Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Here's my pitch for Young Justice: First Issue, Page 1 - KYLE AND CAROL BREAK THE FK UP!!!
    (Sorry, it's a joke. I had to do it. That's my thing. I'm really excited about the show coming back. I like Artemis for no apparent reason.)
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Here's my pitch for Young Justice: First Issue, Page 1 - KYLE AND CAROL BREAK THE FK UP!!!
    (Sorry, it's a joke. I had to do it. That's my thing. I'm really excited about the show coming back. I like Artemis for no apparent reason.)
    I think we are all excited For YJTV to come back, it wasn't like the comics but had their charm. Wally and Artemis were my favorites.

And despite some tweaks Impulse and Cassie were closer to their original personalities than they were on the n52. But I really like Arrowette in both show/YJ Rebirth

Astonishing Member

I'll elaborate a little on my pitch since I came up with those things yesterday and was pretty tired;

1. I definitely want both Artemis Crock and Cissie King to be featured players in a Young Justice title. I realize how redundant they can be, especially if Artemis is loaded with TV show similarities, so I'd say split the difference and make sure that Tigress doesn't go the whole "Archer" route, because Cissie is the one who is a Merlyn. Tigress would be kind of similar to ... well, to Earth-2 Huntress, who tends to be a blend of Batman-esque and Catwoman-esque qualities. Tigress then must be a combination of the animal-themed "huntswoman" qualities of her mother, and the sports-themed qualities of her father. Sportsmaster being, well, a sportsman, I feel like actual "hunter" qualities could work quite well for him anyway, so I'd bridge that. And I'd have Artemis start out as a, well, a Bounty Hunter. A bow might be part of her repertoire but it wouldn't be her primary skill. She'd probably be pretty proficient with guns, too.

2. Characters important to the original comics run, and particularly I was thinking Secret and Harm, would be big players.

3. Connor is a tricky one because he wouldn't be Superboy anymore, and I actually prefer Jon Kent as Superboy, because I'm loving finally seeing the "Super Sons" concept from the heyday be integrated in current modern canon in interesting ways. But in that way I think Connor is really easy to figure out as a character by looking at his various stories over the years. In the Animated, he's definitely the tall, dark kid, with the temper and the issues and the identity problems. In the books he was (90s as all get-out) a bad attitude, with a leather jacket, but he also had really cool Smallville high-school adventures and a great romance with Wonder Girl. Moreover he shares the 'grown in a tank' origins with Damian Wayne, albeit in a slightly more synthetic way. And there was that brief bit in Morrison's Multiversity Earth-16 where the adult Connor was an artist, and was beginning to exhibit Bizarro-tendencies, plus there was always the relationship with Match. So I'd play all of that, big time, to the point where Connor is almost the "Jason Todd" of the Superman family. The sort of dark-horse middle child who doesn't quite fit the Superman "morality" mold or purity, and who really struggles with his place and identity and whether or not he's even a good person or a real person or whether he'll devolve into something Bizarro-like. Plus I guess the question of the Luthor connection. In that way I'd be really, really curious to see what superheroic identity Connor ends up taking, since Superboy is taken. Nightwing is taken. Flamebird is basically taken. Those titles are taken by older kids in the "Dick Grayson" generation. Ultra Boy is a Legionnaire already, though Ultra definitely implies a sort of "darker take on Super". But is there something from the Superman History, or from the Luthor History, or from the Kirby archives, that really fits Connor? (While we're on the subject of identity and codenames; Tim is hardly the poster-child for having a proper codename these days. Red Robin the name has to go, though his costume is great now. So maybe Tim and Connor could have complimentary names.)

4. Each character would also sort of represent an artistic ethos. Tim Drake would bring very Dixon style to the fore, dealing with organization, paramilitary operations, and of course, of course, his relationship with Steph. Connor would bring that post-DOS Jack Kirby revivalism overload, so he'd really bring the Kirby. The Arrow characters would bring the Grell influence pretty heavy, though with a lighter touch. Bart would perhaps provide a bit of the Giffen/DeMatteis levity, and the Giffen/Levitz Legion vibe. He'd bring a lot of Giffen.

5. There's obvious foils like a "Counter-Team" evil team that would have your Match, Impulse, that kind of notion, but I feel like the YJ vibe requires a more interesting tack for creating a villainous team than just having an "Odd Colored Evil Version Team" or even just a "Five Bad Band" of assassins with counter-powers, which worked gorgeously in Teen Titans just now with Damian and Ra's al Ghul involved but might not be sophisticated enough or even ... muddled gray area and subversive enough ... for the "just graduating" crowd in YJ. Which makes this the superior team for the foes that have interpersonal relationships with the heroes, whether it be Steph being Tim's romantic foil but also a bit of a thorn in the side of the team, or Connor's kinship with Match, or the soap opera that is the lives of Cissie and Artemis.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Maybe the YJ nemesis could be Klarion the witch boy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Maybe the YJ nemesis could be Klarion the witch boy
    Speaking of Klarion, I'm getting my Sins of Youth trade signed by Peter David next month. WOOH!

