Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Diana knows who Cassie is. They met in the last volume of Teen Titans.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Diana knows who Cassie is. They met in the last volume of Teen Titans.
    I refuse to acknowledge their n52 counterparts

Also, with Rucka's massive retcon saying the n52 didn't happen opens a lot of plot holes that meeting included. I just want her to lose that demon armor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I refuse to acknowledge their n52 counterparts

Also, with Rucka's massive retcon saying the n52 didn't happen opens a lot of plot holes that meeting included. I just want her to lose that demon armor
    Wait, I'm not reading Wonder Woman. The ENTIRE book was retconned?

The Amazons aren't a bunch of murderous, slave traders anymore???

HALLELUJAH!

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Wait, I'm not reading Wonder Woman. The ENTIRE book was retconned?

The Amazons aren't a bunch of murderous, slave traders anymore???

HALLELUJAH!
    Yes, according to the book, Diana hasn't come back from Themyschira since she left the first time and that it was all an illusion. The year one storyline the Amazons are portrayed in a way more pre-flashpoint light.

Which is why I'd retcon Cassie as well, since Lennox wasn't 'real' then the real Wonder Girl should be running around somewhere, or that's what I like to think .

BANNED

Yes, according to the book, Diana hasn't come back from Themyschira since she left the first time and that it was all an illusion. The year one storyline the Amazons are portrayed in a way more pre-flashpoint light.

Which is why I'd retcon Cassie as well, since Lennox wasn't 'real' then the real Wonder Girl should be running around somewhere, or that's what I like to think .
    Maybe if we're really lucky, she'll just be sitting at home in her room covered in Wonder Woman posters, writing Wonder Woman fanfiction, dreaming of being like her.

Oh, and if there's even just a reference when she gets her powers and starts putting her costume together to the "Black wig and glasses" era, I will applaud the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its interesting though, ive noticed people seem to want them to more copy a show that had very little to actually do with the original YJ members, than really rebirth the Young Justice series that did. I guess thats ok though. Look at Titans. Relying too much on the past isn't always a good thing. Ideally you want familiarity, but also some contemporary and new ideas. That being said, do people want it to be more familiar to the show or more familiar the series that the original members were part of.
    I think a lot of people want the best of both worlds; the cast of the comics (YJ4) with the premise of the cartoon. And I'd be fine with that too, honestly.

What I'd do is the easiest, laziest, safest solution: Justice League Academy (in concept, not in name).

The League puts the team together in order to train the next Justice League. These are the kids who are designed to replace the greatest heroes on earth, and the League knows that as good as they themselves are, these kids will have to be better when their time comes. Cyborg works as their League liaison, Nightwing handles the bulk of oversight, Canary trains them in combat. Other characters show up to teach a class when the need calls for it; Batgirl for computer skills, Wonder Woman for hostage negotiation, whoever. Discipline, team-building, it's longterm superhero boot camp. Or at least that's the idea the League has.....what actually happens might be another matter.

Unlike the cartoon, YJ goes on all manner of missions. Covert sometimes, yes, but they'll find themselves in space, or fighting hordes of Kobra cultists in Khandaq, or stuck in the future, or any god damn thing you can think of. The tones can run from comedy to drama to satire to thriller to adventure to pulp. Thematically we'll stick fairly close to the cartoon; accessible for all ages but not talking down to anyone. Fun without trying too hard and serious when the situation calls for it, with a deep emotional well to dip into. Not afraid to tackle uncomfortable topics like the loss of a loved one or abuse or vegetables on pizza.

As for the roster, the YJ4 are a necessity just because the fans would riot otherwise. How exactly each character gets fixed is really up to the editorial and creative teams for their respective "families" but we'll assume they'll all come out looking recognizable. Past that Im largely ambivalent. As long as Kaldur is showing up somewhere I'm happy, though of course I'd like to see him here.

I will say a new YJ shouldn't be afraid to bring in new members. No reason to be completely beholden to the past. I'd like to see Vibe, who would feel like the kid who got held back a grade. If Geoff Johns is willing to share her then Stargirl would be an excellent addition (even if she's JSA, she can moonlight with both teams). I myself prefer Artemis over Arrowette but either are cool. Hell, make Artemis go by Tigress and use a variety of weapons (like Roy used to) and use both of the girls.

As long as whoever gets used is written well, I'm cool.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Oh, and if there's even just a reference when she gets her powers and starts putting her costume together to the "Black wig and glasses" era, I will applaud the writer.
    I'd rather put her back in that look for good. Nothing wrong with a young girl hero who doesn't look like she'll grow up into a super model, and Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl and Faith and others are all proving it every month. Past time DC got with the new paradigm.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd rather put her back in that look for good. Nothing wrong with a young girl hero who doesn't look like she'll grow up into a super model, and Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl and Faith and others are all proving it every month. Past time DC got with the new paradigm.
    She was originally like that when she first appeared in the YJ book, she was short haired, tomboyish, liked sci fi and she was a Wonder Woman admirer.

