BANNED

Default Spider-Man's super-strength

How strong is Spider-Man, What moment in the comics did the writers really push the limits of his super strength, Like the the heaviest thing Spider-Man ever lifted.

Did he defeat anyone using only his strength before?.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I'd say the heaviest thing he lifted was the Daily Bugle, but he actually did manage to knock out the Hulk with pure brute force once. He literally smashed him with a truck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I'd say the heaviest thing he lifted was the Daily Bugle, but he actually did manage to knock out the Hulk with pure brute force once. He literally smashed him with a truck.
    When he knocked out Hulk, Was it normal non cosmic Spider-Man?.

BANNED

I think when he caught a falling helicopter after setting up webs to slow down it's fall although I don't remember which issue but it was close to the time he was about to or was nry married.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

He has broke Carbonadium, lifted tanks, trains, and even a plane. And of course there are the well-known examples, like the Daily Bugle building and all the heavy wreckage in ASM#33.

With his punches he has hurt the Hulk, Thor, Regent with most of 616 heroes power, Thing, Thing upgraded with Asgardian hammer, Namor, She-Hulk, Iron Man, etc. He has broken Iron Man 2020 armor. Knocked out Wolverine. 616 Peter has beaten the Rhino with pure strength at least twice, and RYV Peter one shotted Rhino. While angered he one shotted Mr. Negative who usually gives him a lot of trouble. Even one shotted himself kinda, when he faced off against SSM. He has knocked out people (some even super powered) with a single flick. His strength has also impressed Thor and Hulk.

Likely missing a lot but those are what comes to mind.
    Consistency in some of those is probably debatable, but I'm just saying what has happened.
    Last edited by AmazingFantasy; 03-14-2017 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Confused Mr. Negative with Mr Sinister. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    When he knocked out Hulk, Was it normal non cosmic Spider-Man?.
    Yeah, he had no amps whatsoever at that time. AmazingFantasy made a more complete list, but a couple of those feats were when he was using an suit of power armor he built (ex. hurting Regent, when he one-shotted Rhino, etc.)
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 03-14-2017 at 10:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    He has broke Carbonadium, lifted tanks, trains, and even a plane. And of course there are the well-known examples, like the Daily Bugle building and all the heavy wreckage in ASM#33.

With his punches he has hurt the Hulk, Thor, Regent with most of 616 heroes power, Thing, Thing upgraded with Asgardian hammer, Namor, She-Hulk, Iron Man, etc. He has broken Iron Man 2020 armor. Knocked out Wolverine. 616 Peter has beaten the Rhino with pure strength at least twice, and RYV Peter one shotted Rhino. While angered he one shotted Mr. Sinister who usually gives him a lot of trouble. Even one shotted himself kinda, when he faced off against SSM. He has knocked out people (some even super powered) with a single flick. His strength has also impressed Thor and Hulk.

Likely missing a lot but those are what comes to mind.
    Consistency in some of those is probably debatable, but I'm just saying what has happened.
    He was able to hurt Hulk and Thor!, How strong was that Iron Man 2020, what was it like when he broke it?. The other stuff you mentioned is impressive.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, he had no amps whatsoever at that time. AmazingFantasy made a more complete list, but a couple of those feats were when he was using an suit of power armor he built (ex. hurting Regent, when he one-shotted Rhino, etc.)
    The one-shotting Rhino that I referred to was in RYV, when Peter dropped him with a single punch. When this happened Peter didn't even have any suit on lol

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    He was able to hurt Hulk and Thor!, How strong was that Iron Man 2020, what was it like when he broke it?. The other stuff you mentioned is impressive.
    I think Iron Man 2020 is supposed to be as strong as Iron Man back then (which is weaker than the current).
    Peter has actually also destroyed 616 Iron Man armor as well, though personally I find that inconsistent.

In Ultimate's Death of Spider-Man, a sixteen-year-old Spider-Man who'd been bleeding to death for an extended period of time from a gunshot wound and and had been in a vicious fight on top of that, was able to lift a truck over his head and smashed it over Green Goblin's head several times. Bear in mind that, being much younger an less experienced, this Spidey is much weaker than the adult versions of the character.

BANNED

he was also able to knock out shriek with a single flick of his finger.

BANNED

About Spider-Mans fights against Thor, How did he hurt him in the first place?.

Like his fight against the Hulk, was there other times Hulk was harmed by Spider-Man?.

The one-shotting Rhino that I referred to was in RYV, when Peter dropped him with a single punch. When this happened Peter didn't even have any suit on lol

I think Iron Man 2020 is supposed to be as strong as Iron Man back then (which is weaker than the current).
    Peter has actually also destroyed 616 Iron Man armor as well, though personally I find that inconsistent.
    Oh, I was talking about when he one-shot Rhino with a kick in Volume 4.

BANNED

What story did Spider-Man destroy Iron Mans armor?.