As for the idea...hm. I'm not sure Klarion could work as a main villain, but it would be kind of funny for him to be in a big battle with YJ, tossing them around like ragdolls...when Steph shows up for a visit, and he completely forgets what he was doing so they can hang out.

The closest thing YJ in the comics ever had to big bads were Harm and Darkseid, but both are completely linked to Secret, and I don't think it'd be a good idea to bring her back. What WOULD be a good idea is if Secret was brought in for YJ Season 3, and they adapted her storyline with Darkseid. And really, after getting ignored more than anyone else in season 2, doesn't Tim deserve the right to get to save the day this time?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    2. Characters important to the original comics run, and particularly I was thinking Secret and Harm, would be big players.
    Secret is a character I wouldn't bring back, her story was told in the original young justice book, and if you bring her back you can't do much with her apart from telling the same story again. I would rather see something new.

Extraordinary Member

I don't even think they're still "together" if they even were at all. I mean, he did hook up with Kalista in Omega Men.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-14-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I don't even think they're still "together" if they even were at all. I mean, he did hook up with Kalista in Omega Men.
    It's like Schrodinger's cat. We don't really know until we look in the box.

Anyway, not gonna hijack another thread. For YJ, I'll throw this out there not really sure about it but would GL Jessica be a good fit?
    Save Ferris...

BANNED

It's like Schrodinger's cat. We don't really know until we look in the box.

Anyway, not gonna hijack another thread. For YJ, I'll throw this out there not really sure about it but would GL Jessica be a good fit?
    Nah, Jessica seems to be in her mid to late 20's. Tim's generation are all college age at this point. Maybe as their new mentor she could work. We've seen her growing as a person and dealing with her anxiety in Green Lanterns (One of the best Rebirth titles), and putting her in a position of leadership could be good for her.

Mr Sarcastic and Tim drake team up book, yes Tim is both of them and just keeps swapping identities mid scene. The sales would be amazing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Mr Sarcastic and Tim drake team up book, yes Tim is both of them and just keeps swapping identities mid scene. The sales would be amazing.
    Upon being rescued from Dr. Manhattan, Tim decides to move away from the Bat, and becomes Mr. Sarcastic for the foreseeable future!

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Upon being rescued from Dr. Manhattan, Tim decides to move away from the Bat, and becomes Mr. Sarcastic for the foreseeable future!
    Cassie would lose it and straight up kill him

By the way, I think this is a good place to remind you all that YJ is being reprinted ✌️ I already preordered book one.

I like the idea of YJ rebirth being incredibly proud of themselves and always Annoying the JL claiming they are as good as them, i mean, I don't see the JL saving the world via a baseball game but YJ did. Which would be well-deserved considering the JL always underestimated them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Cassie would lose it and straight up kill him

By the way, I think this is a good place to remind you all that YJ is being reprinted ✌️ I already preordered book one.

I like the idea of YJ rebirth being incredibly proud of themselves and always Annoying the JL claiming they are as good as them, i mean, I don't see the JL saving the world via a baseball game but YJ did. Which would be well-deserved considering the JL always underestimated them.
    I am SO glad YJ is being reprinted. For years, all we've had collected are the first 7 issues, World Without Grownups (Technically a JLA story), and Sins of Youth. I may or may not buy the reprinted first trade since I already have it, but I'm definitely picking up all future ones.

And yeah, the baseball issue was amazing. Probably in my top 10 issues of the book.

NEW YOUNG JUSTICE

MS MARTAIN
    WONDER GIRL
    AQUALAD
    KID FLASH
    RED ROBIN
    SUPERBOY

are all captured by a group known as

DARK JUSTICE

SILVER SATURN=PSIONIC TELEPATH
    AMAZON GIRL=SUPER STRONG AMAZON
    O'CEA=WATER MANIPULATOR AND TRANSFORMATION
    STREAK=SUPER SPEEDSTER
    CRIMSON CAT=AGILITY MARTAIL ARTIST WITH RAZOR SHARP FINGERNAILS.
    CLONE-EL=SUPERBOY CLONE created by LADY MORROW her mission to recreate her version of her decease son in the form of a new KID AMAZO android.with the powers of the team known as YOUNG JUSTICE

What about the YJ4's being involved in the Rebirth plotline?

It cannot be just coincidence that Tim's whole generation of superheroes has been thrown on comic book limbo (Okay, you can blame that on their n52 selves being atrocities but still) but we could go with Kon, Bart and Cassie finding out via Bart what happened with the Manhattan stuff. Other than Wally and Superdad sometimes they don't have contact with the JL because people Diana wouldn't remember Cassie yet ( ) and Bart really didn't had much of a relationship with Barry, so they kinda do their own thing to resolve the mystery of why they were erased of their superhero family trees.

And then they find out Tim is alive and they are like let's rescue our bro Tim.

Also, double points if at some point they have to fight their n52 counterparts, I'd like to see Bart beating Bar Torr