Amazing Member

Default Is it possible to talk to Geoff Johns or other DC writers by email or twitter?

Do they ever respond, and if so, what is the best way to communicate with them?

I want to ask if Bruce Wayne will ever get an official middle name (several Elseworlds stories have given him different middle names). I also want to know if we are going to learn the real names and origins of the three Jokers.
    Last edited by NetSpiker; 03-16-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NetSpiker View Post

I want to ask if Bruce Wayne will ever get an official middle name (several Elseworlds stories have given him different middle names). I also want to know if we are going to learn the real names and origins of the three Jokers.
    I don't know about Geoff Johns because he is not that active on Twitter but there are DC writers and artists on Twitter who do respond quite fast such as Tom King, Tim Seeley, and the Benson sisters. You can ask Tom King about Bruce's middle name but I doubt anyone would answer about the 3 Jokers because it'll be highlighted later as part of the Rebirth storyline

A lot of creators will post on Twitter (Snyder and Tynion IV for sure, although probably not Johns) when they're taking questions from fans, so just keep a lookout for those opportunities.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    I don't know about Geoff Johns because he is not that active on Twitter but there are DC writers and artists on Twitter who do respond quite fast such as Tom King, Tim Seeley, and the Benson sisters. You can ask Tom King about Bruce's middle name but I doubt anyone would answer about the 3 Jokers because it'll be highlighted later as part of the Rebirth storyline
    Was it confirmed that the three jokers story line is a part of the Rebirth story? I thought it was just another thing that was teased and forgotten.

Ive talked to snyder and king a couple times on twitter, king even reposted some "artwork" i sent him.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Just go to his house. Make sure you wear all black too.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

These are questions they will understandably not be inclined to answer. Books will answer them or not. I'm sure not many top creators know or much care what Bruce's middle name is (I figure it is Anthony or Robert, I think Anthony is my preference). And all you'll ever need to know about the 3 Jokers will be answered or deliberately not in future books.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    Ive talked to snyder and king a couple times on twitter, king even reposted some "artwork" i sent him.
    Are they more likely to respond to a tweet or a private message?

Are they more likely to respond to a tweet or a private message?
    Haha actually both. Snyder sent me a PM when i had a question for him, and him, king, lemire, and soule also tweeted.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Different talent are reachable on different social media (or, often, by their public emails), and since we have no stars in anglophone comics, as it is, most of them are easier to hear back from than, say, comparable movie or gallery art people. But, Johns, et al, aren't going to be able to answer definitively to questions like those or give too many details. At best, you'd have to hope someone's in a geeky mood and has their own pet theory or preference on Bruce's middle name, and realize that it only then still applies to them, at that moment, and is subject to change at any point.

The answer to any "are we going to..." is always... "wait and see."

We've had multiple Jokers before and it all worked out. I imagine this one'll work out somehow, too, eventually.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Amazing Member

It's been several days since I sent Tom King a tweet and he hasn't replied.

https://twitter.com/NetSpiker/status/842354637797654528

Did I send it correctly?

It's been several days since I sent Tom King a tweet and he hasn't replied.

https://twitter.com/NetSpiker/status/842354637797654528

Did I send it correctly?
    You did, but these guys get tons of tweets sent to them and there's no way they can respond to all of them.