up their new status quo; since Bart, M'gann and Conner have no homes, they'll live in Happy Harbor's Justice Cave, and Cassie and Tim will stop by and help them get their bearings, with Tim getting permission to run them as a covert team/training squad/babysitting job, since Bart's still crazy and Conner's having to correct his perceptions from his programming.

The bad guys would be all their old foes, though an overriding one would be the Agenda, acting as Light stand-ins, and run by Contess Alexandra, the ex-Mrs. Luthor.

Character ideas:

-M'gann is easily the most enthusiastic about integrating into Happy Harbor's teenager society, though she's a tad bit more modern in her perspectives than she wa sin the show. Cassie acts as her main mentor.

-Bart is defined by his need for stimulation, so he'll go to school and act normal sometimes just because he knows he'll run out of video games eventually. As a character tic, he loves to troll Tim about future pop-culture developments, though Tim can get him to shut up by recommending quality shows he actually hasn't seen.

-Kon is a combination of his 90's personality with his more mellow TV show Season 2 mind. He has all this programmed knowledge, but initially seems kind of foolish in spite of it, and does do weird things like not sleep and watch static Tv... Until Impulse, annoyed by it, starts setting it to "quality" programming, I.e., Professional wrestling and Tim's Wendy the Werewolf Stalker collection. The result makes Kon the modern "jock" character who's still got excellent pop-culture knowledge, and his confidence and generally good taste combine with a growing sneaky cunning to make the old "You're smarter than you look" line about him work. He acts cool, charismatic and calm enough to impress regular people when dressed as a civilian, but he will call for a Tombstone piled River on tougher enemies for fun.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

So here's the pitch I came up with:

Tim, on the brink of losing it after having essentially been kept in solitary for months, is greeted in his cell by Pre-Flashpoint Bart Allen, looking for a lightning rod to get out of the Speed Force much like Wally was back in Rebirth Special. Unfortunately, Tim thinks he's just hallucinating and seeing Bar-Torr, and so Bart disappears. He goes out to all his friends, Connor, Cassie, Cissie, Hell, maybe even let Carol and Preston cameo, but to no avail. So far this seems suspiciously similar to the Rebirth special, and that only continues as the last person he reaches out to is Max Mercury, who, like Barry for Wally, is able to pull him back. Seems like a complete carbon copy, right? Well see, Bart ISN'T Wally. He's gone back to being his old self, albeit a bit more mature, and after seeing the, well, horrible people a lot of the people he cared about have become, Bart isn't willing to just accept this new reality. Bart talks with Max, telling him about the missing 10 years, and being the zen master of the speed force, he helps Bart realize something. When he went to see Cassie, Connor, and even Tim, something was...off. Max says that he's noticed something's been wrong with the world for a long time, and picking up on residue left on Bart from when he exited the Speed Force, they figure out that while the world may have been changed as a whole, some people were changed directly. (Thus explaining how a missing 10 years could somehow change so many characters personalities and origins) Altered. So, Bart, living conduit of the Speed Force that he is, with guidance from Max, uses its power to undo all direct changes made to the universe...at the cost of a lot of his speed, resulting in him being limited to the sound barrier like Jay was for awhile.

With what were fake personalities gone, Connor, Tim, and Cassie are back to their Pre-Flashpoint selves with not a hint of what Lobdell did to them. In the wake of whatever Rebirth brings at its conclusion,Tim, Bart, and Connor decide, screw it, the Teen Titans are being run by a gremlin now, (Probably Tim's words), let's bring back Young Justice. Cassie would join a few issues in, saying she needed some time to adjust, and say, issue 4 or 5, would end with her busting into the HQ and taking charge of things again. Remembering Bart's visit to her, and then later seeing YJ on the news, Arrowette goes to them, and the four are more than happy to welcome her back onto the team, rounding them out.

