Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I didn't read it that dying was part of his plan. He even said to himself a part of him knew she would. That says he wasn't counting on it. I think he even said he wasn't expecting it. So Exodus showing up when he did was more luck than planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I didn't read it that dying was part of his plan. He even said to himself a part of him knew she would. That says he wasn't counting on it. I think he even said he wasn't expecting it. So Exodus showing up when he did was more luck than planned.
    I'd say he knew dying could happen so he factored it in, i.e. releasing Exodus beforehand and having Exodus bring Elixir just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm sad this run was cut short. So many plots left dangling and the team was never explored to its full potential. War Room X got exploded and does anybody really care?
    I'm mostly worried for Monet. We know Magneto, Psylocke, Sabertooth, Mystique and Fantomex (ugh) already got places to be, but since M is not alongside Creed when he joins Weapon X, it looks like the whole M-plate thing will just be ignored. I guess Blue is the best we can hope for, but I wish Bunn actually resolved his plots aside from Magneto and Betsy's feud.

M-Plate might show up as the villain in Generation X. Vampire Jubilee vs Vampire M? That's perfect... though I won't be reading the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

-The karmic balance for Elixir resurrecting Mags was Exodus temporarily losing his wing thingees in one panel.
    Ooh, great catch!

then why was Elixir, a healer, in tow?

Ultimate Member

Isn't there supposed to be one more issue that focuses on Archangel or did I miss that issue and is all went for naught...it's always fun to see the cracks in any writer that comes when the series ends, while it's going on all that you hear a lot of the time is how everything is so great and all...it happens with every series...

And in Blue all that Magneto has done is swap Betsy for teen Jean, it's the same storyline...

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I hate when certain titles release a issue that's shorter than usual this was like only 14 pages that's way too short....

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Isn't there supposed to be one more issue that focuses on Archangel or did I miss that issue and is all went for naught...it's always fun to see the cracks in any writer that comes when the series ends, while it's going on all that you hear a lot of the time is how everything is so great and all...it happens with every series...

And in Blue all that Magneto has done is swap Betsy for teen Jean, it's the same storyline...
    Not really, Teen Jean isn't a trained assassin. And I was under the impression that Magneto was going to be a mentor of sorts to the xmen blue team.

Ultimate Member

Well a mentor of sorts but when you have Jean not trusting him and going to watch him then she is basically a replacement for Betsy in that respect...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    then why was Elixir, a healer, in tow?
    I am guessing they were notified when War Room X exploded. Even when they popped in. Elixir said "you found him!?". If they were aware of it, why did he act surprised Exodus found him?

Again, I didn't read it that this was part of Magneto's ultimate plan. I think he planned on taking Betsy out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Not really, Teen Jean isn't a trained assassin. And I was under the impression that Magneto was going to be a mentor of sorts to the xmen blue team.
    Yes. Magneto won't be rescuing them from every threat (Juggernaut, Sinister). That's why he said "Magneto is dead".

BANNED

I am guessing they were notified when War Room X exploded. Even when they popped in. Elixir said "you found him!?". If they were aware of it, why did he act surprised Exodus found him?

Again, I didn't read it that this was part of Magneto's ultimate plan. I think he planned on taking Betsy out.
    We've all seen Magneto ultra aggressive..that was just a defensive fight..

How is Magneto going to convince the mutants of the world he is dead without a body, or at this point even with a body.

BANNED

I guess Psylocke breaks the news to Rogue and everyone in Astonishing...nah too easy. It would keep Rogue and Betsy at odds over a fake death.