Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I guess this was supposed to cap off the whole Psylocke/ Magneto X-Men drama but it felt so pointless. Betsy will go back and report that she killed Magneto (only the X-Men will know, unless she turns herself into the police, but I doubt it) and then a week later everyone will see Magneto running around during the Secret Empire event.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hello! Exodus is a higher-level telekinetic. you know who beat him? Magneto.
    And Exodus is probably better than Psylocke too. We are not even mentioning every time Magneto beat the X-Men and Psylocke is in the X-team.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hello! Exodus is a higher-level telekinetic. you know who beat him? Magneto.
    HELLO, who cares. That had nothing to do with what happened today. She beat him. Move on.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I think it's what ever helps you sleep at night fanboy. I'm not sure why you think a high level telekinetic couldn't beat someone who controls metal. Telekinetics can control everything. She beat him. One on one. It happened.
    Because we're talking scale of power, here. Magneto killed a Phoenix force user at full glow like it was nothing. He solo'd Proteus, a reality warper. He's no-sold nuclear detonations. He's Magneto. I call BS that an average talent like Betsy can take him with her powers alone. Just because the plot called for a burial, doesn't make it believable.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Because we're talking scale of power, here. Magneto killed a Phoenix force user at full glow like it was nothing. He solo'd Proteus, a reality warper. He's no-sold nuclear detonations. He's Magneto. I call BS that an average talent like Betsy can take him with her powers alone. Just because the plot called for a burial, doesn't make it believable.
    So? Psylocke outmatched a Rachel Grey in raw power. She took out 4 of ArchApocalyose minions in 3 panels and almost killed him. She Psy blasted an Apocalypse. Has overcome Shadow King numerous times and more. She beat gim. Quit whining....

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    So? Psylocke outmatched a Rachel Grey in raw power. She took out 4 of ArchApocalyose minions in 3 panels and almost killed him. She Psy blasted an Apocalypse. Has overcome Shadow King numerous times and more. She beat gim. Quit whining....
    Okay, so get back to me when any of that is the equivalent of shifting the earth's poles, lifting a mountain range, or beating up the entire lineup of the X-men and the avengers. She beat Shadow King? Who hasn't? Oh, she almost killed Archangel? Yeah, he was scary, wasn't he? Knives for wings!

I'll stop. But I'll also remain unimpressed. The X-office being what it is, I bet the next time they cross paths, this little fight will never be mentioned again.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Okay, so get back to me when any of that is the equivalent of shifting the earth's poles, lifting a mountain range, or beating up the entire lineup of the X-men and the avengers. She beat Shadow King? Who hasn't? Oh, she almost killed Archangel? Yeah, he was scary, wasn't he? Knives for wings!

I'll stop. But I'll also remain unimpressed. The X-office being what it is, I bet the next time they cross paths, this little fight will never be mentioned again.
    Don't turn this into a flame war okay Psylocke is a perfectly skilled deadly and formidable member of the X-men and superhero.

an Adult won't use it full power againts a Child.
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Don't turn this into a flame war okay Psylocke is a perfectly skilled deadly and formidable member of the X-men and superhero.
    I haven't attacked anyone. Disliking a character that someone else likes is not flaming. Your statement would be valid if I was smack-talking Betsy in her appreciation thread instead of complaining in a review thread about a burial.

Psylocke goes after Magneto and his magnetism with her metallic sword and takes him out yet she goes after Medusa and her hair and gets taken out

I don't see the big fuss about Psylocke beating Magneto.
    The girl had upgrades to be the weapon against anti Phoenix. Had another upgrade from AOA Pheonix. Could level mountain. Repelled nuclear and weapon of mass destruction. It's so ridiculous that writers just ignored those upgrades.

That's not what happened here.
    Psylocke often beat opponents deemed to be more powerful from her, by tactics, skills, and tricks.

She beat Shadow King 3 times not by sheer force. Cassandra Nova twice (one time in X-Men 92) again by tricking her. Killed Apocalypse-imbued Archangel by surprised (she knocked him once by sheer force tho). She's been doin' that since her pre-ninja days (surprising Sabertooth). She also knocked Magneto out in the past.

What's more intriguing here is Magneto and Psylocke's character arc.
    I agree with some of you here that Betsy came out looking like a hypocrite. She hates what Magneto been doing, yet she became just like him. She hated herself for being a killer even tried to kill herself once. She got second chance, failing to overcome her killing thirst but came to terms with inner self at the end of Spurrier's X-Force. What she did to Magneto is questionable. She might have some just reasoning but one could question whether she's just savoring another moment of killing (eventhough it's for the right reason).

Initially I was reluctant on reading X-Men: Blue, but I'm interested to see how will Magneto recover from recent events, including what happened in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Psylocke goes after Magneto and his magnetism with her metallic sword and takes him out yet she goes after Medusa and her hair and gets taken out
    Medusa's hair now is the strongest weapon on Marvel. Even beating Blackbolt. She even managed to get a piece a diamond from Emma's body.

@Psy Are you being serious?Psylocke was throwing the sink at Magneto and he was barely trying to defend himself.In an actual one-on-one battle we know what would have happened.

BANNED

It's pretty clear that Magneto's end game here is to feign his death, which is why he had Exodus and Elixer show up when they did. The loser of this encounter here is Psylocke, for displaying hypocrisy, succumbing to her hunger to kill, and being duped into believing that she killed Magneto that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is so effing polarizing. How does Psylocke go from "i cant dodge basic attacks lmao" to "imma dodge explosions and beat mags' ass". I would've wanted to see proper Betsy in IVX then getting jobbed RIGHT NEXT to Wolverine and OML who seemed to just do nothing to help her.