I'd want those 5 back as their old selves for as long as possible, just hanging out, maybe acting as DC's equivalent to the Champions, with a bit of a more humerous spin, and over time, Slo-Bo, Empress, and Miss Martian would join up as well.

And for the plot...yeah, I'm sticking with the humerous Champions idea.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I know next to nothing about the actual YJ team and comic, but I know some stuff about Tim, Bart and Kon.

First off, I'd ignore everything Lobdell wrote. Make it Dr. Manhattan, Mr. Oz, whatever. It doesn't matter; just ignore it. Fresh start, nobody really remembers that crap past "Tim led a Teen Titans", if even THAT.

I think the YJ3 are definitely needed, especially since their usual roles have been filled in by other people. I think these characters feeling somewhat redundant should actually be embraced, drawing some similarities with the feelings of displacement some teenagers and young adults feel (the young adult thing could actually be the justification for the name)

I'd have Tim (Red Robin) feeling out of place, what with Damian leading the Teen Titans, Duke living in the mansion as Bruce' main sidekick, and feeling unnecessary in Batwoman's boot camp, what with the inclusion of Luke Fox. Have him feel restless with Stephanie Brown, maybe after he tries his "normal" life for a while and realises he wants to help people while being a normal dude. He then decides to try something new and looks into emerging heroes who need some more direction, or just friends, maybe with a snide "let's try this again".

Bart (Impulse) acts the same as his pre-KF days, more focused on fun than anything else, but smart enough to know he's a burden on Wally, who has his own problems, what with the Watchmen fiasco. Max is his guardian but can't be there 24/7 for whatever reason and might be hesitant to bond with Bart as fast as Bart wants, and just can't relate to a modern teen/ya (not sure how old Bart would be; having him as a YA might take away some of his appeal, but a teen would be in a different gen to the others) that well. He tries to be a sidekick to Barry, but finds he just doesn't fit in with Barry and NuWally, nor does he fit in with the older Titans, who have much less patients with him. He just doesn't fit in with the Flash family. Bart just wants some friends (superhero and civilian) outside of the Flash family who can have fun. He has a run-in with Tim and they decide to stay in touch because they both feel redundant.

Maybe would be stuck in the Speed Force as Pre-FP Bart, but unlike Wally, there's really nobody to bring him back. Eventually, Max Mercury (who Joshua Williamson has said he's bringing back) and Wally will manage to find Bart, and he's pulled out by just being able to appeal to Max through Wally's memories of their pre-FP relationship.

Kon (No clue; either he has no superhero name or someone makes up a new one (Idno, maybe recycle Supernova?)) is once again a clone of Superman, Lex Luthor-optional (maybe leave the second doner a mystery, with occasional teases). He's completely new to the world of superheroes, but wants to be a superhero after being inspired by a Supes. After some bumbling heroics, Kon asks Superman for some help, maybe to mentor him. Superman is actually very supportive of the idea, but the entire time, Jon is prominently on-panel, and Kon just figures Superman's giving him time out of pity and will always focus more on Jon. He still maintains a friendship with Supes, but feels like second-best and like a tagalong. He has a run-in with Tim, and Tim figures that, hey, young adults feeling displaced and seeking purpose isn't that weird, maybe I can do something with that.

Cissie (as Arrowette, but maybe Artemis to tie-in with the show (would be weird considering the Amazon Artemis, but this wasn't a problem pre-FP) would be a composite of Cissie and Artemis from Young Justice; Cissie's general motivation, Artemis' parentage and codename. She's still someone who was groomed to be a super-person, but maybe switch it to supervillain, to tie-in with Taskmaster. Still have her as a heroine, if only to spite her supervillain father, but have her questioning if she really wants to be a superheroine or if she;'s just doing it because of her parents (whether because they want her to, or because they don't want her to).

