Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Extraordinary XMEN #20 (Spoilers)

Limbo
    -As evacuation proceedings take place, Storm thinks of Xavier and how she tried to keep his dream alive.
    -Just then Ernst and Martha show up. Martha is getting a distress call from North Dakota. OML volunteers to go check it out with the “cub scouts” aka Anole/Glob and “Jeannie”. Forge volunteers to go as well.

South Dakota:
    -They arrive and Martha says it’s coming but Jean can’t sense anything. Sentinel drones then show up and attack!
    -Jean wonders why the sentinels weren’t destroyed when Genosha was. She is distracted but Glob has her back.
    -They walk into an old barn and find Cerebra’s (hasn’t she been destroyed 2 times during this run?) head. Cerebra explains she casted her AI into the closest network when Emma destroyed her body (weren't they in Iceland?). The barn also turns out to be Emma’s sentinel building base but she is nowhere to be found.
    -Cerebra will be taken to Forge so he can repair her but then Martha volunteers her body for Cerebra. Cerebra gets Martha's body and Martha goes back to just being a brain.

Limbo:
    They all return back to Limbo, where the rest of the cast has finished evacuations.
    -With everyone gone, they have nothing to do but play baseball! The team takes aim at each other with balls and funny quips. Storm is left thinking Xavier’s dream is still alive.

END

Reposted from Jean thread:

The final issue of extraordinary xmen had a lot of heart. Jean is featured quite heavily.

I know Lemire's run will be quickly forgotten as nothing huge happened. However, I quite enjoyed it for what it was. And if nothing else he helped portray Jean a bit more maturely than bendis did. (Don't get me wrong, I love bendis Jean. But i like that lemire brought Jean's nurturing qualities back).

RIP EXM...
    On to xmen blue and Jean grey for me!
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I really enjoyed cerebra so I was actually happy to see her survive.

Also, I know many people didn't enjoy the terrigen plot but it seemed very dire to me, which drew me In as a reader.. Though it wasn't pretty, I found myself relieved and happy to see mutants survive it all. It was pretty bleak there for a while which made it pretty memorable to me.

I think the despair of it all will make resurrxion seem even brighter.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

In other news, Storm, Forge, OML, Colossus, and Nightcrawler pay Moon Girl and the Devil Dinosaur a visit. Theya re helping her locate a blueprint of Cerebro that Lunella needs to locate all the Dooms in the world. She will use Cerebro and adjust with alien tech so it can find non-mutants. Forge tries to reason with Lunella nevertheless she persisted. They all get accidently transported to a place that scares even OML, the 80s! This was part of her plan though as she is on a quest to find Dooms and they do. Doom and Lunella exchange insults but she has the XMen. Doom then reveals doombots on his side and they all fight. DD does a fastball special launching OML off his tail. Lunella then doubts her self but is able to transport everyone including Doom to the present. OML kills Doom but is a doombot and they all think they're Doom. The XMen think Lunella is too young to take on Doom and offer her help in the future. She accepts and tells them they'll also need her. Lunella leaves happy to have made friends.

Thanks Calaigah, now I can gladly skip it.

Cerebra survived? Ugh. Now she's in Martha's body. What was Martha's body again? I forgot.

Thanks but you forgot the most important part of the book: It's the closing of a chapter. The X-Men didn't believed they would be able to go back to earth. They believed that the mutants specie would die. Now that the IvX conflict ended and they don't risk anything from the Mist, Storm, Jean and other X-Men are wondering what they are going to do next.

Not going to lie. That baseball scene at the very end was so heartwarming. Lemire can really write character beats when they aren't editorially-mandated.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Not going to lie. That baseball scene at the very end was so heartwarming. Lemire can really write character beats when they aren't editorially-mandated.
    I smiled so big at that part. Wonderful callback.

Well he can not do miracles with another plot about extinction, maybe one day if he have another chance he can show his love for the X-mens without having his hands tied.

I can not say that will miss EXM but the final scene with them finally having fun a little after so many losses was good and Lemire has my thanks for it.

Honestly, that bit felt like it was the editorially-mandated part to me. Editorially-mandated obviously isn't a synonym for bad. It just ties in so hard to the new X-Men tone they're going for.

Glad Lemire hasn't left us with a comic relief sentinel, but, at most, I found this to be an okay end to a genuinely awful series. Glad it's over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Thanks Calaigah, now I can gladly skip it.

Cerebra survived? Ugh.
    Now she's in Martha's body. What was Martha's body again? I forgot.

Generation Hope #13 -17

Incredible Member

Never understood why they haven't built a new body for Martha. They used Shiar tech before to build a body for Xavier (without a brain). Anyway, are they planning to leave the school there or move it to back to Earth as well? Because it would have made sense to move it first so folks would have shelter. Or did they build X-Haven from scratch but then how would Beast know how it's laid out?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Never understood why they haven't built a new body for Martha. They used Shiar tech before to build a body for Xavier (without a brain). Anyway, are they planning to leave the school there or move it to back to Earth as well? Because it would have made sense to move it first so folks would have shelter. Or did they build X-Haven from scratch but then how would Beast know how it's laid out?
    1. They cloned a body for Charles using his DNA...
    2. The X-Men no longer have Shi'ar technology -- it was all assimilated and or destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Generation Hope #13 -17
    Nope is not that.

BANNED

NOW this book the last issue I liked. VERY heartwarming and a throwback. I like when the X-Men play baseball and just relaxing and having fun. Good humor in here as well. Lemire did the best he could this book wasn't ALL BAD, but it did what it could.

Great sign off. Now onto X-Men Gold and Iceman.......