View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casanova: Acedia #8

2 8.33%
  • East of West #32

5 20.83%
  • Eclipse #5

0 0%
  • God Country #3

3 12.50%
  • Head Lopper #5

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland #11

1 4.17%
  • Injection #11

3 12.50%
  • Invincible #134

4 16.67%
  • Island Magazine #15 (final issue)

1 4.17%
  • Kill or be Killed #7

3 12.50%
  • Manifest Destiny #27

1 4.17%
  • Mirror #6

0 0%
  • Sex Criminals #17

0 0%
  • Spawn #271

0 0%
  • Other - Horizon #9 or Rockstars #4

1 4.17%

Default Image Comics poll week 11 - three returns and one goodbye

Welcome to another instalment of our weekly Image poll, vote for your faves yo!

Last week's poll was a predictably low-key one with so few releases, but it was won by the colourful 4th issue of Motor Crush!

This week is packed by comparison, so let's kick it off: right off the bat, CASANOVA IS BACK! With a flashback issue. Also back is Head Lopper, nice on quarterly schedule, and Mirror returns from hiatus as promised too. God Country reprints both its previous issues along with the new one, indicating higher sales than expected. New storylines begin in the pages of Eclipse, I Hate Fairyland, Injection and Mirror obviously.

Special mention must be made of Island Magazine, which appears to cease publication after this week's instalment. The comics market loses yet another anthology series, a real shame for those looking for more 'out there' material. I was gonna make a thread here indexing every series this magazine published, but I guess it's no longer relevant now, unless people are still interested.

No new series means I pick the displayed cover here, this was a tough week due to so many available quality picks, but I'm gonna give Island Mag its last moment in the spotlight with this killer cover.

269441.jpg

Invincible week automatic vote for the best series around.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Casanova with the auto vote, even if I'm sad how irregularly it comes out. Which I get, because it doesn't sell very well and no one makes any money doing that book.

Sad to see Island end, even if I wasn't reading it. I think Brandon really fumbled his line of books at Image. Still there was quality work in those books form people that deserved the showcase. I hope it got them some exposure and helps them going forward.

Kill or Be Killed #7
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I love both I Hate Fairyland #11 and Kill Or Be Killed #7 equally albeit for vastly different reasons. I reckon Kill Or Be Killed #7 will get a few votes though so I'm voting for I Hate Fairyland to show it (and Dungeon Festexpocon) some love.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

East of West #32 for me. #31 ended in a pretty crazy way... ready to see where we go from there.

God Country was my only pick this week, but I actually got 2 because issue #2 was late for me. So by default it wins, but I honestly don't imagine anything beating it anyway. It was SO good. Man am I excited for #4! Issue #3 is also a potential display comic for me, I love it.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I don't see any mentions of Eclipse in the comments, but they started a new arc and it seems as good as the first. Definitely check it out

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Kill or Be Killed turns out to be my only Image title this week!
    Shock!
    KorBK was pretty good, a kind of outside look, interim issue.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

East Of West - every time! Extremely biased as it is one of my favourite books all round!
    mycomix.online is a user generated database
    Catalogue your comic book collection quickly and easily
    Submit comic books to the database and help grow the catalogue

Auto-vote for me as well to Island Mag this time, since it includes more Multiple Warheads.
    However Mirror's second arc is off to a strong start too. The art is even more abstract and painterly now and of course the story made no sense without a re-read.
    Look at these watercolours though!

mirror 6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Sad to see Island end, even if I wasn't reading it. I think Brandon really fumbled his line of books at Image. Still there was quality work in those books form people that deserved the showcase. I hope it got them some exposure and helps them going forward.
    I think the marketing on Island was pretty unclear to some people. Solicitations always said something like "the best comics anthology", and would occassionally namedrop a few of the creators. I think they should've really spelled out
    "Island #15 contains: Farel Dalrymple's Pop Gun War: Chain letter part 5, Multiple Warheads: Ghost Town part 3 by Graham, Mirenda part 3 by Grim Wilkins, a new one-shot called January by Dilraj Mann, plus work by Remy Boydell and Shanna Matuszak, edited by Emma Rios."

That's a lot of content for 8 bucks, but you'd be none the wiser without flipping through because it's never mentioned in the marketing. Granted who really looks at solicits besides retailers, and what do I know about marketing, but just an observation.