Cassie (Wonder Girl) is a completely fresh start. Have her be a Wonder Girl fan again, and less aggro. Don't immediately show an attraction between her and Kon. She's the one with the best relationship with her "family", but just wants to do her own thing and be more independent. I know nothing about her beyond her parentage and her being aggro post-Graduation Day, so no clue what to really do here.

Chameleon was the Durlan who very briefly appeared in Pfeifer's run. She has a cool aesthetic, and could work as the Miss Martian of the team without having to sue Miss Martian (who I've never really liked). Plus, she brings some more diversity to the group where not EVERYONE is a younger Leaguer, sort of like Hulkling in Young Avengers. Plus, she leaves some possibilities for telling present-day space stories that somehow tie-in with whatever the Legion will be doing.

Maybe Tanya Spears (Power Girl) can be a supporting nerd character. I have zero clue what her backstory is (beyond being Karen's intern or something and getting powers), but given that she's not exactly popular, I don't think anyone would care if the new writer went from scratch and only kept the aesthetic. The only thing I know about her is her introduction had her spouting the "proactive heroes" shtick, which should not be part of her character again.

Stephanie Brown (Spoiler) would be a somewhat frequent guest star, because of Tim and being a fun character who could appear after some intense stories and lighten the mood.

Lorena Marquez (Aquagirl) can rotate in every now and then.

Tonally, I've have it be more fun than the Young Justice cartoon, but not averse to seriousness and drama. I think that's super important, given the always-serious Justice League, the... whatever tone of Titans, and the melodrama of Teen Titans.

Story-wise... the Titans are mostly occupied with their own drama regarding their members, as seems to be the case with the Teen Titans, who are already shaping up to be a team that exists to be attacked, with stories rolling out of that. I say definitely DON'T go that route with Young Justice, and instead have them tackling problems the League can't be bothered to deal with for whatever reason, while also just stumbling into situations that require them that lead into bigger stories. The cast also means you can be versatile with what kinds of stories you tell, from grounded to sci-fi.

For writers, I'd say Kelly Sue DeConnick, Christos Gage, Jeff Loveness or Mark Waid. DeConnick's brief run on Avengers Assemble starring Anya Corazon struck the perfect balance of drama and fun, while doing a good job portraying an up-and-coming heroine. Loveness' Nova is his breakout success, and he does a great job with balancing humour and drama, while also being VERY strong in characterisation and portaying teenage life, albeit early teenage life. Gage is good at writing teens and young adults, particularly at framing typical teen/ya problems in the superhero genre, in a much better way than, say, Dennis Hopeless does with everyday life. While I find Waid's Champions incredibly frustrating in how it approaches social issues (i.e. like a 12-year-old would), it does do a very good job of writing teens.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 03-13-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    I know next to nothing about the actual YJ team and comic, but I know some stuff about Tim, Bart and Kon.

First off, I'd ignore everything Lobdell wrote. Make it Dr. Manhattan, Mr. Oz, whatever. It doesn't matter; just ignore it. Fresh start, nobody really remembers that crap past "Tim led a Teen Titans", if even THAT.

I think the YJ3 are definitely needed, especially since their usual roles have been filled in by other people. I think these characters feeling somewhat redundant should actually be embraced, drawing some similarities with the feelings of displacement some teenagers and young adults feel (the young adult thing could actually be the justification for the name)

I'd have Tim (Red Robin) feeling out of place, what with Damian leading the Teen Titans, Duke living in the mansion as Bruce' main sidekick, and feeling unnecessary in Batwoman's boot camp, what with the inclusion of Luke Fox. Have him feel restless with Stephanie Brown, maybe after he tries his "normal" life for a while and realises he wants to help people while being a normal dude. He then decides to try something new and looks into emerging heroes who need some more direction, or just friends, maybe with a snide "let's try this again".