IMG_5230.jpg

In her YJ days she was like that as well even after she lost the wig, it was after Johns that she got "super" girlified.

BANNED

She was originally like that when she first appeared in the YJ book, she was short haired, tomboyish, liked sci fi and she was a Wonder Woman admirer.

IMG_5230.jpg

In her YJ days she was like that as well even after she lost the wig, it was after Johns that she got "super" girlified.
    Yeah, I like the black wig costume and her design there, and it deserves a reference, but I'm personally partial to this look.

cassie.jpg

And I know some people actually LIKE what Johns did with Bart and Kon, for what I believe to be very, very stupid reasons, but I don't think anyone is gonna try and say it wouldn't be better if Cassie was warped back to 2003 in terms of personality as well.

Oh, and I'm surprised no one's brought this up: PUT CASSIE AND KON BACK TOGETHER! Those two are freaking adorable together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think a lot of people want the best of both worlds; the cast of the comics (YJ4) with the premise of the cartoon. And I'd be fine with that too, honestly.

What I'd do is the easiest, laziest, safest solution: Justice League Academy (in concept, not in name).

The League puts the team together in order to train the next Justice League. These are the kids who are designed to replace the greatest heroes on earth, and the League knows that as good as they themselves are, these kids will have to be better when their time comes.....
    Ya, but does that premise really work with the YJ4? In a world where Dick and Wally exists, are people really suppose to believe that the YJ4 are the next JL. And even ignoring Dick and Wally, Damian and Jon are quickly supplanting Tim and Connor more and more.

Ya, but does that premise really work with the YJ4? In a world where Dick and Wally exists, are people really suppose to believe that the YJ4 are the next JL. And even ignoring Dick and Wally, Damian and Jon are quickly supplanting Tim and Connor more and more.
    Well, the YJ4 aren't the "next" JL, they should be the middle child of the JL's "heirs" aka "we are young but just us."

Connor still has these upcoming season of YJ

I remember. Heh, remember how hard she fan-girl'd when she met Kon-El? I miss that version of Cassie.

Like I said, it's long term planning. And honestly, if something takes down the League, odds are it's also taking down many of Nightwing's generation too.

As for Damien and Jon, let them join if so desired. And if the writers or editors dont want them on the team, its easy enough for Clark and Bruce to say "They're too young. No. Wait until they're older."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

The walls of time and space have become weakened.

"What was, may be what is?"

A child with an S on her shirt crash lands in Metropolis. She was fleeing...but she's not sure from what. Gaps exist in her memory. Time travel...destruction?

She eventually meets folks like Jon Kent, Damian Wayne (due to Jon being included), Wally West II, Darla Dudley, a young Colin Wilkes and others including two girls who were adopted years ago and may have ties to two of DC's ladies. The team forms largely from those who see this young Supergirl as she's fighting mysterious monsters resembling the Gentry from Multiversity.

Eventually the Justice League find out about the forming team and assigns them two mentors who like Red Tornado in the original YJ are the League's connection to the team.

The team members being Cyborg and Element Woman with Flash/Barry the unofficial third largely due to Wally II's membership. With plenty of others showing up in certain cases like Billy and the family for Darla, Bruce and Clark for the obvious etc...

Eventually the Supergirl starts to piece her memories slowly remembering her own name. Ariella.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 03-16-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The walls of time and space have become weakened.

"What was, may be what is?"

A child with an S on her shirt crash lands in Metropolis. She was fleeing...but she's not sure from what. Gaps exist in her memory. Time travel...destruction?

She eventually meets folks like Jon Kent, Damian Wayne (due to Jon being included), Wally West II, Darla Dudley, a young Colin Wilkes and others including two girls who were adopted years ago and may have ties to two of DC's ladies. The team forms largely from those who see this young Supergirl as she's fighting mysterious monsters resembling the Gentry from Multiversity.

Eventually the Justice League find out about the forming team and assigns them two mentors who like Red Tornado in the original YJ are the League's connection to the team.

The team members being Cyborg and Element Woman with Flash/Barry the unofficial third largely due to Wally II's membership. With plenty of others showing up in certain cases like Billy and the family for Darla, Bruce and Clark for the obvious etc...

Eventually the Supergirl starts to piece her memories slowly remembering her own name. Ariella.
    Ariella Kent basically has pre-crisis power level, they would need to depower her a lot to fit her into a regular team.
    Last edited by qwerty3w; 03-16-2017 at 07:22 AM.