Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Ok So I wanted to give a day or 2 of anyone posting here and getting a general vibe of what people think, and from what I can tell is this. Many agree that:

It felt weird Marvel is getting rid of most of their Monarchies way to close to each other.

That maybe having a mixture of Democracy, and Monarchy would be the best for New Attilan, having it take similar values of the past and adding some modern/foreign values to it.

That the processes of Political change shouldn't happen over night, and we can actually see the thoughts on this from multiple sides.

That the Monarchy actually added a little something to make the Inhumans standout.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So one of the things to come out of IvX is Medusa abdicating the throne of New Attilan giving governing control to Iso, who thought to bring democracy. Here are 3 reasons why they should not go through with this.

1) Attilan has tried Democracy. Ya I know we get that 1000s of years ago but no, they tried a full democracy 10 years ago Marvel time. It involves both Black Bolt, and his son Ahura both rejecting the throne (see: Fantastic four Unlimited Vol 1 #2). So what did these now free people do, constantly screw up, and have the Royals save them. Hell one time the city was almost taken over by a kree mercenary/pirate all for the point of selling the Inhumans to the Kree (see: Inhumans the great refuge Vol 1 #1).

2) It makes no sense. Really think about it, Medusa destroys the cloud, the people are upset with her since what it means for them, she listens and sees she can't lead them, she gives control to Iso, who now wants to give it to the people, the same people who are upset she ended the cloud, which means what do you think would happen if they had the power to decide the clouds fate.

3) It isn't needed. What I am trying to say for this is we have another fictional nation, who is/was run by a fair monarch, this being Wakanda. In the newest Black Panther books it seems to be leading to a democratic Wakanda. However just like how IvX earned this big sift through a year build up, Black Panther earned it though its own multi arc build up. So having 2 nations whose monarchies played a big role for so many years just to now lose it sucks, if we are going to need to lose need to lose one maybe it should be the one who was aiming for that conclusion.

Ok so who should be in charge it the end, well I say Ahura since right now he is the head of Ennilux, and as for New Attilan he has the birth right, he has his youth, and his powers can let him put a claim for Genocracy. The reason I think for this push would make more sense is because of the whole prophecy that still hasn't come yet where as many Inhumans if not all of them, but even if all the Inhumans came together what then. They sing Kumbaya, no it will be a battle and for a fight like this you don't need a bunch of top dogs head-butting each other for power, but if a leader came to the table with 2 nations this would give them more control which means plans would come smoother.

So what does everyone think.
    Going to be honest it never made any sense to me that many of the NuHumans were so willing and eager to submit to the rule of the Royal Family or join with the Inhuman society at large in the first place. No doubt some of them were pleased with their powers and were curious about their previously unknown inhuman heritage but its hard to believe that that vast majority would appreciate being mutated without their knowledge or consent especially since you know that their ancestors left Inhuman society and joined with Humanity precisely because they didn't want to be subjected to terrigenesis. Never mind the Nuhumans who had family members who did not survive terigenesis like Inferno. Frankly The rapid shifts to the Inhuman status quo just don't add up.