Bart (Impulse) acts the same as his pre-KF days, more focused on fun than anything else, but smart enough to know he's a burden on Wally, who has his own problems, what with the Watchmen fiasco. Max is his guardian but can't be there 24/7 for whatever reason and might be hesitant to bond with Bart as fast as Bart wants, and just can't relate to a modern teen/ya (not sure how old Bart would be; having him as a YA might take away some of his appeal, but a teen would be in a different gen to the others) that well. He tries to be a sidekick to Barry, but finds he just doesn't fit in with Barry and NuWally, nor does he fit in with the older Titans, who have much less patients with him. He just doesn't fit in with the Flash family. Bart just wants some friends (superhero and civilian) outside of the Flash family who can have fun. He has a run-in with Tim and they decide to stay in touch because they both feel redundant.

Maybe would be stuck in the Speed Force as Pre-FP Bart, but unlike Wally, there's really nobody to bring him back. Eventually, Max Mercury (who Joshua Williamson has said he's bringing back) and Wally will manage to find Bart, and he's pulled out by just being able to appeal to Max through Wally's memories of their pre-FP relationship.

Kon (No clue; either he has no superhero name or someone makes up a new one (Idno, maybe recycle Supernova?)) is once again a clone of Superman, Lex Luthor-optional (maybe leave the second doner a mystery, with occasional teases). He's completely new to the world of superheroes, but wants to be a superhero after being inspired by a Supes. After some bumbling heroics, Kon asks Superman for some help, maybe to mentor him. Superman is actually very supportive of the idea, but the entire time, Jon is prominently on-panel, and Kon just figures Superman's giving him time out of pity and will always focus more on Jon. He still maintains a friendship with Supes, but feels like second-best and like a tagalong. He has a run-in with Tim, and Tim figures that, hey, young adults feeling displaced and seeking purpose isn't that weird, maybe I can do something with that.

Cissie (as Arrowette, but maybe Artemis to tie-in with the show (would be weird considering the Amazon Artemis, but this wasn't a problem pre-FP) would be a composite of Cissie and Artemis from Young Justice; Cissie's general motivation, Artemis' parentage and codename. She's still someone who was groomed to be a super-person, but maybe switch it to supervillain, to tie-in with Taskmaster. Still have her as a heroine, if only to spite her supervillain father, but have her questioning if she really wants to be a superheroine or if she;'s just doing it because of her parents (whether because they want her to, or because they don't want her to).

Cassie (Wonder Girl) is a completely fresh start. Have her be a Wonder Girl fan again, and less aggro. Don't immediately show an attraction between her and Kon. She's the one with the best relationship with her "family", but just wants to do her own thing and be more independent. I know nothing about her beyond her parentage and her being aggro post-Graduation Day, so no clue what to really do here.

Chameleon was the Durlan who very briefly appeared in Pfeifer's run. She has a cool aesthetic, and could work as the Miss Martian of the team without having to sue Miss Martian (who I've never really liked). Plus, she brings some more diversity to the group where not EVERYONE is a younger Leaguer, sort of like Hulkling in Young Avengers. Plus, she leaves some possibilities for telling present-day space stories that somehow tie-in with whatever the Legion will be doing.

Maybe Tanya Spears (Power Girl) can be a supporting nerd character. I have zero clue what her backstory is (beyond being Karen's intern or something and getting powers), but given that she's not exactly popular, I don't think anyone would care if the new writer went from scratch and only kept the aesthetic. The only thing I know about her is her introduction had her spouting the "proactive heroes" shtick, which should not be part of her character again.

Stephanie Brown (Spoiler) would be a somewhat frequent guest star, because of Tim and being a fun character who could appear after some intense stories and lighten the mood.

Lorena Marquez (Aquagirl) can rotate in every now and then.

Tonally, I've have it be more fun than the Young Justice cartoon, but not averse to seriousness and drama. I think that's super important, given the always-serious Justice League, the... whatever tone of Titans, and the melodrama of Teen Titans.

