Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

The costumes of the New 52 are a nightmare...except for Aquaman and Mera.
    Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Hawkman and the Teen Titans New52 looks make
    me ill every time I see them. Also, Superman now looks like Ultraman.

I'd rather have my DC heroes look more like individuals [see below] than share similar looks.

Last edited by Herowatcher; 07-10-2014 at 01:26 AM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Love Wonder Woman's New 52 costume. The darker colors and silver replacing the gold was a great touch.

Poor Darkseid. He got delt a rotten hand.

Yeah the Silver on Wondy works well compared to the Gold. I never liked the gold to be honest, silver makes it cooler.

Wondy's landed in that inbetween land that tells you it was probably a bad idea in the first place.
    Some artists make her look great. Sadly, and I'm probably in a minority, I can't stand her look in her own book.

Darkseid, though... No. Whoever came up with that one deserves a slow descent into a fire pit.

Ultimate Member

That's ALWAYS been true of WW. Some artists can make her costume, be it pre or post-New 52, look good. However, plenty cannot. It's just a flawed costume design in general, so it's not specifically a New 52 problem. For instance, her new costume looks much better than the one in that image that Herowatcher posted. BTW, here's the new Batgirl costume:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...DEL2-c3692.jpg

I love it.

Worst bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Worst bleh
    That new costume is amazing. Top five of the new 52 stuff so far imo.

At least that new Batgirl costume doesn't look like armor like the old crap costume she had.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Love Batgirl's new costume!

Ultimate Member

To be fair, body armor IS practical to someone who has no superpowers and is vulnerable to bullets, sharp objects, blunt objects, explosives, etc. Now the DESIGN of the body armor being flawed, that's another story entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    To be fair, body armor IS practical to someone who has no superpowers and is vulnerable to bullets, sharp objects, blunt objects, explosives, etc. Now the DESIGN of the body armor being flawed, that's another story entirely.
    Meh, I have no use for practicality in superhero comics. Aestheticism > practicality in this genre as far as I'm concerned.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Meh, I have no use for practicality in superhero comics. Aestheticism > practicality in this genre as far as I'm concerned.
    The Bulletproof cloth annoys me, especially when the writer trys to explain it to make it believeable.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Worst bleh
    Easily one of the top 5 best at DC right now to me. Change those boots and she might even move into the top 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Even removing the super powered aspect, we are still talking about characters who throw lines and swing from building to building....practicality is not really a factor. This is comics, if I were looking for practical I would find another genre to contain my interests. Just my thoughts anyway.

Astonishing Member

I agree with Dispenser of Truth and Punisher007 about Wonder Woman's costume.

Diana looked good in the JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time and looked amazing Justice League: War animation!

I was surprised how much I liked then loved her look in J.L.: War. I liked the look of the others too; they were detailed but not overdesigned.

I must admit I liked Aquaman's look in JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time. The villains looked great too.

If only Hawkman could put on a shirt (because it's not the 1940s). Hawkwoman doesn't need to go barechested. I wonder why.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-10-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Spectacular Member green blogger's Avatar

Worst bleh
    It's cute, but I think I would prefer the spandex...