Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Magneto might have been mind controlled by Emma in the end but he did plan IvX with Emma and that was certainly with his consent. Psylocke views IvX has a dangerous war that could have easily ended with far more deaths. With the new lease on life that mutants have, Betsy views Erik too dangerous to live. Now, you might consider this unwarranted but that was part of the point. Currently, Besty and Erik are not so different after all. This short uncanny xmen run has been more about exploring the character of the team members than any major events.

The issue was also a team book wrap up were we can see where the team members currently are. Since Betsy is concerned for her teammates, even Mystique, it leads me to believe that Betsy will be the one to invite Mystique to join the Astonishing X-men. Betsy has experience dealing with murderous personas with Archangel, so maybe she can help reform Mystique. I'm quite happy what little character development Mystique has gotten is not going to be forgotten and it seems likely will be continued in Astonishing Xmen.

Also, it was just fun to see proof that yes, Psylocke can kill Magneto in a 1v1 fight. And Magneto was even surprised. lol Its interesting to see that Exodus is free. Poor Exodus, he has been reduced to a plot device now. When the story needs him, he'll briefly appear just to disappear just as quickly. lol
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 03-15-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Made no sense. Was she sad that her team left or something? I don't get it. Every single thing his team did was mostly of their own volition.

Hopefully this will put an end to whiny Betsy. Of all the things I love from Bunn I can say with complete honesty that I don't like how his Besty turned out.

2/5 for me
    2/5 indeed.I don't care that everyone had to be a plot device for Magneto in this book,no-one has ever made Psylocke look as much paranoid and out of her depth before.

Bunn's only excuse is the powers that be didn't give him more than twenty issues to write.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Her motivation to kill Magneto was mentioned way back before IvX. She warned him before; switched side and even left the team. What happened in IvX was just the icing on the cake. What's interesting is Betsy might actually hate that she sees herself in Magneto or the other way around; what she might become one day. And that's one of the reason she'd like to end him; like she tried to end herself in UXF v.1
    The characterisation was blatantly forced.Magneto is not an idiot,he obviously understood that his role in IvX would never sit well with any X-Man and he could have resolved this by letting her read his mind.

Just how exactly is Magneto responsible for what became of the rest of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Magneto might have been mind controlled by Emma in the end but he did plan IvX with Emma and that was certainly with his consent. Psylocke views IvX has a dangerous war that could have easily ended with far more deaths. With the new lease on life that mutants have, Betsy views Erik too dangerous to live. Now, you might consider this unwarranted but that was part of the point. Currently, Besty and Erik are not so different after all. This short uncanny xmen run has been more about exploring the character of the team members than any major events.
    Didn't Storm admit to Beast that she co-plotted with Emma and Magneto a direct assault against the Inhumans?If Psylocke was opposed to that course of action,why did she join the fight?

Perfect setup for xmen blue. Now we know why magneto is secretly working with the 05- he doesn't want anyone else to know he's alive.

I assume the 05 agree to work with him in order to "keep your enemies close" as the saying goes.

Should make for some good drama. /popcorn. More excited for blue than I already was.

Psylocke fighting magneto doesn't seem confusing to me. She worked with him to accomplish the book's goal. Now that the goal is over and the team is unneeded, she wants to dispose of him because she considers him a villain. Definitely a backstabbing move but magneto would do the same to someone he considered a threat.

Whether what she did was right or wrong is up to the reader but narratively it makes sense that she'd do it. She still sees him as a bad guy.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Perfect setup for xmen blue. Now we know why magneto is secretly working with the 05- he doesn't want anyone else to know he's alive.

I assume the 05 agree to work with him in order to "keep your enemies close" as the saying goes.

Should make for some good drama. /popcorn. More excited for blue than I already was.

Psylocke fighting magneto doesn't seem confusing to me. She worked with him to accomplish the book's goal. Now that the goal is over and the team is unneeded, she wants to dispose of him because she considers him a villain. Definitely a backstabbing move but magneto would do the same to someone he considered a threat.

Whether what she did was right or wrong is up to the reader but narratively it makes sense that she'd do it. She still sees him as a bad guy.
    That's not why she attacked him though. If it were that simple then I'd go with it, but for some reason she was convinced that he crossed some line. . .

All that he did was in an effort to save mutants and it all worked for the most part so what's her beef.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That's not why she attacked him though. If it were that simple then I'd go with it, but for some reason she was convinced that he crossed some line. . .

All that he did was in an effort to save mutants and it all worked for the most part so what's her beef.
    In my head canon she may be citing recent events but ultimately it comes down to her wanting to dispose of someone she considers a villain.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Didn't Storm admit to Beast that she co-plotted with Emma and Magneto a direct assault against the Inhumans?If Psylocke was opposed to that course of action,why did she join the fight?
    well, IvX was terribly written. Psylocke got beaten by hair just to make Medusa look good............

BANNED

well her hair is an indestructible weapon according to inhuman fan lore.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Exactly, thats how I think of this issue. I enjoyed it. It certainly set up more drama for the upcoming new books. And honestly, drama is what the x-books are all about. lol
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 03-15-2017 at 11:57 AM.

I don't remember the exact issue, but she did warn him she would take him down!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    I don't remember the exact issue, but she did warn him she would take him down!
    It was three issue ago I believe. Before IvX took over.

She said if he crossed a line she'd come back, but what the heck was the line? She was fighting along him in IvX! This is like Magik hating on Cyclops yet working with him during DoX. Surprised Bunn faltered like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    It was three issue ago I believe. Before IvX took over.

She said if he crossed a line she'd come back, but what the heck was the line? She was fighting along him in IvX! This is like Magik hating on Cyclops yet working with him during DoX. Surprised Bunn faltered like that.
    This is the part that makes no sense. She fought along with him. So what was this line and is it only plausible for her to cross it?

I enjoyed it.

Now we know what Sabertooth and Monet left together. But Sabertooth is back in Weapon X. So we'll see where Monet ends up.

The Good
    -The art and double page spreads.
    -Magneto killing the dinosaur King Kong style.
    -Magneto's thought process, realizing his actions were a self-fulfilling prophecy, AND having a contingency plan for his death.
    -When dying is part of your grand design... *slow clap*
    -Elixir and Exodus! Or maybe Exodus was simply the transportation to get Elixir to Mags then Elixir goes off on his own. Exodus does say 'us' though...

The Bad
    -I'm a bit confused as to what exactly Magneto did that prompted Psylocke to kill him.
    -Bye, War Room X. We honestly didn't see enough of you.
    -On a related note... Does WRX's destruction mean Ferris dead? He was a fun, snarky robot in his few appearances. The opposite to Cerebra, really.

The Ugly
    -Zero resolution to some of the plots raised in the series. What exactly is Archangel now? What about Monet's Emplate infestation? What exactly was Someday and who was behind it? I like closure.
    -The karmic balance for Elixir resurrecting Mags was Exodus temporarily losing his wing thingees in one panel.

The Verdict
    -A weak final issue to a VERY strong but all too brief series.
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-15-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Great issue. Great in character beats and it was good to see Elizaeth presented so strongly. She overcame..just like all great heroes do when being outmatched. How she ends with Mystique and that horrible Fantomex though? I don't want to know and I figure Magneto and Jean come face to face in Prime. As for where Exodus goes from here? Who can tell. Monet? Is she really gonna be lost in the wind? That's a shame.

The Magneto/Psylocke connection is finally over.