Story-wise... the Titans are mostly occupied with their own drama regarding their members, as seems to be the case with the Teen Titans, who are already shaping up to be a team that exists to be attacked, with stories rolling out of that. I say definitely DON'T go that route with Young Justice, and instead have them tackling problems the League can't be bothered to deal with for whatever reason, while also just stumbling into situations that require them that lead into bigger stories. The cast also means you can be versatile with what kinds of stories you tell, from grounded to sci-fi.

For writers, I'd say Kelly Sue DeConnick, Christos Gage, Jeff Loveness or Mark Waid. DeConnick's brief run on Avengers Assemble starring Anya Corazon struck the perfect balance of drama and fun, while doing a good job portraying an up-and-coming heroine. Loveness' Nova is his breakout success, and he does a great job with balancing humour and drama, while also being VERY strong in characterisation and portaying teenage life, albeit early teenage life. Gage is good at writing teens and young adults, particularly at framing typical teen/ya problems in the superhero genre, in a much better way than, say, Dennis Hopeless does with everyday life. While I find Waid's Champions incredibly frustrating in how it approaches social issues (i.e. like a 12-year-old would), it does do a very good job of writing teens.
    Definitely like some of your ideas. Your idea for a composite Artemis/Cissie could really work, and I can already picture Steph and Cass coming to the HQ for a visit, and embarrassing Tim. I wouldn't but Power Girl around, but Lorena is definitely an interesting choice. I don't meet many fans of her's.

Also, most importantly, WHERE DID WILLIAMSON SAY HE'S BRINGING BACK MAX?! After Bart, he's my favorite speedster, and I've been waiting f**king years to see him again. Link???

BANNED

It would of been basically how the animated series was handled minus Dick and Wally in favor of Tim and Bart.

Also mimicking PhilCo's design for Kaldur which looks like a cross from comics and cartoons.
    20170314_040206.jpg

1. Jackson Hyde (Kaldur). Protégé of Aquaman, son of Black Manta. Key to keeping open the Bermuda triangle.
    I'd keep him with Jackson's personality as a template but hint at him maturing into the cartoon characters personality.

2. Cassie Sandmark, either the daughter or granddaughter of Zeus. Her connection to Diana is that of Olympus.

3. Tim Drake, genius star student, who deducted Batman's identity and inherited a sum of cash from the man himself to aid in his endeavor to fight crime.

I'm lazy so I'm stopping there. Regardless I'd make this Gen closer to their mentors than Gen 1 the Titans. They'd also be right under the JL'a watch and their missions would be given to them by JL instruction. Artemis might join and I'd put one the of Leaguers as their overseer.

Extraordinary Member

I would do for Arrowette over Artemis, they have allready enough half Asian Assassin girls (Emiko, Cassandra Cain, Maya Ducard (OK I'm not sure what her ethnicity is), Rose Wilson), Arrowette and her relation to her mother is more unique and more fun.

I wouldn't mind seeing Secret again. Bring her back, have her unite the old gang, and use her as a catalysts to give them an overall mission. Make the mission a little meta even. Like the people in the DCU is forgetting them, so they have to go on a mission to save their own existence. And I'd keep the tone light. Like the YJ book was known for.

Its interesting though, ive noticed people seem to want them to more copy a show that had very little to actually do with the original YJ members, than really rebirth the Young Justice series that did. I guess thats ok though. Look at Titans. Relying too much on the past isn't always a good thing. Ideally you want familiarity, but also some contemporary and new ideas. That being said, do people want it to be more familiar to the show or more familiar the series that the original members were part of.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-14-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I would do for Arrowette over Artemis, they have allready enough half Asian Assassin girls (Emiko, Cassandra Cain, Maya Ducard (OK I'm not sure what her ethnicity is), Rose Wilson), Arrowette and her relation to her mother is more unique and more fun.
    Isn't Maya Latina? but yes, I def want Arrowette back.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Isn't Maya Latina? but yes, I def want Arrowette back.
    Pretty sure she's just black. her dad was just black and no word on her mother.