Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd really rather Tim stayed out of Dick's book, too. Dick has been more of a Dad to Damian than Bruce has, so I like the little brat hanging around; I wouldn't mind a Nightwing and Robin book. What Dick DOESN'T need is to be a baby daddy.
    Wally's kids were awesome. Roy's daughter was the best character DC has ever created. Garth and Donna WOULD have had cool kids if DC hadn't killed them off while they were babies.

Me, I'm on team DickXShawn and DaddyDick!

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    I think he has definitely has views about what a line of succession looks like, and that he knows that priorities change. Father figure, or big brother figure, he's not ready to lose Dick to other people.
    100% agreed. I like Seeley decided to emphasize on that in this issue. Damian's "I don't know what I will be... alone" broke my heart and I also like to think Damian thinks of Dick as both his big brother and father figure. Definitely someone he looks up to. I mean, Dick is mentioned often by Damian both in Nightwing and Teen Titans.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 03-15-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Wally's kids were awesome. Roy's daughter was the best character DC has ever created. Garth and Donna WOULD have had cool kids if DC hadn't killed them off while they were babies.

Wally's kids are MIA, Roy's daughter had a house dropped on her, and Garth and Donna's children shared similar fates. Which is exactly why Dick should not be having any kids any time soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Wally's kids are MIA, Roy's daughter had a house dropped on her, and Garth and Donna's children shared similar fates. Which is exactly why Dick should not be having any kids any time soon.
    Wally's kids will hopefully return (the fact that they haven't been mentioned in Titans is a bigger problem for me than Brett Booth's art), Lian's death was one of the worst things they ever did, but at the very least she got resurrected, Donna's kid was only killed because they wanted to get rid of Terry Long, and Garth's kid died along with MANY others in the mediocre blood bath that is Infinite Crisis.

While Garth and Donna's kids were killed off without TOO much of a response because they weren't really characters yet. the fact that DC brought back Lian at all shows that they realized how pissed off the fans get when you kill a beloved child character.

I think Dick's baby will be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post

Double post this

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd really rather Tim stayed out of Dick's book, too. Dick has been more of a Dad to Damian than Bruce has, so I like the little brat hanging around; I wouldn't mind a Nightwing and Robin book. What Dick DOESN'T need is to be a baby daddy.
    this
    You can disregard the fact that we don't want to give more reasons to dick for staying in bludhaven and still it makes no sense for dick to be a father all it will do is limit the demographic that nightwing can be marketed to and give us more issues with "do i want to be nightwing" as the central theme and even more tumbler meltdowns now internet meltdowns are marvel's formula of doing things
    Last edited by yash; 03-15-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Incredible Member

I mean, at the end of the day, the GA/SA has loads of stories where Dick thinks Batman's replacing him as Robin and has a meltdown, but the only reason those are fun is because they're surrounded by stories where Bruce and Dick are the worlds most intense mutual appreciation society rather than Robin being kind of a neglected son. (And it's all resolved in like 10 pages)

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah I have to say that I did not like Dick saying that he doesn't know if he wants to be Nightwing anymore. That doesn't sound like Dick. Dick and Damian are the two Bat kids who enjoy the life and who I believe are truly meant to do this. It is who they are at their core.

Dick Grayson will always fly and Damian Wayne will always fight They are building jumping daredevils born and breed.
    Jason fights because that is his life now. He was dragged into it. Tim is passing through life a gap year before university. This is his gap year before his real life begins.
    To be fair, one big point of this current story is Dick really seeing what a normal life as 'Dick Grayson' could be like for the first time, and he seems to like it. Makes sense that he's rethinking priorities slightly.

But that also makes me worried for Shawn's future. I like her character and what she brings to Dick's story, so I hope she doesn't get killed off for dramatic effect...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    To be fair, one big point of this current story is Dick really seeing what a normal life as 'Dick Grayson' could be like for the first time, and he seems to like it. Makes sense that he's rethinking priorities slightly.
    But he's not though. He's still doing his thing, he just has a girlfriend waiting at home for him to get back. And she's not seemed so sure about the hero stuff. It feels that as much as Dick was complaining that Babs is a posh girl who doesn't get where he's coming from in terms of class, Shawn is also a posh girl who might not get where he's coming from in terms of masked vigilantism.

(And I can't imagine this current arc doing much for her feelings on that matter. Who knows though, maybe she'll be able to use her group therapy leader powers to break through to Pyg.)
    Last edited by HellHere; 03-16-2017 at 05:17 AM.

