Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #19 Spolers!!!! Warned....

This will be a short review because honestly. It was a short issue and read. The issue was good but sort of underwhelming. It left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I'll explain more....

We see the preview. Psylocke sneaking around the War Room X and then it exploding. Psylocke and Magneto then confronting. Psylocke then calls a T Rex to chomp on Mags. Mags deals with the T Rex but Psylocke has snuck off. Magneto is pondering that this was bound to happen and maybe Psylocke saw too much of himself in her. Psylocke then jumps out from behind a waterfall and strikes at Mags. Bringing telekentically some giant trees and rocks to rain down on him. He blasts it off and says it doesn"t need to be this way. She says the X-Men he created and used are done. Mystique is sane enough to stay away from him. Sabes and M have taken off. Xorn is on the moon because he is too much a threat to innocents and Warren the heir of Apocalypse is the herald of the sleepers and it will bite them in the butt one day. Then Fantomex apparantly went into the world real deep. Psylocke goes to strike Mags with her sword. He rips it to pieces and mocks the thought of a metal sword against him. Mags keeps Betsy busy with the sword shards. She makes a TK sword behind her back and then stabs him through the chest. He can't believe it. Says it feels just like real metal. Psylocke puts him to sleep and leaves him to die. Then Exodus and Elixer teleport in. Mags is unconscious and bleeding out in a river. Elixer heals him. Mags wakes and still at shock she did it. Elixer asks why he'd doubt she would. Then Mags tells them the world must think he is dead.

the End.

My only gripe is not much was answered. It seemed Psylocke and Mags were both being taken out of the game. However we know they are both in books, so... Not to mention. Psylocke's actions still were not justified. He didn't kill the Inhumans. Emma did and it was never mentioned....

3 out of 5....

and yes I spelled spoilers wrong. Can an admin fiix that please? thank you... =)
    Last edited by Psy; 03-15-2017 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

I'm wondering what Elixir was doing with Exodus. Last we saw of him Xorn had taken him in. I can understand him having to find another option with Xorn going into seclusion after IvX, but this makes no sense.

Made no sense. Was she sad that her team left or something? I don't get it. Every single thing his team did was mostly of their own volition.

Hopefully this will put an end to whiny Betsy. Of all the things I love from Bunn I can say with complete honesty that I don't like how his Besty turned out.

2/5 for me

Her motivation to kill Magneto was mentioned way back before IvX. She warned him before; switched side and even left the team. What happened in IvX was just the icing on the cake. What's interesting is Betsy might actually hate that she sees herself in Magneto or the other way around; what she might become one day. And that's one of the reason she'd like to end him; like she tried to end herself in UXF v.1

I really like the ending of UXM #19.
    Through Psylocke's narrative, we learn how each cast of the book end up.

And we can finally understand a bit why Magneto is going to be keeping it low with the O5 and Betsy won't be in the Gold book.

Interesting that Elixir and Exodus are still running with Magneto at the end of it all. And if the world assumes Magneto is dead, that makes for an interesting set-up for XM: Blue.

But yeah, not getting just what Betsy was going on about.

So Psylocke was able to take down Magneto but was useless against Medusa's hair? SMH

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Her motivation to kill Magneto was mentioned way back before IvX. She warned him before; switched side and even left the team. What happened in IvX was just the icing on the cake. What's interesting is Betsy might actually hate that she sees herself in Magneto or the other way around; what she might become one day. And that's one of the reason she'd like to end him; like she tried to end herself in UXF v.1

I really like the ending of UXM #19.
    Through Psylocke's narrative, we learn how each cast of the book end up.

And we can finally understand a bit why Magneto is going to be keeping it low with the O5 and Betsy won't be in the Gold book.
    Warned him of what? What did he do? What were her motivations for wanting to assassinate him? It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    So Psylocke was able to take down Magneto but was useless against Medusa's hair? SMH
    In all fairness I don't think he was actually in all out killmode or even that angry like he was against Exodus and Medusa is a GOD who can do no wrong so. . .
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 03-15-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Just to clear one thing up. Mags did not go with Elixer and Exodus. They offered and he said he was not done yet. Even though he wanted the world to think he is dead..... Hmmmm.... Elixer did teleport away with Exodus though....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Everyone and everything is useless against Medusa's hair. Medusa's hair is now even deadlier than Black Bolt himself.

Can't wait to read this issue. I'm still not getting what Magneto did to cross that line...

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure if Elixir is just on Magneto's side for this book since Bunn is writing it but afterwards won't be...

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Just to clear one thing up. Mags did not go with Elixer and Exodus. They offered and he said he was not done yet. Even though he wanted the world to think he is dead..... Hmmmm.... Elixer did teleport away with Exodus though....
    I wonder if we'll see Elixir in Blue sometime down the road. Both he and Exodus. I also hope that this isn't the last we'll see of Xorn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I wonder if we'll see Elixir in Blue sometime down the road. Both he and Exodus. I also hope that this isn't the last we'll see of Xorn.
    I thought Xorn would've made a perfect recurring guest star in Blue as a mentor... Don't really like him being written into limbo.

This sounds...meh.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fight was beautiful but dull.

BANNED

well a classic takedown and magneto almost dying means he has redeemed all his sins and is fit to lead o5 in honour of his dear departed friend. just wait now for someone to discover master mould sentinel or something and days of future past timeline will be upon us before you can say alternate timeline or future.