Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Batman and Batfamily trades popping up in the DC Fall catalog

You can take a look for yourself: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4124130

Here's the full list, courtesy of Collected Editions.

Some highlights include Grayson Omnibus, Tomasi's Batman and Robin Omnibus, and Deluxe Hardcovers for Batman, Detective Comics, and Nightwing.

List of Bat titles:

• All-Star Batman Vol. 1: My Own Worst Enemy (Rebirth) - One of the few Rebirth books that still does hardcover first.

• All-Star Batman Vol. 2: Ends of the Earth (Rebirth)

• Batgirl & the Birds of Prey Vol. 2 (Rebirth)

• Batgirl Vol. 2: Son of Penguin (Rebirth)

• Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1

• Batman '66 Meets Steed & Mrs. Peel

• Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77

• Batman & Robin Adventures Vol. 2

• Batman & Robin by Peter Tomasi & Patrick Gleason Omnibus - Looks like it's a Vol. 1 that collects half the run

• Batman Arkham: Joker's Daughter

• Batman Beyond Vol. 2 (Rebirth)

• Batman in The Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Vol. 1

• Batman Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 2: Knightquest

• Batman Noir: The Court of Owls

• Batman Unwrapped: Death of the Family

• Batman Vol. 3: I Am Bane (Rebirth)

• Batman Vol. 4: The War of Jokes and Riddles (Rebirth) - Yep, that's the arc title. Looks like a prequel that follows up from Zero Year.

• Batman: A Lot of Li'l Gotham

• Batman: Detective Comics Vol. 3: League of Shadows (Rebirth)

• Batman: Detective Comics Vol. 4 (Rebirth)

• Batman: Detective Comics: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (Rebirth)

• Batman: His Greatest Adventures

• Batman: Hush 15th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

• Batman: Night of the Monster Men (Rebirth)

• Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol. 2

• Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol. 3

• Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 4

• Batman: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (Rebirth)

• Batman: Year One (New Edition)

• Batman: Year One Deluxe Edition

• Batman: Year Two 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

• Batwoman Vol. 1: The Many Arms of Death (Rebirth)

• Catwoman by Jim Balent Book One

• Dark Knight III: The Master Race

• DC Rebirth Omnibus Expanded Edition - Same Rebirth Omnibus as before, but with the JLA one-shots, Batwoman Rebirth, and Super Sons added

• Gotham Academy: Second Semester Vol. 2

• Grayson: The Superspy Omnibus - Should be all 20 issues, plus Annuals and specials in one volume.

• Harley Quinn by Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner Omnibus Vol. 1 - Not too surprising

• Harley Quinn by Terry Dodson & Karl Kesel Vol. 1

• Harley Quinn Vol. 3 (Rebirth)

• Harley Quinn Vol. 4 (Rebirth)

• Harley Quinn: A Celebration of 25 Years

• Harley Quinn: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (Rebirth)

• Harley Quinn's Cover Gallery Deluxe Edition

• Nightwing Vol. 3: Nightwing Must Die (Rebirth)

• Nightwing Vol. 4: Blockbuster (Rebirth)

• Nightwing: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (Rebirth)

• Red Hood & the Outlaws Vol. 2 (Rebirth)

• Robin Vol. 5

• Super Sons Vol. 1 (Rebirth)

• Trinity Vol. 1: Better Together (Rebirth) - Paperback trade. Trinity's one of the few books that is still going hardcover first

• Very DC Rebirth Holiday Collection - Includes DC Rebirth Holiday Special, Batman Annual #1, and Harley Quinn #10
    Last edited by joybeans; 03-14-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

For comic binding purposes, I'm glad that holiday themed Batman Annual #1 found a landing spot in a trade. I need those to bind Snyder and King.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Stuff from this list I'm DEFINITELY picking up:

Anarky: The Complete Collection: Lonnie Machin is my favorite male comic book character, his 4 issue mini is my second favorite comic of all time, after Cassandra Cain's solo book, and I'm one of those weirdos who kinda liked his short lived 8 issue ongoing series. Sure, I already own all of these issues in some form, but this is nice, convenient, and a way to show that we want Lonnie back.

Justice League/Power Ranger: I'm a Power Rangers nerd,(I've watched all 800+ episodes), and I've been trade waiting on this. Looking forward to it!

ALL of the Legion books: The Legion is my favorite team, having been my introduction to comics.

As far as Bat books go, it's a nice selection, though I AM disappointed that my suspicion was right, and DC was only collecting the Kelley Puckett run of Batgirl Vol.1 Sure, Horrocks was a major step down, and Gabrych wasn't quite AS good, but I'd still take their runs over most comics, and they deserve to be collected.

Astonishing Member

Oh man. Grayson Omnibus. Kind of a pricey must have for the hardcore. I'm actually surprised it's already getting the Omnibus treatment, it only ended half a year ago, that's pretty quick turnaround for the full run treatment. But it's a critical darling and even the final issue wrap-up by two guest writers working from the notes was pretty damn strong. I think that using that original Janin cover as the cover is a good choice.

