Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Of course it was Jean who else was it going to be, I'm truly sorry if any Rachel/Emma/Quentin/etc fans assumed it'd be them.

Also, we should remember these are comics I'm not sure how long anyone expected Jean to remain in the role of the inexperienced telepath that initially ANXM thrived off, but even then she'd shown great strides in what she's capable of and with her potential it'd be stupid to still cast her as the young telepath needing guidance she's healed a number of minds in the last few years she's at this point simply the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And Emma Frost has never beaten an Adult Jean Grey, so Xorna is out of the question. Come to think of it, Baby Xavier wasn't able to beat Jean. She did well against him. She's pretty powerful.

And if Emma didn't think she was pretty powerful, she wouldn't have given her the mission of trapping Karnak in illusion after illusion.
    And I'm pretty sure Adult Jean Grey has never beaten Emma without the Phoenix. And Xavier Jr doesn't exactly have any feats that put him above Emma. Emma managed to break through Illyana's psychic defenses, turn off Jeen's TP, cast an illusion that fooled both the X-Men and the Inhumans, and even messes with Xavier's telepathy while in a coma.

Also, I'm not saying that Jeen isn't powerful. I'm just saying that I think Emma is far more powerful. And Emma didn't just send Jeen, she also sent the Stepford Cuckoos with her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I'm convinced that eventually writers are going to ignore the fact that Teen Jean is a teenage Jean and just make her a rebooted Jean Grey in her mid-20s who they get to ignore all continuity for.

It doesn't make sense anyone would think a teenager would be the best telepath available. Once again Rachel and Nathan's relationship is ignored.
    We need to see more sibling moments between those two. Pronto. But also, in-universe, Jeen would probably be the easiest person to reach. Rachel went off to London and stayed off the map from heroes; whereas Jeen is still actively being a hero.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I've brought this up on other threads but I really hope that Anna/rogue still remains actively a member of uncanny avengers post secret empire when she joins the London based astonishing X-men Charles soule title.

Because if old man logan can be on three different teams I don't see why Anna can't do double duty with uncanny avengers and astonishing X-men also I'll be honest I think uncanny avengers as a title would get axed really fast if Anna left the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    And I'm pretty sure Adult Jean Grey has never beaten Emma without the Phoenix. And Xavier Jr doesn't exactly have any feats that put him above Emma. Emma managed to break through Illyana's psychic defenses, turn off Jeen's TP, cast an illusion that fooled both the X-Men and the Inhumans, and even messes with Xavier's telepathy while in a coma.

Also, I'm not saying that Jeen isn't powerful. I'm just saying that I think Emma is far more powerful. And Emma didn't just send Jeen, she also sent the Stepford Cuckoos with her as well.
    I think Emma is more skillfull/experienced than powerful than Teen Jean, whom got a massive power upgrade in The Trial of Jean Grey. Her raw power is far greater

Well, Jean has beaten Phoenix-Emma though. And as Havok83 said Emma is more experienced, not exactly more powerful. And well, Soule who was writing the main story and Emma wrote it as just Jean, putting the cuckoos there was Bunn's idea, they weren't even acknowledged on the main series.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Just for clarification, Emma did send just Jean she trapped him in a mental loop for six hours, it wasn't until he was moved into the world that the Stepford Cukoos joined her to keep them him there.

BANNED

I disagree that telepathic skill is innate. It's something that takes practice, which Teen Jean doesn't have. You can't say Jean as a 16/17 year old was as powerful and skilled as she was 10 years older.

Even Jean admitted that Rachel as Mother Askani in Adventure of Cyclops & Phoenix was far more powerful than she was. Rachel still has some memories of her life as Mother Askani, but that doesn't mean she can replicate all the skills. She has to relearn those skills with practice.
    Actually she's more powerful. Teen Jean took down the Imperial Guard by herself.

The current writers are saying Jean Grey is the most powerful, and that's actually been backed up by what's CURRENTLY going on in the books and at Marvel.

Back issues don't matter at all really. Writers and editors openly say they don't adhere to continuity like that.

And really and truly, in just her second telepathic battle, Jean was able to beat Lady Mastermind. Clearly in the current Marvel, they are saying telepathic skill is innate. With very little training, Jean knew how to fix Nightcrawler's mind and knew how to fix Laura's mind. Telepathic skill and ability is innate.

All the experience in the world does not make a weak telepath powerful.

BANNED

Adult Jean ripped the Phoenix out of Emma, so yes, she beat her and took the Phoenix out of her in issue 5 of Endsong.

Xavier enslaved the cuckoos while controlling the entire Brotherhood. IvX would have ended very differently if Emma were that good at mind controlling multiple targets. She used help from the Cuckoos to control multiple targets.

Also Emma Frost is basically wanted dead or alive . Why would the Torch call her to heal Cable's mind (never mind we've not seen Emma heal minds when she could have, I guess she just didn't care to help X-23). Come to think of it, Emma's attempt to heal Rogue psychically and help her control her powers didn't work. Xavier was able to do it. Emma may not be the best person to go to for psychic healing, and this again maybe something that's innate to the telepath.

Once Medusa became aware of Emma's shenangians, she almost killed her. Emma's diamond skin, breaking under superstrong hair. LOL. There's no way Emma is way more powerful. Jean in addition to being a powerful telepath, is a powerful telekinetic and that makes a huge difference in the battle field. Emma was knocked off her sentinel by the torch, had to go diamond to protect herself but as a result could not use her telepathic powers and was about to be ended if Havok had not teleported her away.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 03-17-2017 at 11:50 PM.

BANNED

I was hoping it would be cable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I've brought this up on other threads but I really hope that Anna/rogue still remains actively a member of uncanny avengers post secret empire when she joins the London based astonishing X-men Charles soule title.

Because if old man logan can be on three different teams I don't see why Anna can't do double duty with uncanny avengers and astonishing X-men also I'll be honest I think uncanny avengers as a title would get axed really fast if Anna left the team.
    You are right

BANNED

Actually she's more powerful. Teen Jean took down the Imperial Guard by herself.

The current writers are saying Jean Grey is the most powerful, and that's actually been backed up by what's CURRENTLY going on in the books and at Marvel.

Back issues don't matter at all really. Writers and editors openly say they don't adhere to continuity like that.

And really and truly, in just her second telepathic battle, Jean was able to beat Lady Mastermind. Clearly in the current Marvel, they are saying telepathic skill is innate. With very little training, Jean knew how to fix Nightcrawler's mind and knew how to fix Laura's mind. Telepathic skill and ability is innate.

All the experience in the world does not make a weak telepath powerful.
    Emma could take down the Imperial Guard by herself as well. They are very vulnerable to telepathy. This has long been an established fact about the Guard.

To be honest, all PIS aside, Emma is both more powerful and more skilled than a non-Phoenix Force Jean Grey be Grey teenaged or adult.

And Teen Jean was p0wned in IvX and treated like complete novice who didn't know what she was doing.

If it's related to Cable, then it should be Rachel since the continuity is important to his character since the only way Baby Nathan Christopher didn't die is explained by Rachel's power level - which is Phoenix assisted but she only has residual Phoenix power at that point.

Teen Jean is so far removed from Nathan - her clone's son from the future - that their relationship is more likely to be played for laughs than anything else. I loved what Claremont did with Nate and Jean after Scott died, but that's not really relevant for Teen Jean and Cable.

I understand them not going to Emma as things are.. and I cant tell in raw power but an adult Emma is much more skilled than Jeen. When it was adult Jean Grey and adult Emma Frost things were always balanced (that was the fun of it) unless there was a Phoenix Force unbalance (then Jean always became a boring bully... no fun)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

And Teen Jean was p0wned in IvX and treated like complete novice who didn't know what she was doing.

If it's related to Cable, then it should be Rachel since the continuity is important to his character since the only way Baby Nathan Christopher didn't die is explained by Rachel's power level - which is Phoenix assisted but she only has residual Phoenix power at that point.

Teen Jean is so far removed from Nathan - her clone's son from the future - that their relationship is more likely to be played for laughs than anything else. I loved what Claremont did with Nate and Jean after Scott died, but that's not really relevant for Teen Jean and Cable.
    what was done and where did it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    I was hoping it would be cable.
    Cable cant exactly help himself