Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batwoman #1 preview

Best preview for last!

Anyway:

http://www.comicosity.com/preview-batwoman-1/

I like that we're starting right in the thick of things. I do want to see Kate and Julia's first meeting, though, and how this mission was all hashed out.

And hell yeah, Red Knight One is back!
    Last edited by Caivu; 03-14-2017 at 02:12 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Also, uh... could someone fix the title, please? Sorry about that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    HHAHAHAH.. VERY FUNNY YOUR TITTLE

That man has become in a monster similar to Clayface with another color.

As I imaginated. Another Penyworth helping the BAT.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-14-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Here's a small bonus panel: Kate's new archenemy, Knife.

Tahani.JPG

Here's a small bonus panel: Kate's new archenemy, Knife.

Tahani.JPG
    Thank you, again... Is a new character in DC, no?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Thank you, again... Is a new character in DC, no?
    Brand-new.

No problem .

Thank you, Frontier!

Now I'm curious to what the original title was

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Now I'm curious to what the original title was
    Forgot the M in Batwoman.

Forgot the M in Batwoman.
    Batwoan sounded like a Zen phrase or a cookie .

Very bold first issue. Just drops you in and asks only that you enjoy the ride. There's a confidence in the writing that's very appealing.

The vibe here is really cool, and distinct from previous Batwoman adventures. It's a spy story, but not a clear-cut one. This isn't Grayson, don't worry. While there's bits of Bond and Bourne in here, this is looking like it might have a fair bit of Le Carré in its blood.

Bennett nails Kate's voice and manner of speaking; I found very few issues there. Julia, despite being very similar to Kate in personality, is also distinct, which is awesome. And Kate's back to her buzzcut, which I didn't expect but appreciate. Suck it, buzzcut-haters.

Speaking of hair, there's also a very good reason why Kate had that Cressida-looking hair in the Coryana flashbacks. She banged her head on a rock and was saved by Safiyah, and part of her hair had to be shaved to apply bandages.

Oh, and as for where Bette has been? spoilers:
    Attending West Point.
    end of spoilers

That's so perfect.

Like, ugh. It's all so good. There's action, intrigue, mystery, a very strong theme of past vs present. Very strong first issue. I'm very excited for the direction this is going.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that part of the reason the tone here is so neat is that Kate's operating mostly during the day. Late afternoon at the least. Really switches things up.
    Last edited by Caivu; 03-15-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Always Rakzo

Better than the Rebirth issue at the very least. Is cool that both writers understand Batwoman's supernatural theme and also included Julia Pennyworth into the cast (and knowing Bennett, both Kate and her will have sex like, in the next 5 minutes, if they're not doing it already). Plus, a flashback that doesn't focus on Kate's origin, at last.

Nice art as well.

This was, I don't know. Art was nice, but Batman's name was dropped more then I would have preferred and Julia was almost unrecognizable. I mean the suit and the combed hair.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-15-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Art was nice, but Batman's name was dropped more then I would have preferred
    Really? That seems like a very minor complaint, TBH.

and Julia was almost unrecognizable. I mean the suit and the combed hair.
    Again, really? She looks pretty much like she did back in Superheavy and thereabouts. Besides, her personality was on point, which is the more important thing.