4 9.76%
  • no

32 78.05%
  • maybe

5 12.20%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you want Singer to direct another x-men movie

He had a decent track record until apocalypse, a film that I felt failed because Singer got cocky about his track record on x-men movies. I am sure he has humbled himself now after Apocalypse failure and is ready to redeem himself. I don't know how I feel about him directing another x-men movie but I wont completely close the door on him.

What are you thoughts.
    Last edited by Selina; 03-16-2017 at 11:38 AM.

No.

Keep him occupied on the tv series and don't let him touch the films ever again.

More no then yes. I loved DOFP but Apocalypse was a trash.
    I think he had enough tries. We already saw what he can deliever and I don`t think he has a lot of good new things to surprise with.

BANNED

No. He doesn't get the XMen, especially the non-white ones.

No way in hell. Not only that, but I don't want him near anything X-related ever again. Not as a producer, or writer, or adviser or anything.

Definetly not. 4 are more than enough. Its time for new blood. Get a real fan of the comics and mostly, a real fan of the actual X-Men team (Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, Angel, Psyloque, Jubilee, Colossus.....)

Im sure the day Fox gets this type of director and does a more faitful job, the fanbase will increase the good word of mouth and the audience will embrace it too.

Just say "NO!"

No more singer.

He doesn't understand the X-Men, the stories, fans or what fans want in a movie.

BANNED

Just wait until the Storm fans see this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    No.

Keep him occupied on the tv series and don't let him touch the films ever again.
    I don't even want him on the tv series. Keep him away from the X-Men period.

No. We'Ve seen enough from him, and frankly it wasn't good enough to leave me wanting more.

More than I want Kinberg writing another movie. Unfortunately, THAT one is a reality.

I say no and I say that as someone who really enjoyed X-men: Apocalypse. I think that was the best superhero movie Singer has made to date, although I might give the Rogue Cut of DOFP the edge in some areas.

The problem is I think the X-men movies need a lighter tone. Deadpool really shook things up in that respect. He helped set a different tone for the X-men movies, one that worked in so many ways. I think that tone is the future for the X-men movies, not the darker tones of DOFP or Logan. Bryan Singer has a solid track record as a director. However, he also has a unique style of sorts. He specializes in movies with serious undertones. When the first X-men movie came out, we kind of needed that to get away from the campy style of Batman and Robin. Now, that style just isn't as effective anymore, thanks to the success of Deadpool and the MCU. To move forward, I think the X-men movies need a very different style, one that's lighter and more upbeat.

I'm not sure that Kinburg can deliver that style, but I'm pretty sure that Singer can't because that's just not the kind of movie he makes. Going all the way back to his Usual Suspect days, he has a style that he's good at and that style just doesn't jive with the X-men movies anymore.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

NO, definitly no.

He doesnīt get the X-Men. Some movies are good, but even those good ones, donīt get the X-Men right.

Deadpool Colossus was more in character than anything in every Singer Movie. Even if they are fun, they are not the X-Men. Singer is about explosions and effects, while the X-Men are another complete thing.
    Last edited by Gortam; 03-16-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    He had a decent track record until apocalypse, a film that I felt failed because Singer got cocky about his track record o x-men movies. I am sure he has humbled himself ow after Apocalypse failure and is ready to redeem himself. I don't know how I feel about him directing another x-me movie but I wont completely close the door on him.

What are you thoughts.
    I voted MAYBE. But in thinking it over, the franchise needs fresh cinematic leadership to re-energize and refresh. Where the early movies have been about the Xavier-Magneto relationship in many ways, we need to move on from that.

I do love what Singer did to move this forward with X1, X2, and then coming back to produce First Class and direct DoFP. But the last movie had enough missteps (including that Apocalypse design that was so distracting from the traditional design), better to bring in a fresh face with a short but successful track record. Then it eliminates any baggage. And I have concerns with Simon Kinberg too, since he has been at the helm for quite a while. Though allowed to call out what successes he wants his name aligned with, versus the not-so-strong delivery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I say no and I say that as someone who really enjoyed X-men: Apocalypse. I think that was the best superhero movie Singer has made to date, although I might give the Rogue Cut of DOFP the edge in some areas.

The problem is I think the X-men movies need a lighter tone. Deadpool really shook things up in that respect. He helped set a different tone for the X-men movies, one that worked in so many ways. I think that tone is the future for the X-men movies, not the darker tones of DOFP or Logan. Bryan Singer has a solid track record as a director. However, he also has a unique style of sorts. He specializes in movies with serious undertones. When the first X-men movie came out, we kind of needed that to get away from the campy style of Batman and Robin. Now, that style just isn't as effective anymore, thanks to the success of Deadpool and the MCU. To move forward, I think the X-men movies need a very different style, one that's lighter and more upbeat.

I'm not sure that Kinburg can deliver that style, but I'm pretty sure that Singer can't because that's just not the kind of movie he makes. Going all the way back to his Usual Suspect days, he has a style that he's good at and that style just doesn't jive with the X-men movies anymore.
    x-men does not need a lighter tone. it will be hard to make the x-men movies light since the majority of the source material are not light.

if you like light movies watch the mcu movies.