All-New Member

Default Trying to I.D. One Page Dracula with Plague Comic Book Story from 1960s - 1970s

While growing up in mid to late 1970s the only comic books I had were those I found at rummage sales for nickle or a dime, thus most of the comics I found were from the 1960s to mid 1970s. I am trying to identify a one page filer story with likely minimum graphics around top edge or corner. The graphics may have included Dracula, his castle, and a woman, etc...

The story was about how the peasants in Dracula's land were even more down trodden as type of sickness was passing among them, causing people to flee towns and villages. As lines of people walked and rode in carts past Dracula's castle on a road far below its clifftop location Dracula watched in disdain until one day he spotted a woman he wanted. He arranged for her to come to his Castle, thinking that he had cleverly outsmarted the villagers as always; however, towards the end of conversation with the woman she revealed to Dracula that she and the villagers had tricked him and that they had disguised the fact she carried the plague - which led to Dracula dying from infected blood and freeing the villagers from his evil ways.

Amazing Member

Color or black and white comic?

All-New Member

Standard color comic from the 1960s-70s period. I don't recall the name of the comic it was in. Since it was essentially a one page partially illustrated filler story, the publisher likely placed it various issues of a more series nature (super hero, war, horror) as opposed to kid's material.