And oh man, spoiler alert on that Batman Vol. 4 King storyline.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 03-14-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

The Holiday season is looking very expensive for me.

Gonna have to start ranking my shopping list.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Incredible Member

Surprised Harley is just now getting an omnibus

BANNED

Okay, hold the damn phone!

I was excited before, but now I'm PISSED.

In the Amazon description of the new Anarky trade, Lonnie is described as "One of the "most lethal and disturbing villains in the DCU" and someone who wants to "start everything over under his own mad philisophocal odeas".

Just so I don't lose it, I'm gonna explain everything wrong here, so that those of you who aren't familiar with the character don't get turned away.

1. "Lethal": Nope. Lonnie is against muder.
    2. "Disturbing": He's a teenager in a costume. So disturbing!
    3. "Mad philisophical ideas": Yeah, funny thing about that. Anarky's views aren't mad at all. He understands the world better than most, and just wants to make it a better place.
    4. "Mad philisophocal ideas": Yeah, this gets mentioned twice because Lonnie's ideals and philosiphies. THEY'RE MINE! I read these comics when I was young, and they're part of the reason I'm me. Fuck you DC.
    5. And lastly, "Collects Anarky 1-8 and Anarky 1-8" THEY WERE SO LAZY THEY DIDN'T EVEN GET THE NUMBERING RIGHT!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Okay, hold the damn phone!

I was excited before, but now I'm PISSED.

In the Amazon description of the new Anarky trade, Lonnie is described as "One of the "most lethal and disturbing villains in the DCU" and someone who wants to "start everything over under his own mad philisophocal odeas".

Just so I don't lose it, I'm gonna explain everything wrong here, so that those of you who aren't familiar with the character don't get turned away.

1. "Lethal": Nope. Lonnie is against muder.
    2. "Disturbing": He's a teenager in a costume. So disturbing!
    3. "Mad philisophical ideas": Yeah, funny thing about that. Anarky's views aren't mad at all. He understands the world better than most, and just wants to make it a better place.
    4. "Mad philisophocal ideas": Yeah, this gets mentioned twice because Lonnie's ideals and philosiphies. THEY'RE MINE! I read these comics when I was young, and they're part of the reason I'm me. Fuck you DC.
    5. And lastly, "Collects Anarky 1-8 and Anarky 1-8" THEY WERE SO LAZY THEY DIDN'T EVEN GET THE NUMBERING RIGHT!
    And oh yeah, 6. ANARKY IS NOT A VILLAIN. at least not this version.

Stop trying to make Zero Year happen DC! It was an inferior, unnecessary origin that noone asked for. Year One was much better and had no reason to be replaced. It is a classic that still sells well to this day and is a definite Batman story. Zero Year was a bloated, over-the-top mess.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

• Batman: Year Two 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

I unabashedly love the doomed romance of Batman: Year Two and I'm glad to see it get a deluxe edition, though I wish the Full Circle follow-up was included.
    Finally some love for Batman Year Two getting a deluxe treatment, you'd think 3/4 of the artwork by a young Todd McFarlane would've given DC the incentive to release a special eidition of it years ago.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Stop trying to make Zero Year happen DC! It was an inferior, unnecessary origin that noone asked for. Year One was much better and had no reason to be replaced. It is a classic that still sells well to this day and is a definite Batman story. Zero Year was a bloated, over-the-top mess.
    Yeah, no...Zero Year was a very popular story. They don't need to try to make it happen because it did happen, it is the canon origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, no...Zero Year was a very popular story. They don't need to try to make it happen because it did happen, it is the canon origin story.
    Year One is a classic that has been in pretty much continuous print since it came out in the 80's and has been given the Absolute treatment. It has influenced movies such as Batman Begins and ranks highly in virtually every top 10 Batman stories lists. There was nothing wrong with Year One and there was no reason that DC had to go about replacing it. Zero Year will never reach its heights.

About the catalogue, it seems that DC gives series the omni treatment to runs that I just picked up as trades. I bought Grayson, Batman and Robin, and New Teen Titans all over the holidays, and they are now getting omnis this year. I'll probably pick up King's "I Am..." trilogy together and am considering getting the Batman and Robin Adventures and Alan Brennert TPBs.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 03-14-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Looking at that list....my wallet is going to be hurting.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Huh, so I guess this is the new Year One after Zero Year was...Year Zero ?

Although I guess from the standpoint of Snyder's run it's "Year Two."

I wasn't expecting King to do a whole flashback arc. From the sounds of it we're going to be seeing Batman and Joker's first confrontation in the current continuity, with Riddler along for the ride. I wonder if this will ultimately tie-in to the 3 Jokers thing?

I also wonder if this is going to show Dick as Robin at all, or if this will be prior to Bruce adopting Dick?

It would be interesting if we see King showcase an early years Catwoman as well in this arc. I'm also curious as to who else might show up in this.