The issue was okay. I didn't love it. Some of the Dick and Damian moments were fun, and I liked the references to their time as Batman and Robin, but I still don't really find Deathwing all that interesting and I don't really know where Seeley is going with the multiverse hints. I also wasn't too fond of how manic Dick acted in a few instances. I get that Shawn is in danger and Dick thinks she might be pregnant, so he isn't in a good state of mind, but I just don't really enjoy seeing him like that. I like Shawn for the most part, but I really don't see this romance lasting too much longer and I'd be fine with that. I get the feeling that the issue two issues ago will probably be the peak of their romance.

Anyway, seeing Pyg again should be interesting. I don't think he will ever become a Nightwing villain, as he was created to be a Batman villain, but it will be nice to see Dick face off (no pun intended) against him again.

I personally don't want her to be like Raya or that blond spy agent from the Grayson series. They just appeared for a while to be his sex partners rather than a romantic partner and then disappeared. I can see that she has more potential than them and how she was created to be an engaging character. So I doubt she'll just go away after this arc. I mean I just have that tingling feeling that she'll last longer. And I like that part when Deathwing said she offers stability and complacency in his life.

As the way Dick acted, I think it's quite understandable under such circumstances. He can't always act the way you wanted him to be. He's just a human. He can have meltdowns. The most surprising and heart whelming characterization from this issue was Damian's. I'm not a fan of Damian but that panel when he was trying to bring Dick back to his senses was pretty emotional; we found out that all his rants about the Batman mantle weren't because he's jealous of Dick but because he's worried that he'll loose Dick to a child of his own blood. This boy just misses him so much and is afraid of loosing someone he feels the closest to. And that part made me look at Damian from a different perspective.
    Last edited by lorraine; 03-16-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The issue was okay. I didn't love it. Some of the Dick and Damian moments were fun, and I liked the references to their time as Batman and Robin, but I still don't really find Deathwing all that interesting and I don't really know where Seeley is going with the multiverse hints. I also wasn't too fond of how manic Dick acted in a few instances. I get that Shawn is in danger and Dick thinks she might be pregnant, so he isn't in a good state of mind, but I just don't really enjoy seeing him like that. I like Shawn for the most part, but I really don't see this romance lasting too much longer and I'd be fine with that. I get the feeling that the issue two issues ago will probably be the peak of their romance.

Anyway, seeing Pyg again should be interesting. I don't think he will ever become a Nightwing villain, as he was created to be a Batman villain, but it will be nice to see Dick face off (no pun intended) against him again.
    yeah i agree this dick grayson so far has been less competent then his agent 37 days he has been outsmarted multiple times throughout this series by people not because they are this super genius planners but because dick has not been on his game he got outsmarted by raptor because he was too trusting then he got outsmarted again in the second arc because he was to trusting and now the the guy who did not break even after he walked in dessert for days regardless of having no end in sight all because he had a life to save so he refused to break now this same guy was on the verge of breaking down the first time the bad guy goes "your girl gotta go muhahaha" like is this the first time you have been in this kind of situation before?your gf being held by the bad guy is superhero cliché 101 and you are acting like he just handed you her head on a platter or something

Most of Dick's past girlfriends have been other superheros. He hasn't really been in this situation before.

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    yeah i agree this dick grayson so far has been less competent then his agent 37 days he has been outsmarted multiple times throughout this series by people not because they are this super genius planners but because dick has not been on his game he got outsmarted by raptor because he was too trusting then he got outsmarted again in the second arc because he was to trusting and now the the guy who did not break even after he walked in dessert for days regardless of having no end in sight all because he had a life to save so he refused to break now this same guy was on the verge of breaking down the first time the bad guy goes "your girl gotta go muhahaha" like is this the first time you have been in this kind of situation before?your gf being held by the bad guy is superhero cliché 101 and you are acting like he just handed you her head on a platter or something
    So you will not break down when you find out your gal is dead? Especially when the gal is possibly carrying your child?
    By the way, when the bad guy told Dick that his gal gotta go, Dick was hallucinating or let's say his mind was not in the presence.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    So you will not break down when you find out your gal is dead? Especially when the gal is possibly carrying your child?
    By the way, when the bad guy told Dick that his gal gotta go, Dick was hallucinating or let's say his mind was not in the presence.
    I'm not dick grayson and that's the point that at this point after being batman and facing the worst that gotham has to offer he should not lose his **** the first time bad guy monologues his plan see this is the kind of thing i was worried about after facing a spy org that had info of the secret identities of all of the JL in a universe where secret identities of superheros are still important to there character anything that Bludhaven has to offer would feel like a step down.I'm not saying we should get the "beating the crap out of the abomination with all of jl's heroes powers" every single issue but we should get a "i have faced worse and come out just fine i got this" dick grayson every single issue
    Last edited by yash; 03-16-2017 at 07:48 AM.