Atomik Skull

Default Death of Hawkman

I know Hawkman is not an A-list character, but I'm pretty disappointed with DC's handling of the character. His NEW 52 series was wretched and the end of DEATH OF HAWKMAN #6 was pretty disappointing. Maybe DC is clearing the deck for the Golden Age Hawkman to return in JSA.

AS

He's been killed off in almost every storyline since 2010 or before.

Blackest Night
    Brightest Day
    Smallville
    Justice League United
    The New 52 Futures End
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Injustice
    Death of Hawkman

It's getting ridiculous. DC has made Hawkman the Sean Bean of the DCU and it's just about enough for me to cut off all things DC and stick to Marvel.
    Hawkman: Lord of the Skies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirijax View Post

Blackest Night
    Brightest Day
    Smallville
    Justice League United
    The New 52 Futures End
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Injustice
    Death of Hawkman

It's getting ridiculous. DC has made Hawkman the Sean Bean of the DCU and it's just about enough for me to cut off all things DC and stick to Marvel.
    Sean Bean would play a GREAT live action Hawkman!

Untill he died again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirijax View Post

Blackest Night
    Brightest Day
    Smallville
    Justice League United
    The New 52 Futures End
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Injustice
    Death of Hawkman

Well, at least he has a better tendency to survive in cartoons .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atomik Skull View Post
    I know Hawkman is not an A-list character, but I'm pretty disappointed with DC's handling of the character. His NEW 52 series was wretched and the end of DEATH OF HAWKMAN #6 was pretty disappointing. Maybe DC is clearing the deck for the Golden Age Hawkman to return in JSA.

AS
    To be perfectly honest I don't get Hawkman as a modern age superhero but more along the lines of Warlord which would be a great team up at some point. The run a few years ago which had him encounter a Himalayan temple inhabited by a horde of Yeti is a better setting for the character. Swashbuckler rather than Superhero. I don't know if the market would support a High Fantasy take on the character. Death of Hawkman was a good story overall despite the naysayers and gave us Adam Strange as well. Too bad more people didn't like it. Any appearance of either is welcome.

I think the problem with Hawkman is that no writer has found a modern angle to attract readers' attention (after the arc when he comes back in JSA). It has huge potential for world building (the whole Thanagar stuff, like they did on hawkworld, hopefully without lame continuity problems) and they should definitely stop making the reincarnation thing the gravity center for the character. Also, Shayera/Kendra is a complete badass and has great potential as an awesome supporting character.

I'd give him what I call 'The Hawkeye Treatment' and give the character to a talented writer to go wild. I know it's hard, tho. I'm a hardcore Geoff Johns fan, but he's run on Hawkman is my least favorite series of his career.

Steve Orlando and Tom King sound like a nice option.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE