Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Year One is a classic that has been in pretty much continuous print since it came out in the 80's and has been given the Absolute treatment. It has influenced movies such as Batman Begins and ranks highly in virtually every top 10 Batman stories lists. There was nothing wrong with Year One and there was no reason that DC had to go about replacing it. Zero Year will never reach its heights.

I didn't say it was. But that story is in the pass and zero year is the official canon story at the moment and many enjoyed it. There is a reason it hasn't been retconned while superman and wonder woman's new 52 origins were.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 03-14-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I didn't say it was. But that story is in the pass and zero year is the official canon story at the moment and many enjoyed it. There is a reason it hasn't been retconned while superman and wonder woman's new 52 origins were.
    Because Snyder is still hanging around the Batbooks and his influence is still clearly felt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, so I guess this is the new Year One after Zero Year was...Year Zero ?

Although I guess from the standpoint of Snyder's run it's "Year Two."

I wasn't expecting King to do a whole flashback arc. From the sounds of it we're going to be seeing Batman and Joker's first confrontation in the current continuity, with Riddler along for the ride. I wonder if this will ultimately tie-in to the 3 Jokers thing?

I also wonder if this is going to show Dick as Robin at all, or if this will be prior to Bruce adopting Dick?

It would be interesting if we see King showcase an early years Catwoman as well in this arc. I'm also curious as to who else might show up in this.
    Death of the Family seemed to imply to me that The Man Who Laughs was still Bruce's canonical meeting with the Joker. I hadn't even thought about Dick showing up, I'll probably pick it up if he's in it. There aren't nearly enough modern stories with Dick as Robin, but they are all golden (barring that one about Rock and Roll.)
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Maybe both can still be in-continuity? Like Batman was doing his thing against the mob and dealing with Gordon around the same time he was taking on the Red Hood Gang? The only difference would be Bruce having a different costume and no hair .

It seems like the type of thing King would do given he incorporated both of Bruce and Selina's first encounter with each other in their reminiscing about how it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Because Snyder is still hanging around the Batbooks and his influence is still clearly felt?

Death of the Family seemed to imply to me that The Man Who Laughs was still Bruce's canonical meeting with the Joker. I hadn't even thought about Dick showing up, I'll probably pick it up if he's in it. There aren't nearly enough modern stories with Dick as Robin, but they are all golden (barring that one about Rock and Roll.)
    True, but King and the other writers are all fans of Snyder's run and it was a top selling book every month it was being sold.

Just because I am enjoying arguing with you(), Dick Robin has appeared in several stories in the new 52 era. New 52 Nightwing run,Batm and Robin Eternal(almost half the issues),Grayson,Rebirth Nightwing run..flashbacks in titans hunt and titans rebirth...maybe more.

BANNED

Maybe both can still be in-continuity? Like Batman was doing his thing against the mob and dealing with Gordon around the same time he was taking on the Red Hood Gang? The only difference would be Bruce having a different costume and no hair .

It seems like the type of thing King would do given he incorporated both of Bruce and Selina's first encounter with each other in their reminiscing about how it happened.
    One thing that needs to be kept in canon: Bruce pissing his pants in year 1 XD

Just because I am enjoying arguing with you(), Dick Robin has appeared in several stories in the new 52 era. New 52 Nightwing run,Batm and Robin Eternal(almost half the issues),Grayson,Rebirth Nightwing run..flashbacks in titans hunt and titans rebirth...maybe more.
    Another Dick-as-Robin story was Tomasi's Batman and Robin annual that carried many of the beats of Robin: Year One, in a case Dick tells Damian and then Bruce about. I was speaking more complete and independent arcs set in the past rather than flashbacks within a present day story. The only ones of those are the one-shot issues of Nightwing from his New 52 run. I was speaking more of arcs along the lines of Scarecrow Year One, which have Dick as Robin, tell a complete story set entirely in the past, and are not a retelling of his introduction. I really like to just read him in stories as Robin without being the focus, just being a Robin doing Robin stuff alongside Bruce. They have an interesting older/younger brother dynamic mixed with his typical father figure role that no other Robin has due to the ever increasing age gap. Dick was Robin for over 40 years, but, because he came first, he has few modern stories compared to Tim and Damian.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 03-14-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

If nothing else, I'm curious to see how King writes Joker.
    Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    One thing that needs to be kept in canon: Bruce pissing his pants in year 1 XD
    I'd rather that not be touched on, personally .

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

If nothing else, I'm curious to see how King writes Joker.

I'd rather that not be touched on, personally .
    I'm sure that unless Kevin Smith and Walter Flanagan suddenly finish their Batman trilogy out of the blue, that's going to be the norm for the Bat-books. :P

The first Batwoman TPB is scheduled for Halloween, which is friggin' perfect.

Also:

The Dark Knight teams with his fellow Gotham City vigilantes to protect their hometown in the newest volume of this hit graphic novel series in BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 4!

The next big DETECTIVE arc is here! Stephanie Brown wants nothing more than to save Gotham City from the epidemic of costumed vigilantes and madmen who regularly tear the city apart. But before she can try to stop them, she must face the challenge of one in particular: the insane the Wrath is back, and Stephanie knows what he has planned—but she refuses to let Batman risk more lives to stop him. That means it’s all on her…and a very unlikely ally!

From writer James Tynion IV (BATMAN/TMNT) and the spectacular art team of Eddy Barrows (NIGHTWING) and Alvaro Martinez (BATMAN ETERNAL) comes the fourth volume of the return of DETECTIVE COMICS! Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #957-961.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The first Batwoman TPB is scheduled for Halloween, which is friggin' perfect.

Also:
    I hope the whole arc isn't on Stephanie, I thought that was just gonna be a done in one issue.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

As far as Bat books go, it's a nice selection, though I AM disappointed that my suspicion was right, and DC was only collecting the Kelley Puckett run of Batgirl Vol.1 Sure, Horrocks was a major step down, and Gabrych wasn't quite AS good, but I'd still take their runs over most comics, and they deserve to be collected.
    Are you sure they're stopping with Puckett? The Steph Batgirl trade is still listed on Amazon, even though it's absent from this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The Dark Knight teams with his fellow Gotham City vigilantes to protect their hometown in the newest volume of this hit graphic novel series in BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 4!

The next big DETECTIVE arc is here! Stephanie Brown wants nothing more than to save Gotham City from the epidemic of costumed vigilantes and madmen who regularly tear the city apart. But before she can try to stop them, she must face the challenge of one in particular: the insane the Wrath is back, and Stephanie knows what he has planned—but she refuses to let Batman risk more lives to stop him. That means it’s all on her…and a very unlikely ally!

From writer James Tynion IV (BATMAN/TMNT) and the spectacular art team of Eddy Barrows (NIGHTWING) and Alvaro Martinez (BATMAN ETERNAL) comes the fourth volume of the return of DETECTIVE COMICS! Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #957-961.
    If I had to guess, they're only using the solicit text for 957, because they don't want to spoil the solicit text for the actual arc, which is supposed to be Luke and Jean-Paul, I believe (as hinted in 950).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I hope the whole arc isn't on Stephanie, I thought that was just gonna be a done in one issue.
    I am the opposite: I hope ALL THE COMICS EVER are on Stephanie. But I believe you're correct, and this is just using the solicit for Steph's standalone.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Are you sure they're stopping with Puckett? The Steph Batgirl trade is still listed on Amazon, even though it's absent from this list.

Just looked, and it's awesome that they're giving Steph the same treatment as Cass, but they are different volumes, and there's no sign that they're gonna collect Horrocks run any time soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am the opposite: I hope ALL THE COMICS EVER are on Stephanie. But I believe you're correct, and this is just using the solicit for Steph's standalone.
    THIS JUST IN: Detective Comics to be rebranded as Stephanie Brown comics! Millernumber1 becomes first person to literally die of happiness.

Just looked, and it's awesome that they're giving Steph the same treatment as Cass, but they are different volumes, and there's no sign that they're gonna collect Horrocks run any time soon.
    Hmm. It took a really long time for them to announce the second volume of Rucka's original run on Wonder Woman, so I wouldn't give up on Cass's title yet!

THIS JUST IN: Detective Comics to be rebranded as Stephanie Brown comics! Millernumber1 becomes first person to literally die of happiness.
    IZ DED. SO DED.