Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I despite all of the Titans' outfits, Supergirl's and that's all I can think of at the moment.
    As for, the best I dig Wonder Woman's and once again, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Superman's costume is not uninformed the best. It too dark, the collar is lame and he should have yellow on his belt to break up the colour.
    The new costume is the same shade of blue that its routinely been since at least the 2000s, if not longer. And a yellow belt would not look right at all. Yellow is and always has been a secondary color to the vastly primary red and blue. Some of that red was lost with the trunks gone, so the belt being red makes up for that loss.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-08-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

Best : batman
    Aquaman
    Red robin
    Joker(clown prince one)
    Flash
    Superman

Worst: MADAME FATALE.

BANNED

Superman's sucks. So bad. The collar and the armor are useless. And no removing the trunks don't fix that. It barely looks like Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The new costume is the same shade of blue that its routinely been since at least the 2000s, if not longer. And a yellow belt would not look right at all. Yellow is and always has been a secondary color to the vastly primary red and blue. Some of that red was lost with the trunks gone, so the belt being red makes up for that loss.
    Totally agree with this statement. No more yellow is needed for his costume. It looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Superman's sucks. So bad. The collar and the armor are useless. And no removing the trunks don't fix that. It barely looks like Superman.
    I look at this statement with amazement.

Why?

Because, I guarantee you, if you took a picture of new 52 Superman to anybody anywhere, they would instantly recognize him as Superman. Unless they've lived in a cave their whole life, and don't know what Superman looks like in the first place.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Is it the blue suit, red boots, the flowing red cape, or the big red S that throws you?

As far as the collar, I can take or leave it. Doesn't bother me that its there, wouldn't bother me if it wasn't.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-08-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Totally agree with this statement. No more yellow is needed for his costume. It looks great.

I look at this statement with amazement.

Why?

Because, I guarantee you, if you took a picture of new 52 Superman to anybody anywhere, they would instantly recognize him as Superman. Unless they've lived in a cave their whole life, and don't know what Superman looks like in the first place.
    If you were to ask someone which looks more like Superman to them, I'm sure they would choose the first picture.

The pre-52 costume is simply more iconic to the general public.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    If you were to ask someone which looks more like Superman to them, I'm sure they would choose the first picture.

The pre-52 costume is simply more iconic to the general public.
    The first one is more iconic, and it looks damn good.

But I think the new 52 costume looks better. The only thing I don't like about it, and think is totally unnecessary, are the lines. Don't get them at all.
    WHO DAT?!!

Spectacular Member

The idea behind all the 'lines' on the suits are (I guess) to make them more 'real world'...more realistic. I do not seem the point of the lines, and it must be a real pain for the artists to have to draw them on all of these characters. They have done this to most comic book characters (in both companies). Too many lines, knee pads, buckles, straps, detailing, etc. It's too much.

I kind of dig the high collars on some of the characters. I like how they look on Superman and Aquaman. I am one of the biggest Superman fans, and loved the classic suit, but I think this current one is a nice update. The boots however, are again, overly complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by JLange View Post
    The idea behind all the 'lines' on the suits are (I guess) to make them more 'real world'...more realistic. I do not seem the point of the lines, and it must be a real pain for the artists to have to draw them on all of these characters. They have done this to most comic book characters (in both companies). Too many lines, knee pads, buckles, straps, detailing, etc. It's too much.

I kind of dig the high collars on some of the characters. I like how they look on Superman and Aquaman. I am one of the biggest Superman fans, and loved the classic suit, but I think this current one is a nice update. The boots however, are again, overly complicated.
    I agree one hundred percent with your post.

Superhero costumes don't need to look functional or realistic. They just need to look good.
    WHO DAT?!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wonder Woman. I'm so glad they took that hideous gold off the costume. Pants or no pants.
    Deathstroke and the Legion Lost. Pretty cool, modern updates.

Worst? This would be a long and difficult list.

I think the idea of lines is the illusion of texture. It is overdone though. You could get rid of at least half of them and still get the effect. Many artists do, in fact. In lesser number I do think they actually look good. The outline on the shoulders for instance, I've grown to really like those. A couple seams on the abs I think looks okay. But all those square lines on the knees and elbows for instance, I'd lose those. All the lines on the boots outside of tread on the sole could go too.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-08-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Two things about the piping and seams:

1. You don't really want a major hero to have a costume that people are reluctant or unable to draw. You also don't want a design idea that half of everyone thinks could afford to be removed.

2. It's pretty funny that all of these heroes clearly went to the same guy to get their outfits.

You certainly wouldn't want something people are reluctant to draw, that's a no-brainer. I haven't seen any indication that any piping or seam effects however is something that artists are reluctant to draw or complain about.

Superman has them, Batman has them, Green Lantern has them, Flash has them, and people still are drawing these characters like nobody's business. It seems to be a complete non-issue from POV of pencils and inks.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-08-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Yeah, I mean more along the lines of fans and animators.